03 636 turns over but wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 AM

cbr717 is a decent person
Re: 03 636 turns over but wont start

so i wired the two wires together on the kick stand switch and it still wont start?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:41 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

so when the key is on, if you flip the kill switch on, nothing happens? The solder connections go bad in those switches in hondas all the time. I dont know much about kawi problems yet, but it might be worth your time to open up the kill switch and look for loose wires in there.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM

when i turn the key on the secondary valve things open and close and im pretty sure everything comes on except the fuel pump. I hit the start button and it just turns over untill the batt goes dead and never will fire up. Even with the fuel pump hot wired it wont start
Old 11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

know any one that has an ignition switch you could try ?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:36 PM

arickdm is a decent person

maybe spark plugs?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:27 PM

yea my friend has a 636 that his buddy wrecked and its just sittin in his storage. Thats where i got the tilt sensor from. Im gonna check the spark plugs tonight and but it still doesnt explain when power isnt being sent to my fuel pump and everything
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by cbr717
yea my friend has a 636 that his buddy wrecked and its just sittin in his storage. Thats where i got the tilt sensor from. Im gonna check the spark plugs tonight and but it still doesnt explain when power isnt being sent to my fuel pump and everything
ya try plugging in his ignition switch and when you bypassed the kick stand switch did you try to start the bike before you twisted the wires together ? i ask only because i cant remember if you are supposed to twist them together or just unplug the switch ..
Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

did you get rid of the power commander like OMR Said? ANY codes flashing on your gauge?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM
also known as OMR

another thing i dont think any one has mentioned yet is to check the harness plugs just to make sure every thing is plugged in and didnt rattle loose , there are a couple plugs under the air box on the right side of the bike that come unplugged some times
Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 PM

bikes would be so much easier to fix without electrical things involved
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by arickdm
bikes would be so much easier to fix without electrical things involved
lol yes
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM

no i didnt try startin without the wires together. And no i havent gotten rid of the PC yet. Im gonna do all that and check the harness plugs tonight when i get off work. I hope it fixes this damn thing. Ive only ridin it once and it breaks
Old 11-10-2009, 04:06 PM
also known as OMR

wouldnt be a bad idea to charge the battery also
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM

ive charged the battery. its good
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

anybody have a good wiring diagram for the 636? ive only seen one and it was such low resolution you couldnt read the color letters
Old 11-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
anybody have a good wiring diagram for the 636? ive only seen one and it was such low resolution you couldnt read the color letters
this is all i found. maybe the fuel pump switch?

http://www.guhlmotors.com/TechPages/...636_Wiring.pdf
Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 PM

charsha1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem with my 954 everything works but the fuel pump wont prime and i even tryed a good fuel pump and tryed new relays so when u find out whats wrong let me know its probable the same thing.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

**** just happened to me on my f4i.. Check your cam pulse generator plug... Mine was on my clutch cover. One of the contacts came loose.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:27 PM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

sol5269 is an unknown quantity at this point

check for spark too. If u have weak or no spark it could be ur cam pulse generator like that guy said or in my case it turned out being the computer itself. Also if ur ignition is junk it will cause the fuel pump to **** up. Try givin it a shot of carb cleaner and see if it fires. If it doesnt then u have a spark issue. If it does then i think u know the answer. And if the bike is in nuetral then it wont matter if the kickstand switch is good or not. And if ur fuel pump primes then ur kill switch and ignition are working. Good luck, and i'd invest in a manual, they tell u all this stuff and give u wiring diagrams. And it wont cost u a pic of ur girlfriend. Unlike all the info i just gave u DO IT!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Tekanomics is a decent person

so lets look at this....
1. NO PIX OF THE DAM CHICK!!!
2. fuel pump wont prime, fuel pump wont even come on. fuel pump wont hot wire

A. go to ur friends bike n 'borrow' his fuel pump.
B. make sure it's grounded correctly
c. what gauge wire are you using to 'hot wire' your fuel pump?

Quick Reply: 03 636 turns over but wont start