Strongest type of delrin for cage sliders.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 AM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point
Strongest type of delrin for cage sliders.....

What is the type of delrin that is the strongest? I got a foot of 1 5/8 round Acetron that this guy said was strong but when I tested it by letting the bike fall, it dragged 1 circle and grinded half way down! F-ing BS. Anyone know?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 AM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person
Re: Strongest type of delrin for cage sliders.....

Poop......
Old 11-05-2009, 11:37 AM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant
Old 11-05-2009, 02:22 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Aluminum!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	phuck 002.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	233470  
Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ask atown what he's using. my sliders are barely even touched.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I always thought "DERLIN" was the type it was

I didn't think there was different grades of derlin, I thought derlin indicated the grade of plastic

+1 on aluminum sliders though, mine have hit like 50 times already and are barely smashed. One set should damn near last you the life of your bike

my jalopy with aluminum sliders

Last edited by Towlieee; 11-05-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:01 PM

DH-GSXR600 is a decent person

I had aluminum ones that a friend made for me and they dug into the asphalt and flipped it and bad news
Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DH-GSXR600
I had aluminum ones that a friend made for me and they dug into the asphalt and flipped it and bad news
if it went down fast enough for aluminum to catch chances are derlin would have just snapped right off instantly and your cage would have dug in instead, or damaged the end of your cage
Old 11-05-2009, 03:13 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Towlieee
if it went down fast enough for aluminum to catch chances are derlin would have just snapped right off instantly and your cage would have dug in instead, or damaged the end of your cage
i went down at 40+ on the street no flippy no breaky

but the TS sliders ive seen blow apart many times from simple parking lot drops, so i would think that there must be better grades of delrin..?

Last edited by sdfkillz; 11-05-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i went down at 40+ on the street no flippy no breaky
I low sided at around 50-55mph, aluminum just slid tell it hit the grass then flipped

Yet the two sets of derlin I ran a couple years ago, both broke from dropping a 10mph or slower wheelie

not wanting to wait on more derlin, I rode anyways, smashed the end of my shitty cage lol
Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I low sided at around 50-55mph, aluminum just slid tell it hit the grass then flipped

Yet the two sets of derlin I ran a couple years ago, both broke from dropping a 10mph or slower wheelie

not wanting to wait on more derlin, I rode anyways, smashed the end of my shitty cage lol
i dont know what atown uses but the **** is like indestructable
Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 PM

some pics of my sliders. taken one real hard lot drop and real hard street drop and numerous slide outs from drifting and theyre barely touched. oh and one of my dog cuz he's super rad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0154.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	233476   Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0153.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	233477   Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0138.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	233478  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
some pics of my sliders. taken one real hard lot drop and real hard street drop and numerous slide outs from drifting and theyre barely touched. oh and one of my dog cuz he's super rad
damn thats 1/2 a tree
Old 11-05-2009, 04:40 PM

that is a sweet dog. But you gotta teach him to quit bringing all the sticks back that you throw in your neighbors yard
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM

lol thats his favorite stick. keeps trying to bring that big ******* thing in the house too. sometimes he runs with hit holding the end and it hits the ground and almost pole vaults his *** lol
Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

there is many different grades of delrin i use a grade that is 2 up from the cheapest kind cause i still get it at the cheep price which is still not hat cheep. i sound like a damn bird cheep cheep LOL. But you can also get delrin that is NASA quality which is like 143$ per foot.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:39 PM

OC DeBo is a decent person

im interested to see how much my sliders that came with my FI cage are gonna last me...
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by OC DeBo
im interested to see how much my sliders that came with my FI cage are gonna last me...
I think the FI ones are fairly strong, I have a couple friends that run FI's and there sliders have held up good

there is many different grades of delrin i use a grade that is 2 up from the cheapest kind cause i still get it at the cheep price which is still not hat cheep. i sound like a damn bird cheep cheep LOL. But you can also get delrin that is NASA quality which is like 143$ per foot.
ahh thats good to know, do you know of any decent online sources for delrin that sells in different grades?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

cool dog sdf
Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person

where would i buy this stuff

Quick Reply: Strongest type of delrin for cage sliders.....