Squid question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 AM

FresYES fresh is a decent person
Squid question

So i think i have an idea but not 100% sure....
What determines how much feel your handbrake has? Im running a 03-04 636 nissan, and an 03-04 636 brembo rear master.... I think it has something to do with how much fluid can go through at a time? Any way to change how much feel it has? I can barely lock it, but i have no feel to the lever at all, barely pressing it applies alot of pressure, and locking it only takes the lever going 1/4 of the way in.... but is still hard to do.... Is there TOO much pressure? Just confused and curious Any help would be cool
Old 11-05-2009, 01:36 AM

l Bolo l is a decent person
Re: Squid question

Theres no such thing as too much handbrake. I have a 4 piston for a handbrake and love it. The more the better, you will get used to it. You don't want to need more brake and not have it. Plus your hands gonna get tired if you have to use alot of effort with your handbrake. If for some stupid reason you want less power in it you can let some air into your brake line but you really dont want to do that.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FresYES fresh
So i think i have an idea but not 100% sure....
What determines how much feel your handbrake has? Im running a 03-04 636 nissan, and an 03-04 636 brembo rear master.... I think it has something to do with how much fluid can go through at a time? Any way to change how much feel it has? I can barely lock it, but i have no feel to the lever at all, barely pressing it applies alot of pressure, and locking it only takes the lever going 1/4 of the way in.... but is still hard to do.... Is there TOO much pressure? Just confused and curious Any help would be cool
I'm not really sure what all your saying here it kinda doesn't make sense. One part you said it doesn't lock up then you said it does at 1/4 of the way in. Anyhow feel is more so what master you are running on your bars. Like what size it is like a 13mm or a 16x18 something like that. I ran a brembo 16x18 on my other bike and it was a harder feel like hard to pull in kinda. Now my new billet magura 13mm is like butter with feel kinda mushy like but works great. I can ride the brake more so not like the brembo where it was more on or off feel. I hope this makes some sense to you
Old 11-05-2009, 01:46 AM

Well.... it locks easy, but with barely any effort. BARELY pressing the lever puts a lot of brake on, BARELY any more locks it.... it goes straight from no brake to nearly full brake. If that makes more sense? Im used to it and never really cared, but my neighbor who rides pointed it out and i realized "wow i do ride the brake hard" and i dont think it can be too good
Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 AM

It is hard to understand... but it DOES lock, with not much effort.... but the difference in that "not much effort" and sqeezing it as hard as i can doesnt make a difference. it doesnt lock any easier jamming it down than it does barely squeezing it
Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

a smaller bore on your master will give you more feel or a bigger caliper , either way works
Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 AM

Sweet All i really needed to know out of my 10 pages of nonsense i typed
Thanks