advanced or retarded cams on 06 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
advanced or retarded cams on 06 600rr

gotta pull the head on my 600rr just wondering if anyone has had any luck changing the positions of the cams to make it more stunt friendly
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 PM

Drew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of light
Re: advanced or retarded cams on 06 600rr

Originally Posted by skillz
gotta pull the head on my 600rr just wondering if anyone has had any luck changing the positions of the cams to make it more stunt friendly

just be carfull case if ur one tooth off the piston can hit the vaules better off putting a power commander on it and tune if for bottom end power
Old 10-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

not unless they are adjustable, but I doubt they are

like drew C said, power commander and a good tune, but don't waste time with a power commander unless you plan on dynoing it to tune, or tapping a o2 sensor and data logging
Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

My power commander for my street glide by-passes the O2 sensors....
Old 10-29-2009, 02:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
My power commander for my street glide by-passes the O2 sensors....
I'm talking about hooking your own o2 sensor up with a laptop to monitor your fuel mixture
It's an idea I had after helping my friend tune his car.. I was thinking it could be gangster. Have a laptop either strapped to my seat, or in a backpack, hooked up to the power commander and a o2 sensor, then sending the signal wirelessly to another laptop while my friend sits in a lawn chair, tuning my bike as I stunt using remote desktop in windows (so basically him sitting in a lawn chair, its just like hes ON my bike controlling the laptop)
I just need to get a new power commander to try it, a winter project. Real world stunt tuning instead of tuning on a dyno that will never be like the parking lot
If anyone thinks my idea is retarded or wont work, let me know before I waste my time
Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I'm talking about hooking your own o2 sensor up with a laptop to monitor your fuel mixture
It's an idea I had after helping my friend tune his car.. I was thinking it could be gangster. Have a laptop either strapped to my seat, or in a backpack, hooked up to the power commander and a o2 sensor, then sending the signal wirelessly to another laptop while my friend sits in a lawn chair, tuning my bike as I stunt using remote desktop in windows (so basically him sitting in a lawn chair, its just like hes ON my bike controlling the laptop)
I just need to get a new power commander to try it, a winter project. Real world stunt tuning instead of tuning on a dyno that will never be like the parking lot
If anyone thinks my idea is retarded or wont work, let me know before I waste my time
You'd have to get a wide band O2 sensor so that it's more accurate. I have one in my M3 that is blown. I keep it running with a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge to monitor the car all the time...... This one is good and it's got some data logging too. I would suggest monitoring RPM, TPS (if applicable), ignition and fuel map.....

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php
Old 10-29-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
You'd have to get a wide band O2 sensor so that it's more accurate. I have one in my M3 that is blown. I keep it running with a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge to monitor the car all the time...... This one is good and it's got some data logging too. I would suggest monitoring RPM, TPS (if applicable), ignition and fuel map.....

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php
Ya, I was gonna have my friend do all the tuning. Its turboglenn, he has been tuning many different vehicles in omaha for years

I was just wanting to attempt to street tune my bike just like he does his car. Figured I could have him dial it in perfectly at the lot while I sit there ripping circles and seeing what runs better

Just not sure how great it will really end up working...
Old 10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skillz
thats a good idea, I know on car motors that can drastically change the HP/torque characteristics. I think retarded drops HP but gains torque.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Towlieee
not unless they are adjustable, but I doubt they are

like drew C said, power commander and a good tune, but don't waste time with a power commander unless you plan on dynoing it to tune, or tapping a o2 sensor and data logging
I can get a PC map 99% spot on without a dyno. The last 1% can't even be noticed
I would only dyno tune if you have done head,work, big bore, ect.
You can run a power commander on a bone stock bike and richen up the bottom end. You can notice the differance & your bike will run a few degrees cooler as well.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I can get a PC map 99% spot on without a dyno. The last 1% can't even be noticed
You can run a power commander on a bone stock bike and richen up the bottom end. You can notice the differance & your bike will run a few degrees cooler as well.
for cereal? i want one now.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
for cereal? i want one now.
yep! I'm going to put one on my bike finally after doing fuel maps since the 1st original power commander.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
well **** wish I woulda kept my old power commander lol... sold it cause I didn't notice any difference with the downloaded maps for it

Whenever I do purchase one, I still think imma data log and tune it, just since it isn't gonna cost me anything except for buying an extra o2 sensor and having my friend tap it into my header, then just use his equipment
Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Dynojet makes a wideband commander that you use with a powercommander. It comes with a wide band bosch o2 sesor, gauge, & software. Its pretty neat other than you must drill a hole in the exhaust and weld the bung in to mount the o2 sensor. It also datalogs as well. I wanna say 1 hour of internal memory