Bog out on gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Bog out on gas

ok so when i dented the new tank it dented down and covered the intake on the airbox.....i split it at the seam and put a house ventalation filter and cut a peice of sheet metal making a hole the same size as the intake. Worked great for the last few weeks, even held idle a little stronger...but it got a lot colder this last week (maybe a cuase) and now when i pin the gas it bogs for a second or two...when i accelerate slowly its fine but when i pin it it just kinda sits there.........only happens in gear though...in nuetral its fine.......i know it sounds really half *** fix for an airbox but it WAS working great......someone told me it might just b getting too little or too much air (DUH)....... but any guesses?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of
Re: Bog out on gas

Originally Posted by big ben
ok so when i dented the new tank it dented down and covered the intake on the airbox.....i split it at the seam and put a house ventalation filter and cut a peice of sheet metal making a hole the same size as the intake. Worked great for the last few weeks, even held idle a little stronger...but it got a lot colder this last week (maybe a cuase) and now when i pin the gas it bogs for a second or two...when i accelerate slowly its fine but when i pin it it just kinda sits there.........only happens in gear though...in nuetral its fine.......i know it sounds really half *** fix for an airbox but it WAS working great......someone told me it might just b getting too little or too much air (DUH)....... but any guesses?
what kinda bike
Old 10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
what kinda bike
sv 650 carbed
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Chicken

bulletchicken is a decent person

any exhaust changes?
jetting?
airbox mods and air filters on carbed bikes can make a bigger difference than most people think.

also service wise.. plugs and oil ok?
vacuum leaks?

just tossin ideas at ya
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
CA STUNTER

no nothing has changed since it started bogging
exhuast is the same
Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have a carbed bobber and something about load makes it bog. It runs fine and STRONG on the lift, but bogs BAD under load.... If you figure it out, let ME know
Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

I know this is completely different cause I have never worked with a carbed big bike but every time it gets to winter and I ride my 70cc in the winter and summer constantly I need to basically re tune the carbs so that they are getting the right amount of gas. that sounds like you could be having a similar problem but like I have said I have never played with a big bike carb before.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

A carb is a carb... big or little, they work the same, so you could be very correct Trix
Old 10-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

mine was just doing the same thing... cleaned air filter and wha la... fixed
Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 PM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person

get a 636 any all your problems are solved
Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 PM
CA STUNTER

i put duct tape over 90% of the 2 inch intake hole i cut and it dramatically improved......but if i have 90% of the only air source of my motorcycle blocked off and its STILL not great somethings wrong.....
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 AM

adichino is a decent person

i put duct tape over 90% of the 2 inch intake hole i cut and it dramatically improved......but if i have 90% of the only air source of my motorcycle blocked off and its STILL not great somethings wrong.....
this is what ive done to my carbed F4 ... duct taped 70% of the air intake and it runs so much better ...
the air gets in the airbox uncontrolled (as without the ram air tubes) this is why it bogs like ****
Old 10-29-2009, 10:01 AM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by adichino
this is what ive done to my carbed F4 ... duct taped 70% of the air intake and it runs so much better ...
the air gets in the airbox uncontrolled (as without the ram air tubes) this is why it bogs like ****
thanks bro seems to be the case