Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:08 PM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person
Re: Just tryin to get the name out there

thanks boyz
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
07 636's are my favorite year!

Hahaha. Yeah, mine too. Except I wanna bore mine out to a 1580
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Hahaha. Yeah, mine too. Except I wanna bore mine out to a 1580
i already did and its
Old 10-29-2009, 03:45 AM

RedRepsol is a decent person

How much for the rearsets for an '01 f4i? Products look great btw!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:10 AM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Hmmmmm. Very strange that there is so many similarities to SickInnovations parts.. That and theres a sick cage on the 05-06 636 in a few pics. Offers solid and foldable on subcage.... Looks like the f4i cage is a mix of a sick and 905 cage with slight tweaks to try to hide it........ Upper tripple clamp looks a bit like one ive seen before.... Not a good move bro.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
Hmmmmm. Very strange that there is so many similarities to SickInnovations parts.. That and theres a sick cage on the 05-06 636 in a few pics. Offers solid and foldable on subcage.... Looks like the f4i cage is a mix of a sick and 905 cage with slight tweaks to try to hide it........ Upper tripple clamp looks a bit like one ive seen before.... Not a good move bro.
although there may be similarities SI parts there are also just as many differences example: all the tubing i use 1.125" dia. .125 wall DOM, all of my parts are waterjet cut in house not jobbed out to a laser shop i also do all of the machining myself i cant help it some parts resemble others ill admit i got ideas from alot of your parts with guys coming to me with bent or broken stuff needing it fixed or replaced, but i think this industry is big enough for all of us to put some stuff out there if anything just to give everyone more options
Old 10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RKArmor
although there may be similarities SI parts there are also just as many differences example: all the tubing i use 1.125" dia. .125 wall DOM, all of my parts are waterjet cut in house not jobbed out to a laser shop i also do all of the machining myself i cant help it some parts resemble others ill admit i got ideas from alot of your parts with guys coming to me with bent or broken stuff needing it fixed or replaced, but i think this industry is big enough for all of us to put some stuff out there if anything just to give everyone more options
I dont see the big deal on other companys starting....gives you more of a choice of what you want and expands the sport with business....and with "copying" parts I know c4 made the first r6 subframe and si looks the exact same so i DO NOT see the big deal
Old 10-29-2009, 12:33 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Did Henry Ford design the first Automobile? No, he designed a way to make it easier and more affordable. It's unfortunate that there are only so many ways to make a cage/stay and not have to copy others.
Companies are not judged by there product alone, they are also judged on price, availability and service.

The future for RK is still up in the air.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Did Henry Ford design the first Automobile? No, he designed a way to make it easier and more affordable. It's unfortunate that there are only so many ways to make a cage/stay and not have to copy others.
Companies are not judged by there product alone, they are also judged on price, availability and service.

The future for RK is still up in the air.
which is why they are making a version of converti bars for cheaper....I dont use them but some people do and dont want to spend 300 plus dollars for bars among other parts....The more companys the better. you can only make so many of the same parts that focus around the same designs....cant make a square shaped cage or a hexagon 12 bar....they just wont line up
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Drew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of light

hey ur subframe cage for the 05 636 is the **** i love it and whats up with a front fering stay
Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 PM
sickinnovations.com

I dont mind the competition what so ever. Thats a part of business. But when people use our parts that we put the R&D into that tends to torque me the wrong way. Be original and figure the **** out on your own. Many other people contacted me to tell me their thoughts on your parts and the similarities... I will just leave it at that. Good luck in your business venture.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:56 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
which is why they are making a version of converti bars for cheaper....I dont use them but some people do and dont want to spend 300 plus dollars for bars among other parts....The more companys the better. you can only make so many of the same parts that focus around the same designs....cant make a square shaped cage or a hexagon 12 bar....they just wont line up
Theres many other ways to make a cage.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Drew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of light

yo how much for ur cage for a 05 636 and the front fering stay thanks klos got me my subframe cage from u the best
Old 10-29-2009, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
I dont mind the competition what so ever. Thats a part of business. But when people use our parts that we put the R&D into that tends to torque me the wrong way. Be original and figure the **** out on your own. Many other people contacted me to tell me their thoughts on your parts and the similarities... I will just leave it at that. Good luck in your business venture.
I agree with you 100%, but I have had situations in auto racing where we got some parts, then modified them to our spec. We caught some flack for doing our own thing with their product, but as time went on and more of our developments proved better than theirs, they requested the "modified" parts back. Competitive secrets are highly guarded ones, so I declined. Push came to shove and because they were a partial sponsor and the season was over, they demanded them back so they could "rebuild" them for next year. So, I was forced to oblige.

My answer was to re-mod them back to the stock configuration so our hard work was kept with our team.

The unfortunate part your situation is that you are selling parts to the public. Once they hit the market (patented products aside) people are free to copy and build as they see fit.

Like I stated before, there is more to a company besides products. From the short time I have been back on this forum it seems that you have a good relationship with a lot of people on this forum and take time to listen and develop your products to meet their needs. This, coupled with good pricing and standing behind your product will make you prevail.

I think is was just 3 weeks ago we were looking at your 636 stunt stay in mock up and people were accusing you of copying JohnnyP.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:57 PM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

my thought on the agument... Is **** it! its for a sport that we all do! cheaper parts that are made good = WIN!

Last edited by trz; 10-29-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by trz
my thought on the agument... Is **** it! its for a sport that we all do! cheaper parts that are made good = WIN!
Spoken from someone who's probably never had any time doing fab work or R&D.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Tekanomics is a decent person

price on 03/04 636:
d-c bracket
rearset brackets

the stuff looks pretty good. imo, sure it may be a sad fact if it resembles the sick product moreso then a compliment to the design. however, as said. there are a lot of ways to make a cage... but not all are good ones. if a products offered that dont stand it dont stand but the attemot was made and if his parts do stand up then he's just got his r&d done and proved a point.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Im totally against some one stealing a design that is just plain fucked up and I would be pretty salty i agree with Ian on that one but there is a picture on his page with a sick cage on the bike....for real come on if it was your company and you seen your product on his bike then he had a subcage that looked the same. you would be pissed but its not my problem i talked to ryan seems like an alright guy i might even buy a subframe from him as soon as some one who stunts hard gets one and i can get a review....im just not down to take a chance on a new company really but he is a good dude thats for sure....

All this said cheaper parts are great but you get what you pay for I LOVE MY A-TOWN customs parts and live by them....Good luck on your venture RK ARMOR.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:03 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

i just pooped
Old 10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
i just pooped
DID YOU EAT CI CI's

Quick Reply: Just tryin to get the name out there