Rearset Question from someone "636-stupid"

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person
Re: Rearset Question from someone "636-stupid"

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
I'm am rearset shopping for my 2004 636, which amongst other things has epoxied rearsets. I would like to find rearsets that are:

1) billet alum,
2) adjustable, and
3) utilize my stock pegs.

Am i asking for too much, or is there someone that manufactures same?
I think you need fork seals first!!

I have a set coming soon. If you wait a month or so.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 PM

OC DeBo is a decent person

Copped a pair of ESDs for like 200, and the peg is beefy as hell, plus its short enough to miss the ground in a crash. Dunno if you can put your own peg on there, and they are def not adjustable. but on the other hand, wouldnt one piece rearsets be a lot more sturdy than the adjustable ones anyways for stunting?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
maybe im magic but. if you cut your pegs down to where the "peg feeler" goes into and remove the feeler then round it off all nice with a grinder you will NEVER hit your peg in a crash and consequently never break a rearset.... atleast in my experience.
ive never broke the part that holds the peg.....its always where the rearsets mount to the frame that snap on me...

100 bucks shipped to your door doesnt seem bad to me with high quality steel, already powdercoated, and stock replica....hell you cant even buy stock ones for that cheap...lol c4 all the way
Old 10-26-2009, 01:41 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ScottFuries
true as far as the ground goes...
parking stoppies on **** or in my case unloading my bike. took a peg of the ramp and snapped it.

they are ugly but will never break...
I'd rather snap a peg or rearset then snap the tabs off my frame

but like sdfkillz said, cut your peg short and it'll never hit. Im still rocking stock pegs and bracket on my f4i, only ever broke 1 rearset, and that was before I cut my pegs down
Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

man up and bring that **** back already. You will be amazed what going a little higher will do for body position
Old 10-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OC DeBo
but on the other hand, wouldnt one piece rearsets be a lot more sturdy than the adjustable ones anyways for stunting?
+1

I think all the adjustable ones are built for racing, thin metal, just made to be light weight, to look good, and to get them around the track, and be adjustable

stunt sets are usually solid, no adjustablity, just built to be the last thing standing on earth after a nuclear war

My friend had a set of ho-hey's copied on a CNC, I'm buying his set for $50 since he sold his f4i, never used
Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
ive never broke the part that holds the peg.....its always where the rearsets mount to the frame that snap on me...

100 bucks shipped to your door doesnt seem bad to me with high quality steel, already powdercoated, and stock replica....hell you cant even buy stock ones for that cheap...lol c4 all the way
which is caused when your peg hits the ground and puts pressure on the rearset.... so if you cut the peg down there is nothing to hit and cause stress to the rearset
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for everyone's advice and pics and stuff. =)

mine is already cracked on the tab by the frame probably from what neil is talking about i'm sure.

oh well, adjustment will go out the door, i need to fix this before my brakeside rearset fails.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

wait, i don't understand the differences the the kinds of steel and aluminum.

billet alum is allegedly the best? what kind of steel is better?

thanks, sorry i'm stupid.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
wait, i don't understand the differences the the kinds of steel and aluminum.

billet alum is allegedly the best? what kind of steel is better?

thanks, sorry i'm stupid.
6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

I dont know what "kind" of steel Dave uses in the C-4 rear sets. from what I understand, they'll bend before they snap. and they'll bend back without fatiguing the metal too badly. at $100 you cant go wrong, and they dont look like a steaming pile.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

which is caused when your peg hits the ground and puts pressure on the rearset.... so if you cut the peg down there is nothing to hit and cause stress to the rearset
no....i came down from an endo both times and they broke. I was runnin a si cage, pegs never hit the ground. You just look at 636 rearsets they snap in half lol
Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

no....i came down from an endo both times and they broke. I was runnin a si cage, pegs never hit the ground. You just look at 636 rearsets they snap in half lol
yah and im sure it was damaged before that endo. no piece of metal is gonna snap out of the blue without being previously damaged. ive owned 2 636 and never broken a rearset.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person

check outmyspace.com/rk_armor they're not adjustable but they're t-6 billet alum. solid mounts are 150.00 a pair foldable ones which will accept your stock pegs are 175.00 S&H 10.00
Old 10-26-2009, 06:26 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe im magic but. if you cut your pegs down to where the "peg feeler" goes into and remove the feeler then round it off all nice with a grinder you will NEVER hit your peg in a crash and consequently never break a rearset.... atleast in my experience.
took the words right outta my mouth Neil!!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RKArmor
check outmyspace.com/rk_armor they're not adjustable but they're t-6 billet alum. solid mounts are 150.00 a pair foldable ones which will accept your stock pegs are 175.00 S&H 10.00
whats the deal man why are you not bigger you have a ton of parts for my 636 lol you wouldnt happen to have one of those subframe laying around do ya that you want to send out.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:37 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

yah and im sure it was damaged before that endo. no piece of metal is gonna snap out of the blue without being previously damaged. ive owned 2 636 and never broken a rearset.
its junk aluminum......my frame had no damage to it and it cracked? Regardless i went with c4s rearsets....
Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 PM

its junk aluminum......my frame had no damage to it and it cracked? Regardless i went with c4s rearsets....
i know what it is. im sure that its made to be strong enough to withstand the weight of an average male. so unless youre in the 500lb range that rearset was damaged in a previous incident before breaking from comming down from a stoppie. how do you know ur frame didnt have damage to it, you cant always see stress cracks in metal by just looking at it...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

i know what it is. im sure that its made to be strong enough to withstand the weight of an average male. so unless youre in the 500lb range that rearset was damaged in a previous incident before breaking from comming down from a stoppie. how do you know ur frame didnt have damage to it, you cant always see stress cracks in metal by just looking at it...
I weigh in at 480. Lol....c4. If all you hav to do is grind a little peice of metal off, then there would be no reason for anyone to make rearsets...im with you bout grindin that peice off i just dont think that wil make them never break
Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 PM

If all you hav to do is grind a little peice of metal off, then there would be no reason for anyone to make rearsets...im with you bout grindin that peice off i just dont think that wil make them never break
EXACTLY!! well its worked for me on every bike ive owned... including 1 that i sent flying over a car at 50 mph...
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Hey did you know that if the C4 rear sets some how do brake they will replace them for free.

You will have to ship them the one that broke if it does and you just pay the shipping and they send you the new one.

Cool right.

Quick Reply: Rearset Question from someone "636-stupid"