cheap powdercoating

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: cheap powdercoating

Originally Posted by aut117
how much is it usually to have wheels powder coated.....any idea

I can get a set done for about 125
Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 AM
iridear6 is a homo

aut117 is a decent person

i just checked craigslist and theres a local guy that has an add so i just sent him an email....if hes cheap i will try him out and if hes good i will let you no. check craigslist and see if theres anybody locally
Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 AM
iridear6 is a homo

Originally Posted by MoHawk
I can get a set done for about 125
that isnt bad if it was locall but if i have to ship my wheels,cage,sub cage etc. it gunna get kinda pricey just to ship
Old 10-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I can work a better deal if you ship everything.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:17 AM
iridear6 is a homo

if your going to do it.....how much for my wheels,whats left of my cage,sub cage,and rear sets
Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Post Whore Nazi

Wheels, cage, subcage, and rearsets for 325 if you pay shipping.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 AM
iridear6 is a homo

cool man i will let you no what the deal is with this local guy and i will hit you up on that
Old 10-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Post Whore Nazi

for sure. And Ohio isn't that far. ****, I'd be half tempted to roll out there if you paid gas....
Old 10-24-2009, 12:28 AM

bigkapp is a decent person

damn, that'll be almost 200 to ship
Old 10-24-2009, 01:34 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

theres a place that does powder coating in my town pretty cheap.. But what you get is a cheap job..

Sometimes it looks dope as ****, sometimes his work is kinda shoddy... But then again, he runs around $200 for basic colors for a full bike... More for harder to find colors. He did the orange f4i with a blue frame for $200 minus the the omr subcage and sick step plate that he got later
It's a sand blasting company that got into powder coating, if you want a cheap job and can't find anything for a better price, if you want you could ship to me and I could have it coated and send back lol

bikes I have pics of from his work
btw these are by no means 'glamour' shots .... Just pics I happen to have of my friends bikes that have been coated for cheap
Old 10-24-2009, 01:56 AM

bigkapp is a decent person

i might have to hit you up for that towilee...
Old 10-24-2009, 02:05 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I just went out and took some pics of a bike I'm putting together for someone that was coated locally, I'd have to ask how much he spent though I'm not sure

The bike has been physically sitting around in pieces for probably 6+ months, thats why there are soo many scratches/dust.. I wiped it down real fast with a rag to clean the dust off lol

without flash

with flash
Old 10-24-2009, 04:46 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

the cheapest way would be to do it yourself. i have seen people make their own booths out of a refrigerator box and use an old oven for cheap or free off craigslist in their garage to bake the parts. they even sell the necessary tools at harbor freight and the powder is dirt cheap. although i try to avoid shopping at harbor freight it can be done!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:54 PM

jdm23hondaracr is a decent person

Originally Posted by aut117
how much is it usually to have wheels powder coated.....any idea
depends on the color but for a good shop about 40- 75 per wheel