How to what clutch assembly you have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: How to what clutch assembly you have?

Originally Posted by ScreamU2Sleep
YES there is 1 fiber plate that has a larger diameter hole to accomadate the judder spring... This fiber and the judder spring are to be the first installed. FYI

Refer to OMR's response... other than barnett clutches and such, all the fiber plates are the same size as the one to go around the judder spring.

im confused now ..lol
Old 10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and none of the bikes i ever did a clutch on had a judder spring , isnt that just a honda dirt bike thing ?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:34 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

sorry let me simplify... OEM honda and kawi have judder springs and a fiber plate with a bigger hole.
I have done barnett clutches on an 03 636 and 01 F4i, Not sure about other after market brands, but barnett fibers are all the same so you cant **** it up...

Get it?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...4-2001/o/m2050 you may have to select clutch under the sub menu...
Look at #12 JUDDER SPRING
And 6,7 FRICTION PLATE
8 is FRICTION "B" PLATE (the one installed around the judder spring)

See, simple huh?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
also known as OMR

sorry let me simplify... OEM honda and kawi have judder springs and a fiber plate with a bigger hole.
I have done barnett clutches on an 03 636 and 01 F4i, Not sure about other after market brands, but barnett fibers are all the same so you cant **** it up...

Get it?
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...4-2001/o/m2050 you may have to select clutch under the sub menu...
Look at #12 JUDDER SPRING
And 6,7 FRICTION PLATE
8 is FRICTION "B" PLATE (the one installed around the judder spring)

See, simple huh?
no need to get snippy im just saying none of the bikes i have done clutches on have had the judder spring and i never bothered to look and see if the fibers were different and i never had any problems ..

ive done a **** load of dirt bike clutches and quite a few 636 clutches and i always use oem fibers ..
Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesus Christ is there anything OMR doesnt know? Put in stock springs tonight.......WE GOT BUTTER. I guess my fingers are even used to the aftermarket springs also cause its so easy it feels like Im cheating.

now I gott just wait for this gasket material to cure. Thanks ROG! and everyone else that said it was the springs.

PS I got em for 5 bucks. Yeah!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Talen
Jesus Christ is there anything OMR doesnt know? Put in stock springs tonight.......WE GOT BUTTER. I guess my fingers are even used to the aftermarket springs also cause its so easy it feels like Im cheating.

now I gott just wait for this gasket material to cure. Thanks ROG! and everyone else that said it was the springs.

PS I got em for 5 bucks. Yeah!
sweet
Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about

what's funny is no one said anything about the metals that have a front a back also. There is a sharp edge to one side and a smooth edge to the other. From all the fools at the classes I have to take working for a dealers the company reps say smooth edge out. Really I tried it both ways and didn't change anything. I am sure you could mix and match edges and it wouldn't matter lol but they beat it into you to do it one way in class.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:53 AM
also known as OMR

flat is flat
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EGO
what's funny is no one said anything about the metals that have a front a back also. There is a sharp edge to one side and a smooth edge to the other. From all the fools at the classes I have to take working for a dealers the company reps say smooth edge out. Really I tried it both ways and didn't change anything. I am sure you could mix and match edges and it wouldn't matter lol but they beat it into you to do it one way in class.
not true. steels can go either way.

its true that stock fibers have two plates that are different from the others. one that has a smaller inside diameter(the same outside diameter) and the other with a larger inside diameter(the same outside diameter) as the others. so you looking at inside diameter, not outside. at least this is true for honda.
another thing i should mention is that often after installing new fibers they can get whats called glazing if they are pushed too hard, too soon. this will make the clutch feel like it dumps all at once. you can usually get rid of glazing by slipping the clutch with the brake on (like a burnout. but with your weight on the seat). bog it down as much as possible without spinning the tire free.