How to what clutch assembly you have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: How to what clutch assembly you have?

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
could have the clutch stack wrong. if you have the smaller fiber on the inside of the basket instead of the outside it will make it harder to slip.
huh ? mine were all the same size
Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bikebandit.com for oem stuff. pretty fast shipping and cheaper than the dealer.

Those are OEM plates it looks like. The springs i have no idea about.

I had this same problem but my clutch would not disengage no matter what i did. Brand new clutch cable no kinks nothing worked. So i ripped the cover off replaced the springs and 100 bucks worth of other parts and at least i can pull the clutch in now haha
Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

how much are oem springs about? nevermind checkin bikeband.......
Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Stupid question, but are you running an EZ pull or have you done the ez pull mod on the clutch arm?

Stock fibers are cheap, but it sounds like you have aftermarket springs. Without a spring press, you might not be able to tell the difference by measuring length. When i doubt, just order up a set of springs/fibers and call it a day.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Stupid question, but are you running an EZ pull or have you done the ez pull mod on the clutch arm?

Stock fibers are cheap, but it sounds like you have aftermarket springs. Without a spring press, you might not be able to tell the difference by measuring length. When i doubt, just order up a set of springs/fibers and call it a day.

yeah going that route but broke so just going to do the springs for right now... I mentioned the arm mod earlier, heard it messes up the travel of the clutch lever?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Talen
yeah going that route but broke so just going to do the springs for right now... I mentioned the arm mod earlier, heard it messes up the travel of the clutch lever?
the clutch arm mod increases the throw a little , the longer you extend it the longer the throw ... with an easy pull lever 5/8 of an inch is the most i would go or you get to the point where you have to run the cable tight to get it to disengage
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

I just did about 5/8" on a 929 with a stock perch. Made the pull a lot more manageable.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Just hit me up, I have a spare set up if you wanna swap me springs
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

I also have a modded arm.. wherez yo dollarzzz
Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old man roger
huh ? mine were all the same size
There is a slightly thinner fiber and plate.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 AM
also known as OMR

hhmm i never noticed and i have done quite a few clutches
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MiNi GuineA
I also have a modded arm.. wherez yo dollarzzz
Did you finally do the extended arm mod too?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

yeah I can do that mod but I was holding off because some were saying the clutch travel messes things up? Wheres a good place to get the oem springs anyway?
longer clutch pull is better for stunting, it gives you more control, you are able to slip the clutch easier instead of just dumping it into gear.

It's kinda like having a longer pull throttle, f4i' has a long pull throttle, makes it easy to control the throttle, a r6 has a short pull throttle, makes it real touchy
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

depends on the bike

f4i's I'm pretty sure have all the same size plates, whereas a 600rr has one different sized plate I'm pretty sure
Old 10-20-2009, 03:09 PM
also known as OMR

guess i will pay closer attention next time im doing a clutch but to be honest i have never noticed before
Old 10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

I did It when I first got the bike. I hated it.. On the 636 I like it.. Its over kill imo. My extended ez pull lever is just as easy and none of the drag
Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

do it ghetto and leave one or two of the springs out
Old 10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
also known as OMR

I did It when I first got the bike. I hated it.. On the 636 I like it.. Its over kill imo. My extended ez pull lever is just as easy and none of the drag
what drag are you talking about ? i did it so i didnt have to get an easy pull because all the easy pulls available at the time were junk but now rightous has finally made a good one
Old 10-20-2009, 03:33 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeM
haha, I like that trick in your avy, gonna try it tonight
Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
guess i will pay closer attention next time im doing a clutch but to be honest i have never noticed before
YES there is 1 fiber plate that has a larger diameter hole to accomadate the judder spring... This fiber and the judder spring are to be the first installed. FYI

You only hated it cuz you suck... That extended E-Z pull is horrible also.

Originally Posted by Towlieee
depends on the bike

f4i's I'm pretty sure have all the same size plates, whereas a 600rr has one different sized plate I'm pretty sure
Refer to OMR's response... other than barnett clutches and such, all the fiber plates are the same size as the one to go around the judder spring.

Ted, dont listen to Mini he is just after your ******* and we all know it...

Originally Posted by MikeM
That is the worst idea EVER!

Quick Reply: How to what clutch assembly you have?