Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Steve O

tricky500 is a decent person
Buell to shut down

Wow...

http://www.buell.com/en_us/
Old 10-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Buell to shut down

+1 "WOW"
Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 AM

Saturnin is a decent person

crazy..economy sux.... hate it or like it..it wasnt a bad bike..
Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

i thought he was break down and gonna cry at any minute.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person

damn that sucks....maybe if they werent so damn ugly they would have sold more...
Old 10-15-2009, 12:17 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Damn thats no good at all another american company shutting down and even more jobs lost.

The guy that I get some race takeoffs rides buells because he said they gave the best factory support and incentives there to ride there bikes, so he switched from Ducati and loved it.

Also for the guys who just got picked up buy the shops to stunt buells I forget who all it is but they posted it up here not to long ago...
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

heard about this earlier today, and am just sick over it. Erik is one of the MC industry greats. He's a visionary, and a pioneer. If I owned a big factory, I'd be sending him a gift basket and an offer to head up an R&D department.

The economy has hammered a lot of corporations. I hope he doesn't give up, that there's not a binding non compete to deal with, and if there is, that it's not long in duration, because the industry as a whole needs people with minds and tenacity like his.

This a big loss, for him, and for a lot of other people who could benefit from his unique take on performance engineering.

It's my fond hope that out of this comes an even greater opportunity to make an impact.

people who are willing to chase their dreams shouldn't be let go too easily. he's got a measure of industrial courage that is the source of ever greater things.

my heart goes out to him. this is a discouraging indicator of the destabilization of the MC industrial base. hope this recession cracks soon.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:23 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Saw that on an HD forum earlier this morning. Effin sucks! This economy is killing the industry we love.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:27 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Originally Posted by saturnin
crazy..economy sux.... Hate it or like it..it wasnt a bad bike..
+111111
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

That is crazy. Erik pioneered all sorts of things for bikes, and brought quirky into mainstream. Radial brakes? AMAZING! It is sad to hear.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

If they made bikes that appealed to more people then they wont be going out of business, so *** it. you dont hear anyone crying that pontiac quit making the aztek. oh my god what am i going to do now that i cant get that 2010 buell ive always been dreaming about! *** outa here with that ****!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Hate the smell of TPD

Dan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the rough

that sucks ***
Old 10-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

I hate to see this. Erik seems like a genuinely passionate guy and has a lot of good ideas.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MoHawk
That is crazy. Erik pioneered all sorts of things for bikes, and brought quirky into mainstream. Radial brakes? AMAZING! It is sad to hear.
are you saying that buell introduced radial brakes, because it sounds like thats what ur saying.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve
Post Re: Buell to shut down

Originally Posted by Shake
If they made bikes that appealed to more people then they wont be going out of business, so *** it. you dont hear anyone crying that pontiac quit making the aztek. oh my god what am i going to do now that i cant get that 2010 buell ive always been dreaming about! *** outa here with that ****!
+1

right on
Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 PM
DEAD BABIES SYNDICATE

danherz is a decent person

That sucks, Buell has been one of the few earlier on companys to support many stunt riders....who cares what the bikes look like
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Ryan Colbert is a decent person

What?!?!?!

This sucks I love these bikes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by danherz
that sucks, buell has been one of the few earlier on companys to support many stunt riders....who cares what the bikes look like
+1
Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Shake
are you saying that buell introduced radial brakes, because it sounds like thats what ur saying.

No what I was saying was he brought quirky into mainstream. Radial brakes were not seen everyday before Buells. And clear plastics, and frames as gas tanks, swingarms as oil tanks. Most of that had been done before, but not together on a mass produced bike
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by danherz
....who cares what the bikes look like
the people who buell expected to spend their hard earned money to buy the bikes care. They apparently cared so much that it put them out of business. Obviously buell's line of thought must have been very similar to yours hence the reason for whats happening now.

Last edited by Shake; 10-15-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Buell to shut down