Buell to shut down

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Kartel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Buell to shut down

They shouldn't have been using HD engines first of all, how can you think of creating any sports bike around that ugly, unreliable lump of metal?!
Erick should've bought some jap technology in regards to the motor - you cannot be a winner with a pig's heart...
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

What are you talking about? Buell motors had GOBS of torque and absolutely rocked. Very reliable, didn't burn or leak oil. No issues. And Jap technology would have defeated the WHOLE purpose of what Erik set out to, and accomplished
Old 10-16-2009, 07:06 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kartel
They shouldn't have been using HD engines first of all, how can you think of creating any sports bike around that ugly, unreliable lump of metal?!
Erick should've bought some jap technology in regards to the motor - you cannot be a winner with a pig's heart...
ITs friday ive been drinking you shut your mouth you british bastard.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

. AMERICA.................... **** YEAH

Old 10-16-2009, 07:43 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by MoHawk
. AMERICA.................... **** YEAH

they made something different and they were an american company, which gave americans jobs hate them or love them it shows a sign of the times. just like Dodge... alotta people are ford, chevy nissan whatever,but fans but still american industry goin down sucks.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
they made something different and they were an american company, which gave americans jobs hate them or love them it shows a sign of the times. just like Dodge... alotta people are ford, chevy nissan whatever,but fans but still american industry goin down sucks.
+1

Kartel, Erik went where he had support. He needed the start up help to get his ideas in production, and had to work with what he had.

One thing I'd love to see is Erik supported in engineering/development, and have a great team working with him, providing esthetic design support, marketing support etc, with a big ole budget.

It really is hard to do everything, or to take on a dozen jobs that aren't your specialty to sustain the one that is. Unfortunately, not many companies are feeling frisky enough to float a big R&D project.

In a perfect world, he'd shine like the sun in a position where he could just make stuff, have ideas, and try them out without having to market prototypes to sustain the budget.

Last edited by excessa; 10-16-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Post Whore Nazi

3k off MSRP
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM

Bklyn is a decent person

goes to show that the motorcycle industry is going down hill.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

What are you talking about? Buell motors had GOBS of torque and absolutely rocked. Very reliable, didn't burn or leak oil. No issues. And Jap technology would have defeated the WHOLE purpose of what Erik set out to, and accomplished
i thought he set out to build a race bike. if he was building a race bike it would have made more sense to use a high revving italian or japanese vtwin instead of a low revving cruiser motor. thats just common racing sense... with that being said the buell is a bike for the type of person who appreciates it for what it is. they are awesome bikes, they are just in a league of their own. seeing someone who is a true buell fan is cool because they have all these small add ons and tweaks from companies we've never heard of and they are proud as hell of it. they are off the mainstream and grew larger than they might should have... compare it to some of the stunt companies that have come and gone or are still in business now. imagine if sick innovations got picked up by walmart and was put in mass production... hardly anyone outside of the sport wants it, so in time its ultimately doomed to fail by trying to appeal it to a larger base of consumers
Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I think it's cool that Harley gave him a shot to live his dream
Old 10-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

There alot of dick riders here on stuntlife! dudes been in the game for 26 years. It doesnt matter how or who gave him a start. If I had those resourses at my disposal, I would have made it a priority for my company to focus on producing a world class 600cc and 1000cc bike.
The other novelty bikes which buell produced could have still been produced. but they should have focused on producing a competent american made sportbike a long time ago. If the styling and performance of those two sport bikes were up to par with the japanese models, it would have kept the company alive.

when people think of buell, brands like ducati and mv agusta come to mind rather than kawasaki and suzuki. Erik could have also easily capitalised on this brand perception and produced an exotic style motorcycle such as the 1098.

yes eric had a vision, but it was tunnel vision and his focus was too narrow. he failed to see the big picture. So with that said, *** all the people who come on here and can't accept reality and try to talk **** and down people for pointing out the truth.

stuntlifes getting so gay if u ask me. oh lets all feel sorry for eric... while where at it lets feel sorry for all the homeless people and all the people with real problems. I really dont give a *** about someones company that went under due to their own mismanagement. he had a shot at his dream and he blew it!

Last edited by Shake; 10-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by Shake

stuntlifes getting so gay if u ask me. I really dont give a *** about someones company that went under due to their own mismanagement.

Then stop posting **** on here.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:29 AM

Then stop posting **** on here.
*** u u newbie ******! ur exactly the type of person im talking about u cocksuker. attact what i said if you have a counter argument. u fukin rednecks the only thing you know how to say is America! and i bet ur bitch *** never even served! fukface!

USAF ha pussied out!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:30 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Buell helped move this sport forward from either sponsoring riders for free bikes, giving places for shows and investing their money into STUNT RIDING. I would see buell tents at alot of comps and it sucks they went out of business becuase there is one more loss of help in "our" industry
Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 AM

bigd176 is a decent person

3k off MSRP

Do some shopping around. Our local dealer has 1125R and 1125CR that was $11,995 on sale for

$6200

They have them in ocala, fl for $5995
Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Post Whore Nazi

Never even served?!

<<<<< where does it say I am from?

Thanks. I don't have a counter arguement. You were right on with what you said. But then you had to add that stuntlife had gone down the *******. So why are you still here?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Never even served?!

<<<<< where does it say I am from?

Thanks. I don't have a counter arguement. You were right on with what you said. But then you had to add that stuntlife had gone down the *******. So why are you still here?
I have to say its gone down the ******* because people cant share a point of view or discuss anything on here anymore without people throwing tantrums and hissy fits.

why am i still here?.. well thats becoming a good question as time goes bye. Mayb this site needs less people like me who would look at a situation for what it is and make a candid assesment of it. It needs more "yes men" to come on and say ahhh i feel so bad for eric he's such a nice guy. then i'll be cool and be on the same page with everyone else who doesnt have the backbone to call it like it is.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:58 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

I have to say its gone down the ******* because people cant share a point of view or discuss anything on here anymore without people throwing tantrums and hissy fits..
its a forum....suppose to debate ****
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
its a forum....suppose to debate ****

Ne we aren't.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:08 AM

There alot of dick riders here on stuntlife! dudes been in the game for 26 years. It doesnt matter how or who gave him a start. If I had those resourses at my disposal, I would have made it a priority for my company to focus on producing a world class 600cc and 1000cc bike.
The other novelty bikes which buell produced could have still been produced. but they should have focused on producing a competent american made sportbike a long time ago. If the styling and performance of those two sport bikes were up to par with the japanese models, it would have kept the company alive.

when people think of buell, brands like ducati and mv agusta come to mind rather than kawasaki and suzuki. Erik could have also easily capitalised on this brand perception and produced an exotic style motorcycle such as the 1098.

yes eric had a vision, but it was tunnel vision and his focus was too narrow. he failed to see the big picture. So with that said, *** all the people who come on here and can't accept reality and try to talk **** and down people for pointing out the truth.

stuntlifes getting so gay if u ask me. oh lets all feel sorry for eric... while where at it lets feel sorry for all the homeless people and all the people with real problems. I really dont give a *** about someones company that went under due to their own mismanagement. he had a shot at his dream and he blew it!
I agree with a lot of points, but disagree on a few.

I totally agree on asthetics. MV would be a great combination with Erik Buell, IMO

do not agree that we need to be too gangster to care. that's a social limitation that I have little respect for.

uhm, disagree that one person's pain can be trivialized by another person's pain. I'm aware of what goes on in the world, and keep my perspective. thanks

he wasn't born with the opportunity to make his own bikes, he went after it, so you do in fact have the same chance to get support and make bikes. If you know how to build a brand and bikes on the same scale only better, you should do it.

Quick Reply: Buell to shut down