Leaning?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:05 PM

Kasper52 is a decent person
Leaning?

I just got my 05 gixxer this year but have been riding motocross my whole life. I can wheelie for days if i only knew how to lean with my bike...if i clutch it up ill sit down but if i power wheelie sometimes ill stand and then sit or sometimes i just stay standing. But i have to stop after a lil because my bike starts to lean to much and i cant center it. How do i center my bike so i dont lean to the right or left???
Old 10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: Leaning?

training wheels
Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

*sigh...
Old 10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Xtreme Fury Stunter

Cream Cheese will become famous soon enoughCream Cheese will become famous soon enough

wheelie machine practice! lol
Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Get rid of the gixxer they always lean too much. As soon as I got my zx14 the leaning stopped. Power wheelies what?!?!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by villa76
Get rid of the gixxer they always lean too much. As soon as I got my zx14 the leaning stopped. Power wheelies what?!?!
thats a great point...lol more power will force it to go straighter...
Old 10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

also make sure not to let the tire get over two feet off the ground. then the center of gravity is lower. lol
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

<--- Sigh'ing with neil
Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Jus Sayin

~TK~ is a decent person

All you gotta do is adjust the rear wheel so one side's all the way in and the others all the way out and you can get some mad lean in.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:41 PM

some great feedback on this site
Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Steve O

tricky500 is a decent person

admit you don't know **** and start reading and maybe someone will help you in a month or so grasshoppa
Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kasper52
some great feedback on this site
ok you got me. here ill break **** down for you seein as you might not have a brain of your own to think with. first place you went wrong is comming on a stunt site saying that you power wheelie. not one single accomplished stuntrider power wheelies, if you are doing power wheelies you are a squid bottom line. good thing about being a squid is its more of a choice than a permanent affliction so there is hope for you. 2nd place you went wrong was asking prob one of the dumbest questions ive seen on here... "how do i lean" idk albert, how does one lean....? heres an exercise you can do all by yourself at home although for a guy like you id recommend wearing a helmet. stand in place with some shoes on a hard surface, lift up one leg, as you start tip one way lean the opposite way, a magic thing happens, you balance. balance is when the force on one side of an object is even with the other side thus remaining in one position. so if youre on a motorcycle doing a wheelie and its leaning to one side, move your body to the other side and lean opposite now with that being said ill provide you with some knowledge that your average blue bus passenger might not be privy to. its nearly impossible to steer a motorcycle on one wheel when you are not at balance point. actually when i bend my wheelies around corners on the street i ride it behind bp on the brake to get it to turn sharp corners. so the idea is the further back the wheelie the easier you can negotiate turns with the bike on the rear wheel.

so there is your little pillow fluff now go out there and be a number one stunter
Old 10-13-2009, 12:59 AM
help me get out of here

jayd is a decent person

leanin and rockin!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
ok you got me. here ill break **** down for you seein as you might not have a brain of your own to think with. first place you went wrong is comming on a stunt site saying that you power wheelie. not one single accomplished stuntrider power wheelies, if you are doing power wheelies you are a squid bottom line. good thing about being a squid is its more of a choice than a permanent affliction so there is hope for you. 2nd place you went wrong was asking prob one of the dumbest questions ive seen on here... "how do i lean" idk albert, how does one lean....? heres an exercise you can do all by yourself at home although for a guy like you id recommend wearing a helmet. stand in place with some shoes on a hard surface, lift up one leg, as you start tip one way lean the opposite way, a magic thing happens, you balance. balance is when the force on one side of an object is even with the other side thus remaining in one position. so if youre on a motorcycle doing a wheelie and its leaning to one side, move your body to the other side and lean opposite now with that being said ill provide you with some knowledge that your average blue bus passenger might not be privy to. its nearly impossible to steer a motorcycle on one wheel when you are not at balance point. actually when i bend my wheelies around corners on the street i ride it behind bp on the brake to get it to turn sharp corners. so the idea is the further back the wheelie the easier you can negotiate turns with the bike on the rear wheel.

so there is your little pillow fluff now go out there and be a number one stunter
I guess i did come off a little dumb. Whenever i do lean to the other side opposite of the way the bike is leaning it never seems to lean the other way. i shift all my weight to the other side but nothing happens....
Old 10-13-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kasper52
I guess i did come off a little dumb. Whenever i do lean to the other side opposite of the way the bike is leaning it never seems to lean the other way. i shift all my weight to the other side but nothing happens....
like i said its almost impossible to steer a wheelie unless you are at or behind the balance point. meaning if you dont know brake control and are still doing power wheelies you are going to have a very very difficult time getting that bike to go where you want it to go especially sitting.

also could be that when youre concentrating on leaning left youre pushing very hard on your right peg to do so which conflicts what youre doing know what i mean...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Steve O

his post says BEYOND BALANCE POINT IT'S EASIER TO TURN IN.... you are NOT at balance point, HENCE, if you lean it does little to nothing to affect the outcome of your power wheelie. read grasshoppa! you are far from numba one stunta!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by tricky500
his post says BEYOND BALANCE POINT IT'S EASIER TO TURN IN.... you are NOT at balance point, HENCE, if you lean it does little to nothing to affect the outcome of your power wheelie. read grasshoppa! you are far from numba one stunta!
chill out..i dont care about being number one lightin the **** up
Old 10-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Steve O

i think you are the one that needs to lighten up grasshoppa.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by tricky500
i think you are the one that needs to lighten up grasshoppa.
ok..grasshoppa is gettin old.....
Old 10-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

this thread sucks

Quick Reply: Leaning?