what do you think of this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Condoms? I'm pro-choice!!

Buddy luv is a decent person
what do you think of this???

its a gauge thats supposed to read gas, rev, speed etc etc. i dont care what all it does if it reads gas. hai has one on there site and a few other sites, dont know if anyone has ran one or what. i am just tired of running outta gas but its mostly used for atvs and dirtbikes is what ive read but it says its street legal so no more tickets for that when they wanna hassle ur *** but its called koso db-01r and there r a few diff models but i just want something for my fuel level or even just a low fuel light
Old 10-11-2009, 12:12 PM
505COS

505COS is a decent person
Re: what do you think of this???

Looks pretty cool. Bet it is a pretty penny, would be cool to have and it is small that is what i like about it.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 PM

only around 100 bucks depending on where i looked, and they said it can mount on ur bars or even into fairings
Old 10-11-2009, 12:27 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

koso makes some killer gauges... there stuff rocks!

the rx-2 is nice too...

4 ALL CYCLE PERFORMANCE "Be a Star"
P- (484) 494-3136
Old 10-11-2009, 01:15 PM
want that YUT-UGHHHH

GardnerJosh is a decent person

yeah found a few of these, this one is alot nicer that the one i was looking at. think there is one at chaparral-racing.com. i am for sure buying one!! but tell meur input.i think they are

$120
Size: 4 1/8”L x 2 3/8”W x1 3/4”H

wandering ifthey will work for bike. says for an atv??
just want something to fit under my h.l. an look ok

Last edited by GardnerJosh; 10-11-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 10-11-2009, 01:21 PM

underoath207 is a decent person

yea its pretty sick...i was about to get one but youve gotta run the speedo pickup on the front wheel....which kinda makes it a plus cause gearing changes wont change your speed...but then you have stock wiring ran to the countershaft and i dont like that but it is a sick gauge
Old 10-11-2009, 01:45 PM
iridear6 is a homo

aut117 is a decent person

gauges suck
Old 10-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

You could just find a wire diagram, and tap into your factory fuel sensor, and just run a LED light somewhere if that's all you wanted....

Personally I like to know when my bike is overheating, how much fuel I have, oil pressure, as well as if I'm throwing codes.

Get's annoying trying to fix other riders bikes that are acting up, when they don't have ******* gauges! Sure makes life easy if you can physically SEE its throwing a error code, or overheating....
Old 10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
iridear6 is a homo

aut117 is a decent person

i still have my gauges to plug in to see when ***** wrong but with streetfighter its hard to run guages and they look queer just ziptied on and ****, but yea the oil and **** is nice to no so not going to argue there
Old 10-11-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by underoath207
yea its pretty sick...i was about to get one but youve gotta run the speedo pickup on the front wheel....which kinda makes it a plus cause gearing changes wont change your speed...but then you have stock wiring ran to the countershaft and i dont like that but it is a sick gauge
its just like a magnet type thing that calculates how manytimes the wheel goes around and round etc

Originally Posted by Towlieee
You could just find a wire diagram, and tap into your factory fuel sensor, and just run a LED light somewhere if that's all you wanted....

Personally I like to know when my bike is overheating, how much fuel I have, oil pressure, as well as if I'm throwing codes.

Get's annoying trying to fix other riders bikes that are acting up, when they don't have ******* gauges! Sure makes life easy if you can physically SEE its throwing a error code, or overheating....
i second that, but im like aut117 i dont like gauges and they do look goofy as **** when people zip tie but this is small and i can fab it into my plasti or put it on my triple tree plus it shows all those specs and what not, and will taping into the sensor like that really work? is there a thread or anything on it? hell needs to be a sticky
Old 10-11-2009, 02:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

how does it read gas level ?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
how does it read gas level ?
hai emailed me back, which is crazy on a sunday but they said it aint no plug and play type of deal u have to tape into ur main wire harness, im guessing ur just cutting and slpicing the original wires off the harness into this new gauge, but i dont get how it would check ur gass either, all i know is my f4i tank dent i could see the gas and nvr worried about it as lond as i checked it, but my 636 tank u cant even see the freaking gas so i need something......how do i tap into my senser?? cars r diff cuz they have that lil bobber thing inside it..
Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Buddy luv
hai emailed me back, which is crazy on a sunday but they said it aint no plug and play type of deal u have to tape into ur main wire harness, im guessing ur just cutting and slpicing the original wires off the harness into this new gauge, but i dont get how it would check ur gass either, all i know is my f4i tank dent i could see the gas and nvr worried about it as lond as i checked it, but my 636 tank u cant even see the freaking gas so i need something......how do i tap into my senser?? cars r diff cuz they have that lil bobber thing inside it..
your pump has that too ...
Old 10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
rippin the streets apart

motosaki11 is a decent person

yep ur pump has the "bobber thing" and just use a power probe to test out all the factory harness wires, sounds harder than it is but i do wiring every day... I think for the fuel thing it probibly going to work with voltage thru a wire but i do car wiring so dont take my word on it.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

your pump has that too ...
+1

I'm not sure how to do it on each bike, each bike would be a different method to rig your own low gas light on...

I did it to my old Fzr600 though with a Yfz600 gas tank on it.. Wired up a resistor, and led to the factory tank wires, and would kick a led on when it was low on gas...
However the guide was ONLY for a yzf tank, would probably need a different resistor/setup for a different bike.. But I'm sure you could find the info looking at a forum that's based on your bike
Old 10-11-2009, 05:20 PM

~ZJ~ is a decent person

my f4i doesnt have a "bobber thing" which is actually called a fuel sending unit by the way. i guess the fuel pump just has a sensor that knows when the fuel is below it and trips the light. but you have a to have a different fuel sending unit like cars have that can actually tell where the float is. i think busas have 'em. maybe there is someway to use one off a busa? idk
Old 10-11-2009, 05:30 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ~ZJ~
my f4i doesnt have a "bobber thing" which is actually called a fuel sending unit by the way. i guess the fuel pump just has a sensor that knows when the fuel is below it and trips the light. but you have a to have a different fuel sending unit like cars have that can actually tell where the float is. i think busas have 'em. maybe there is someway to use one off a busa? idk
could have sworn my old f4i had a digital fuel gauge , i may be thinking of a different bike
Old 10-11-2009, 05:33 PM

if i rem right my f4i had one two.....idk my gas part was broke but the odometer worked and i new exactly how many mile i could drive before it was completely out but the low fuel light would come on still and u still got at least 30 miles or so when that light would come on
Old 10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

could have sworn my old f4i had a digital fuel gauge , i may be thinking of a different bike
The F4i has a digital display but for reserve only. When your reserve comes on the light comes on and it shows how ever many bars til empty.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
The F4i has a digital display but for reserve only. When your reserve comes on the light comes on and it shows how ever many bars til empty.
if it has bars then it probably has a proportional sending unit