what do you think of this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Condoms? I'm pro-choice!!

Buddy luv is a decent person
Re: what do you think of this???

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
The F4i has a digital display but for reserve only. When your reserve comes on the light comes on and it shows how ever many bars til empty.
Originally Posted by old man roger
if it has bars then it probably has a proportional sending unit
yall are not speaking my language yall r the rep ******but im just curious to how to tap into that sensor and run a light, or unless someone has ran these a/m gauges and can tell me what they thought and how hard it was to wire up
Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Buddy luv
yall are not speaking my language yall r the rep ******but im just curious to how to tap into that sensor and run a light, or unless someone has ran these a/m gauges and can tell me what they thought and how hard it was to wire up
A couple of my friends have these and they all like em

Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

iono about that but the bars are for the reserve only.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:09 PM

does that thing read gas? what all does it read and how much of a head ache was it to wire up? did any of em run it on the 36? if so **** post some pics of the wires if u can
Old 10-11-2009, 06:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you will need a test light and have to figure out what wire goes to the low fuel light and then wire in a light
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM

~ZJ~ is a decent person

with a wiring diagram you can figure out which wire is for the gas light but unless it already has a fuel gauge its gunna be a whole lot of work to put a gauge on it. wiring a LED up shouldnt be too hard tho.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
NealFoReal

does that thing read gas? what all does it read and how much of a head ache was it to wire up? did any of em run it on the 36? if so **** post some pics of the wires if u can
Im pretty sure it does read gas the same way your normal gauges would read gas. So if your OEM gauge reads gas, it will. If it doesnt, it wont. I'll ask them for you though
Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ~ZJ~
with a wiring diagram you can figure out which wire is for the gas light but unless it already has a fuel gauge its gunna be a whole lot of work to put a gauge on it. wiring a LED up shouldnt be too hard tho.
ok heres what i think, i could be wrong cuz my best thinking gets me into trouble, but as far as the low fuel light i dont think there is a specific wire for that i think its built into the gauges so as far as taping into some line and wiring a light up to it just to get the same effect w/o having the whole gauges wouldnt work, cuz either that line is gonna read either full or empty there reall is no inbetween that signal is something in the actual gauges itself...

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Im pretty sure it does read gas the same way your normal gauges would read gas. So if your OEM gauge reads gas, it will. If it doesnt, it wont. I'll ask them for you though
ive nvr had gauges on my 636 so hell i dont know what they even look like turned on but im curious to how well this, or same type of gauges work cuz i dont wanna spend 100+ doll hairs on a product i wont be able to use for anything except this. im surprised more people aint interested
Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

nah I think its something to do with how long the bike runs, and how many miles you drive or something

cause my gauges loose connection to power when the bike is off (another damn short lol) and when my reserve light comes on, it can get down to 2 bars say driving 10 miles.. then I shut my bike off, restart it, no reserve light, drive 2 miles, light comes back on full 4 bars, drive 10 miles it drops to 2 bars again

Once my reserve comes on once I gotta remember to fill it, otherwise I could do the reserve cycle over and over tell it says I'm still full on reserve, yet I'm actually out
Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 PM
NealFoReal

ok heres what i think, i could be wrong cuz my best thinking gets me into trouble, but as far as the low fuel light i dont think there is a specific wire for that i think its built into the gauges so as far as taping into some line and wiring a light up to it just to get the same effect w/o having the whole gauges wouldnt work, cuz either that line is gonna read either full or empty there reall is no inbetween that signal is something in the actual gauges itself...

ive nvr had gauges on my 636 so hell i dont know what they even look like turned on but im curious to how well this, or same type of gauges work cuz i dont wanna spend 100+ doll hairs on a product i wont be able to use for anything except this. im surprised more people aint interested
first part is wrong - at least on an f4i. theres a thread on here where the guy hooked up a gas light led tapping into the one wire for the fuel sensor. besides that i posted up in our ny thread asking if those gauges read gas. the people i was asking havent hit me back but moto-madness posted up saying that gauge doesnt read gas
Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 PM

**** this helps me none, where is that thread about running the light? hell thats cheaper anyway, im gonna use a christmas light jk but still who has this done, who has seen it or even know where the thread is at, throw up some pics or links or something, i cant be the only one worried about running outta gas doing highway high chairs
Old 10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
NealFoReal

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...uge-light.html
Old 10-12-2009, 02:21 PM

thats y they pay u the big bucks neal now im gonna go home and try it tonight
Old 10-12-2009, 02:46 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, the f4i just has a dummy light for low fuel. any bike with a dummy light, and not an actual gauge and you should be able to just tap a wire and pickup the signal for low fuel. my lights haven't worked, that i've noticed, since i hooked them up(one for fuel and one for oil). i haven't looked at them yet, but i will figure it out and post up in the original thread with the results.
ps. sorry for not gettin back to you onewheel, i've just been too lazy to get it done.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I have a mountain bike speedo, cheap and easy to install. reads mph and keeps track of miles, so once I have like 50 miles on the gauge I know its about time to gas up. heres a pic

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8 004.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	232337  
Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by lee majors
ps. sorry for not gettin back to you onewheel, i've just been too lazy to get it done.
I was gonna hit you up again but figured you'd get around to it one day. I tapped into the wire that was labeled "fuel res sens" from the manual and it didnt work for me. From what I remember I think it was a brown/black wire or black/brown wire I'll post up when I get home but again, it didnt work for me for whatever reason
Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 PM

neal r u doing this on a 36? and just adding a light right? i looked at the wire diagram for the 636 u posted on the other thread and man is it not tiny, and hard to trace those lines, i need some color ones lol but hey its way better thne nothing, im gonna try to mess with it in about an hr or two when i get home but def post ur results, color of wires etc