Bleed better

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Bleed better

so my caliper is an opposed piston caliper (2 pistons)...i have a stock non radial master on it......i can lock it up with my pinky....power isnt the issue but it has NO progression....
ive gotten used to it....and has good control... but there is no lever travel......can it be bleed better to let it locck up with more travel and have a little more progression???
not the greatest explaination but i hope you know what i mean
Old 10-10-2009, 12:00 AM

Cincykillz is a decent person
Re: Bleed better

if it locks up that easy it should be bleed good but my opinion about feel is it depends on your master ive only ever ran brembo 16x18 and love it maguras are to touch for me
Old 10-10-2009, 01:56 AM

cjones_636 is a decent person

good question!

Im pretty sure what you are calling 'progression' has been called 'feel' or lever travel in the past.

basically the size of your master ie magura 13, or 19mm or brembo 16mm is the diameter of the piston pushing the brake fluid. So a smaller master will have to be pushed further to move the same amount of brake fluid.

So, the master you have is probably a larger master? not sure if i read the size in your post... the smaller diameter the more lever travel, (or feel/progression) your master will have.

Bleeding it will have no effect. To get more progression you will have to go to a smaller diameter master, ie magura 13...
Old 10-10-2009, 04:33 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

my old set-up I actually allowed a little air to get in the system, gave it more feel and the pressure and power was still consistant
Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 AM

tett is an unknown quantity at this point

now thats scary right there! i wouldnt want any air if i could help it....1 mistake on the street could leave you under a car.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjones_636
good question!

Im pretty sure what you are calling 'progression' has been called 'feel' or lever travel in the past.

basically the size of your master ie magura 13, or 19mm or brembo 16mm is the diameter of the piston pushing the brake fluid. So a smaller master will have to be pushed further to move the same amount of brake fluid.

So, the master you have is probably a larger master? not sure if i read the size in your post... the smaller diameter the more lever travel, (or feel/progression) your master will have.

Bleeding it will have no effect. To get more progression you will have to go to a smaller diameter master, ie magura 13...
+1

Ive got a 1000rr master and it has more feel than a no radial, brembo feels about the same with a tad more power and magura 13mm is a beast for single caliper setups, it has a lot of feel and locks up real easy.