F4i ride hight

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:23 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute
F4i ride hight

I have an 02, I'm needing a s/c for it, but it doesn't look like ther is much room between the tire and the sub frame, so I cmpared it to my buddies 01 and sure enough there is a huge difference in the hight of the sub fram from the tire. The only thing I can see that is not the same is at the lower mount for the rear shock. The two plates that mount on either side of the shock are a different angle. Mine is more straight and at less of an angle, hence the lower seat hight. It doesn't look like iether are after market, they look stock on both bikes. I'm just wondering if anyone els has run into this Problem? I'm sure I could just replace it and bring it up or make some new plates for it to correct this, but I would like to hear some feedback first before I rip into this thing.....thanks... Beardo
Old 10-09-2009, 04:41 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: F4i ride hight

No one out there has seen this before??? Cmon ppl help a brotha out
Old 10-09-2009, 07:54 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

Beardo bump
Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Does one maybe have a undertail kit?

And is one tire maybe bigger then the other?? a 190 vs a 180 can make a good difference in sidewall height, and the tire profile can make a even bigger difference
Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

No I don't think so...the plates for the lower shock mount are definatly different. And there is at least a couple inches difference in the hight of the sub frame...I'm thinkin I just need to change those plates out guess I better start looking for some...it's just weird they both look stock
Old 10-09-2009, 08:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

ooh if the plates are different they probably installed a lowering kit on one bike

that or someone just randomly grabbed plates from another bike

I'd imagine though it just has lowering links on it
Old 10-09-2009, 08:19 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i bet anything you have a lowering dog bone on that thing.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:23 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Talen
yeah i bet anything you have a lowering dog bone on that thing.
What he said...... Look at a local salvage lot or try here. www.maxsalvage.com They usually have all the stuff I need and they're local and stunter friendly
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

Wonder if anyone wants to trade for stock ones.... Let me know...lol I've been wanting to try jump throughs but it just seems like I'm way to close when I step on the seat...I bet this has something to do w/it...
Old 10-10-2009, 02:09 AM

sandbox is a decent person

or it might be that ur ***** is the size of that tractor tire you slammed the other day.IDK?? 6dirty runs. watch out beardo here i come. NOT ill just squid around as usual
Old 10-10-2009, 02:10 AM

sandbox is a decent person

yeah that seat sits a lot lower then the other one son
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

Ya my ***** is pretty large...lol did you see me hit that tire???hahaha got away from me a bit lol.glad to hear your bike is goin, I know it won't be long and I'll be taking notes again... **** I never get to ride anymore.... Keep an eye out for some of those links for my shock mount for me home slice ...I'll be at the lot next weekend... My tire is shot out tho...got one layin around you could kick to beardo the bum??? Lol c u then!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:20 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

post some pics, I have stock ones I'll sell for cheap.... that is, if you accept tainted parts from a non-believer, hahaha, I kid, I kid
Old 10-10-2009, 04:52 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have seen stock f4i's that sit really low with stock links , some f4i's have a different shock mount at the top of the shock where it bolts to the frame ...

dont know why ...

if you can compare the length of your links to your buddies you will be able to see if one set is longer than the other ..

another thing to check is where your spring preload setting is , if it's on 1 set it to 7 and while your down there tighten the compression and rebound settings , trust me you will love it ...
Old 10-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

didnt mikeM start a thread about doin somethin with the f4i rear shock? It was either lower it or raise it 1 inch i dont remember.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:33 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
didnt mikeM start a thread about doin somethin with the f4i rear shock? It was either lower it or raise it 1 inch i dont remember.
ya he adds a 3/8 spacer between the top shock mount and the frame which raises the subframe about an inch at the tire but like i said there are two different style top shock mounts , one you just add the spacer but the other you need to do some modifying to the mount to do it his way
Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

Word I'll check at the top nut I know for a fact that the lower plates have a diferent angle... That has to contribute to the problem.... Tanus pm me with your price shiped to 96002. Thanks beardo