droped my 636

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 PM

hawaiiboi is a decent person
droped my 636

so i dropped my bike and hit the clutch cover which broke. replace the clutch cover and now it wont start. It clicks like the battery is dead so i tried to jump start it and it still clicks any suggestion what is wrong with it?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 PM
want that YUT-UGHHHH

GardnerJosh is a decent person
Re: droped my 636

get battery tested, buy new battery
Old 10-09-2009, 12:01 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GardnerJosh
get battery tested, buy new battery
yep, because a battery dies when you wreck...

dumbshit...

so it wont even jump start?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Pull out a voltage meter and check the battery, should be around 12v with the key off, and at least 11.5+ with the key on
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

its the battery.....mine did that and I couldnt even hook up my battery charger to it...jumped up to 45 amps for a quick start and kept clickin......put a new one in and its golden.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:02 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

with him dropping it and then all the sudden it not starting i doubt its the battery. mine used to do the same thing when i would set down a wheelie hard or drop it. it was a fuse.. check all the fuses including the one in the little white case behind all the relays. thats the one that always popped on me
Old 10-09-2009, 01:08 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Batteries CAN go out from hard blows, and then a charger or jump can sometimes not be enough due to resistance to make the bike run

my friends 636 just did it a week ago.. His battery was already fucked and barely starting the bike, he wrecked it hard, wouldn't start.. Trickled charge it all night, it would just click the relays...... New battery, good as new

I never heard of it before, but it just happened to my friends, and !!A2K!! posting about it, it might be possible

voltage meter will tell you for sure though
Old 10-09-2009, 01:10 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

battery
Old 10-09-2009, 05:10 AM

Stunt101 .:SB:. is an unknown quantity at this point

when my battery died i couldn't jump start it, bike was dead, hooked it to a car battery and it started, but as soon as I unplug car battery from my bike battery bike stalled, changed the battery, works fine!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:11 AM

Klos is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
with him dropping it and then all the sudden it not starting i doubt its the battery. mine used to do the same thing when i would set down a wheelie hard or drop it. it was a fuse.. check all the fuses including the one in the little white case behind all the relays. thats the one that always popped on me
The same thing happened to Cole (lil krazy on here) and when he drop the bike it broke something in the battery, it wouldnt jump start or pop start put a new battery in and it was fine.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 AM

Tee-rex is a decent person

Bit of a long shot can you still turn the engine over by putting it in gear and turning the back wheel to make sure the transmission/crankshaft is not bent/locked up after the hit.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 AM

hawaiiboi is a decent person

i just replaced the battery and still wont crank, it still clicks and the light dims a lot.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by hawaiiboi
i just replaced the battery and still wont crank, it still clicks and the light dims a lot.
starter?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 AM

02gsxxr is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Pull out a voltage meter and check the battery, should be around 12v with the key off, and at least 11.5+ with the key on
please dont listen to him no offence but if you battery is at 11.5 when running you have a problem with the stator not charging if your bike is running it needs to around 13.5+ thats shows that your stator is charging... 11.5 would mean your running on straight battery voltage. FAIL um i would check fuses and possible any pinched wiring that could be ground from the crash. Did you check wiring to the neutral safety switch? you could also try and jump the Starter solenoid just to see if the thing will turn over that way.. does your fuel pump prime? all that good stuff
Old 10-11-2009, 12:42 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Tee-rex
Bit of a long shot can you still turn the engine over by putting it in gear and turning the back wheel to make sure the transmission/crankshaft is not bent/locked up after the hit.
Thanks, my words exactly. Sounds like you hydro locked the engine. Pull all the plugs and crank the bike? Does it crank? If so you pulled oil into the engine. If not, then you might have broke something internal.

Post back
Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM

Other option is to put the bike in 6th gear and rock it front to back and see if the engine turns over.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:06 PM

stuntingsxr600 is a decent person

lol @ "the battery"
Find your starter solenoid, get a screwdriver and tap the positive and negative on the solenoid... should fire up
Old 10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
want that YUT-UGHHHH

GardnerJosh is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
yep, because a battery dies when you wreck...

dumbshit...

so it wont even jump start?
damn im a dumbshit?? how bout he jsut goes and buys a new battery. im like 75% sure it is a battery(so does most everyone else on here), granted that all the fuses and r fine. which should take bout 1 min to check those. hope he posts the answer.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Has anyone else seen this???

The starter is engaging, the lights are dimming....... Either the starter is jammed or the engine.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 02gsxxr
please dont listen to him no offence but if you battery is at 11.5 when running you have a problem with the stator not charging if your bike is running it needs to around 13.5+ thats shows that your stator is charging... 11.5 would mean your running on straight battery voltage. FAIL um i would check fuses and possible any pinched wiring that could be ground from the crash. Did you check wiring to the neutral safety switch? you could also try and jump the Starter solenoid just to see if the thing will turn over that way.. does your fuel pump prime? all that good stuff
Don't listen to this Einstein that can't read

I never said anything about the bike running at 11.5v.

So take your FAIL talk elsewhere dip ****. I was having him test the battery to make sure it's good, if the battery can't even maintain 12v with the bike off, or at LEAST 11.5+ with the keys on, then the battery is FUCKED

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Has anyone else seen this???

The starter is engaging, the lights are dimming....... Either the starter is jammed or the engine.
+1

I'd see if the motor will spin period, using a wrench on the crank.. If it doesn't spin EASILY probably hydrolocked
If it does spin fine, just jump the starter solenoid with a wrench and see if it cranks.. If that still doesn't crank it, probably a starter problem.. Try push starting it at that point to see if it at least runs

Just making sure, you DID read the instructions and charge the battery on a 2amp or lower charger all night before EVER using it right?
If you didn't charge it for hours before use, or if you charged it over 2amps, the new battery is probably fucked.
But if you charged it properly, then we can forget it being that problem.

Also check around for lose wires, lose grounds to the frame, any type of corrosion on any plug.

Last edited by Towlieee; 10-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Quick Reply: droped my 636