Ok, I think I narrowed it down.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 01:23 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Ok, I think I narrowed it down.......

Sorry for the dumb a$$ questions but here goes nothing for quest. #2. As far as trick bikes that I could fit in the budget and for what I thought is strong enough to get me moving were these. I don't know if you recall but my budget was $4500-5500(tops)......
This is what I came up with.....were 2 in particular. You guys said even though I didn't want a 600 a F4i was recommended so I checked into it. A guy I know is selling 2 bikes and are at bad as$ prices (i think). The first is a 2002 GSXR 750 w/ 2114 miles for $5200......The other was a 2001 CBR 600 F4i w/ 2814 miles for $4500 .......Almost seems to good to be true. Well, it is, sort of....The only downfall is that they are salvaged. In your opinion is a salvage bike all that bad, say, for someone who is going to race or do stunts on? I mean they look like they are in pretty good condition except for the Gixxer having a little rash from being laid down on the left side......I bought one from him years back and noticed when I hit it hard it's second gear kept slipping out pissing me off. They say it was from someone wheelie-ing. Can that happen? I was told by a friend to test drive it and get it up to a 100mph to see if something happens. This may be hard to do as they won't let me borrow the bike like that and can't get tickets because I have to damn many. I have to wait until some points drop off. I just have to be super aware of my surroundings. Anywayz, what do you think about salvages, which would you go for, and whatever else you wanna add.......
Thanks,
LATER
Old 07-27-2003, 01:35 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
if you get the f4i I want the gixxer! hook a brotha up!
Old 07-27-2003, 01:43 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
wouldn't worry about straches have you seen our bikes, lol. Oh and yes it can slip gears from wheeling, or from dragracing whatever. Either one is a good bike, so I hear, I only know about the gixxer. Inspect both throughly, show the cash, and they might let you test drive if you threaten to walk out. I don't buy nothing used without driving it first, that's just nutz. Only thing salvage bikes are bad for is insurance, and the re-sell, but if your stunting you shouldn't have to worry about any of it.
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut
Old 07-27-2003, 02:38 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Cool.............

Hey what's up with the fellas sayin that the ZX 7 is not such a good stunt bike? What makes it harder than anything else? Damn, I hate sounding like a newbie even though been riding sport bikes among others for appx, well since '93 when I got a 600r in high school and had something ever since. I can hold pretty good when it comes to racing the canyons but never tried to do stunts. And I'm readier(if that is a word) than ever.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:31 AM

Diviniti is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cool.............

Originally posted by bikerboy
Hey what's up with the fellas sayin that the ZX 7 is not such a good stunt bike? What makes it harder than anything else? Damn, I hate sounding like a newbie even though been riding sport bikes among others for appx, well since '93 when I got a 600r in high school and had something ever since. I can hold pretty good when it comes to racing the canyons but never tried to do stunts. And I'm readier(if that is a word) than ever.
Aslong as it has two wheels and a throttle you can stunt it.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:38 PM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey what's up with the fellas sayin that the ZX 7 is not such a good stunt bike?
'cause Kawasaki never really changed the design to make it lighter. Its a heavy bike thats all.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

if you want to stunt an underpowered tank feel free . its not that it can't be done . but why would you want to?