Damage control phone number?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: Damage control phone number?

Originally Posted by BLEED
i tried to put it on while the raditor was still on the bike and the holes didnt match up at all the bottom would come up when i would try to get the right side. its like i put one side on and it wouldnt go out any further to match up to go on the other side and the bottom kept popping up. so i figure when i get a chance i would take it off and see if it all matches up from there. but that does suck and gl wit everything. i'll give my results in about a week. i had the cage for a couple of months now but really havent had a chance to throw it on besides that chance dont feel like draining everything just yet its almost winter here.
to anyone who thinks my problem was installation error.

thanks for your input bro. Maybe they'll fix their design and become reputable again.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lit
And to add i installed one of these on a full fairing 06 636 last night with dual fans and it came outtt amazing! not to rub it in or anything. but ive met the guy who makes em a few times and he is pretty darn legit about everything.
I have absolutely no doubt that a lot of people have these rad cages on their bikes and they work 100% fine for them...maybe because they got lucky installing them without error? Once this cage is up and mounted I'm sure its a wonderful thing to brag about having and works 100%....I had a problem...and another guy voiced problems in here too....that leads me to believe that there may be more people with installation issues but they're not saying anything on here.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I AM TIGER WOODS!!!

BLEED is a decent person

yea these do look pimp and disel and it is a good idea and i deff want it on my bike without a doubt but if it doesnt fit then it doesnt fit cant force a quarter into the top of a beer bottle you know what i mean. but i aint tripping about or anything. but when people installed them did you have to take your raditor off or did you just throw it on while on the bike???
Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Armenian
man see this is what im talking about....thanks for posting this up man-I knew I wasn't the only one out there. If you got a problem with a part, speak up! Inform us!
I got one on my bike and had no problems with fitment or anything. I'm very happy with my purchase. That being said, a friend of mine has one on his F4i and it doesn't line up as well with the radiator as mine does. Both of us had minty radiators to use when installing the support. He got his to work but his radiator just doesn't sit as flush in the support as mine does All in all, we're both happy with the purchases. Hope everything works out for you

[quote=BLEED;4155298dont feel like draining everything just yet its almost winter here.[/quote]

you dont have to drain the fluid to get the support on at least not on the f4i from what i remember maybe someone else can verify coz it's been a few months since i put mine on but i'm pretty sure you dont gotta drain the fluids
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BLEED
yea these do look pimp and disel and it is a good idea and i deff want it on my bike without a doubt but if it doesnt fit then it doesnt fit cant force a quarter into the top of a beer bottle you know what i mean. but i aint tripping about or anything. but when people installed them did you have to take your raditor off or did you just throw it on while on the bike???
From what I remember just remove the tabs that mount the radiator to the bike, fit the cage into place and tighten it back up. dont gotta drain fluids or remove it completely - again from what I remember. Its been a few months like I said but I dont recall draining fluids to get it on.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

but I'd think more than twice with these guys in regards to quality of workmanship and especially service. Expect all blame to be put on you, as soon as you send them your money for their product.
After reading your post some things have become blantly clear here, you are impatient. Instead of shooting him an email asking him to contact you, lets go whine and bitch on stunt life and see who will jump on your bandwaon because you have "forum cred". Just be honest, your radiator was most likely tweaked and you attempted to jam and fit it inside the cage and somewhere along the line you punctured your radiator. Even if the radiator hole, cage hole did not line up correctly how does this puncture your radiator?? Your original post pictures show no damage at all, only 2 points that dont line up. This is like calling out Sick Innovations because you tried to put there cage on crooked and stripped your motor mounts, I mean ******* seriously. I dont represent D.C.P. so carry on with your desperate attempt to get your radiator replaced.

Originally Posted by rookie stunter
my buddy had a similar problem on his 636... he was worried that it was going to puncture his as well... but his biggest problem was that it wouldnt line up or mount right... ill have to check and see what he did to fix it cause i know he has it on the bike now.
The problem with the DCP Radiator Cages are the Jigs are for 100% perfect radiators,only 5% of stunt bikes have minty radiators that will fit perfect. The majority of the weak rads have shifted shape over time and take some care getting them inside the cage.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

the installing of the cage will differ from bike to bike.. BUT if you would like to do the best job possible and NOT puncture your radiator on accident as some people have obviously done before. It seems like you should just take it off completely and intall the cage. Then install the whole thing as a unit. Every radiator will vary with fitment due to the condition of the radiator, but everyone shouldnt have to many problems at all.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

to anyone who thinks my problem was installation error.

thanks for your input bro. Maybe they'll fix their design and become reputable again.
Not all products fit perfectly, and every company out there makes mistakes. But trying to play it off that you punctured your radiator after you identified if did not fit correctly is your own problem

Im sure the 1 complaint from you, against the 600+ cages sold with positive results wont close there doors, or break any hearts
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Lit
the installing of the cage will differ from bike to bike.. BUT if you would like to do the best job possible and NOT puncture your radiator on accident as some people have obviously done before. It seems like you should just take it off completely and intall the cage. Then install the whole thing as a unit. Every radiator will vary with fitment due to the condition of the radiator, but everyone shouldnt have to many problems at all.

the radiator doesnt attach to the support separately so theres really no need to take it off. id understand taking it off if you hook the radiator up to the support and then the support to the bike but the radiator sits in the support and you screw the support into the mounting area on the frame with your bolts going through the radiator mounting tabs. At least thats how it is on the f4i. Its actually a really easy install. Sucks **** didnt work out for Armenian coz they're really a good product. Looking at his picture though, it does look like his doesnt line up properly
Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by MiNi GuineA
After reading your post some things have become blantly clear here, you are impatient. Instead of shooting him an email asking him to contact you, lets go whine and bitch on stunt life and see who will jump on your bandwaon because you have "forum cred". Just be honest, your radiator was most likely tweaked and you attempted to jam and fit it inside the cage and somewhere along the line you punctured your radiator. Even if the radiator hole, cage hole did not line up correctly how does this puncture your radiator?? Your original post pictures show no damage at all, only 2 points that dont line up. This is like calling out Sick Innovations because you tried to put there cage on crooked and stripped your motor mounts, I mean ******* seriously. I dont represent D.C.P. so carry on with your desperate attempt to get your radiator replaced.

The problem with the DCP Radiator Cages are the Jigs are for 100% perfect radiators,only 5% of stunt bikes have minty radiators that will fit perfect. The majority of the weak rads have shifted shape over time and take some care getting them inside the cage.
well said
Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

i got one on my f4i with dual fans. perfect fit and didnt have to drain fluid or remove radiator. once the fairings were off it took about 15 min for me to get it installed
Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

Looking at the posted picture is clear the mounting tabs dont line up, they dont line up because the radiator is hitting the support cross bar. The core was damaged when downward force was placed on the cage onto the radiator in an attempt to make the holes line up

Name:  ttt-1.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  81.2 KB
This is what the cage lookg like properly installed on you bike, just because the mounting tabs dont line up is not the end all with the 2 pieces. Your radiator could be tweaked from generic up/down strain.

Also they have the Installation instructions posted on the web site
http://damagecontrolproducts.webs.com/install.htm

I would bet money if you put a stock radiator inside that cage it fits like butter
Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 PM

After reading your post some things have become blantly clear here, you are impatient. Instead of shooting him an email asking him to contact you, lets go whine and bitch on stunt life and see who will jump on your bandwaon because you have "forum cred". .
WHats blatantly clear here is that you did'nt read a single word in this entire thread and only looked at the pictures. Go back, read the words in the thread, then remove your foot from your mouth. I called Jay up and spoke with him today as soon as I got his number as a result of this thread.

Just be honest, your radiator was most likely tweaked and you attempted to jam and fit it inside the cage and somewhere along the line you punctured your radiator. Even if the radiator hole, cage hole did not line up correctly how does this puncture your radiator?? Your original post pictures show no damage at all, only 2 points that dont line up. This is like calling out Sick Innovations because you tried to put there cage on crooked and stripped your motor mounts, I mean ******* seriously.
Like I said either read the thread or stfu seriously everything thats coming out of your mouth has been adressed. my radiator is perfectly straight and mint. so yea stfu

I dont represent D.C.P.
Says Damage Control Products under your user name.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 PM

just because the mounting tabs dont line up is not the end all with the 2 pieces. Your radiator could be tweaked from generic up/down strain.

I would bet money if you put a stock radiator inside that cage it fits like butter
Very thoughtful idea...but your wrong. Here is the radiator i took off my bike. I took this picture 5 minutes ago:

Straight as an arrow.

Last edited by Armenian; 10-09-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 PM

Cage is back in its box and is being sent back to DC tomorrow. I would at least expect a refund of $75 plus the shipping I'm paying for, since the policy on the invoice says returns accepted within 2 weeks.

I'll keep this thread alive with the status of this issue. If I get my refund in a timely manner after they recieve the package, then good...we can end this problem. I really dont want to fuss about 75 bucks but if im going to take the time to ship this thing back at least refund me cost+shipping to be fair.

Last edited by Armenian; 10-09-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

WHats blatantly clear here is that you did'nt read a single word in this entire thread and only looked at the pictures. Go back, read the words in the thread, then remove your foot from your mouth. I called Jay up and spoke with him today as soon as I got his number as a result of this thread.

Like I said either read the thread or stfu seriously everything thats coming out of your mouth has been adressed. my radiator is perfectly straight and mint. so yea stfu

Says Damage Control Products under your user name.
1 - You posted the thread before you emailed him per your own words
because you wanted the phone number now, again Impatient
behavior has been established.

2 - I read the entire thing, and figured out you fucked it up ur self now
want to boo hoo and get a radiator.

3 - Lets believe your radiator is 100% mint and straight, when if you look
at the pic of the 2 rad holes that dont line up its wavy as a mother

4 - It does say D.C.P. under my screen name, I know Jay, I ride with Jay, I
See how the supports are made and a OEM rad will fit inside the
supports all day. I also know 20 local riders that all rock his ****, he
has been praised on here for a good min, theres always a winey little
bitch trying to get something for nothing.. Congrat's!!

5 - If you want some D.C.P. info on there outstanding customer service
check out this thread. https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...s-amazing.html

6 - You have said alot of nothing and still not answered the question asked
here. You have the support inside you hands, the support does not line up correctly how did this puncture a hole inside the radiator.

Your responce would be.. I tried to force it, thats how the radiator got damaged. If you came at Jay honestly he would have told you to ship it back. If I did not fit correctly on the stock radiator he ships you a rad and new support and live happily ever after like the other now 99.9% of customers.

But anyone hearing you story that has installed one can see YOUR FULL OF **** now. STFU
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

Very thoughtful idea...but your wrong. Here is the radiator i took off my bike. I took this picture 5 minutes ago:

The Radiator is not 100% Mint.. You can clearly see its flexd some on the top by the tabs, and in the bottom right corner. It happens to all of them not inside a cage thus the popularity of the product. Good luck, sorry you had a bad experience with the cage.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 AM

1 - You posted the thread before you emailed him per your own words
because you wanted the phone number now, again Impatient
behavior has been established.:
1. I have no desire to explain these actions to you. im glad you have established impatient behavior. i really am. no really.

6 - You have said alot of nothing and still not answered the question asked
here. You have the support inside you hands, the support does not line up correctly how did this puncture a hole inside the radiator..:
go back and read the thread..slowly this time.

I'm not mad at you man. Seriously. I understand this guy is your best friend and I'm an enemy to him and you and all of his buddies now because I'm calling his product out on the internet but I've already spoken with him on the phone. I'll call him again tomorrow when I ship it back. And I expect a full refund. If not I'll submit a claim with paypal. End of story. Now lets start acting like adults, put your dick away, knock it off with the ego crap and have a good night.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 AM

The Radiator is not 100% Mint.. You can clearly see its flexd some on the top by the tabs, and in the bottom right corner. It happens to all of them not inside a cage thus the popularity of the product. Good luck, sorry you had a bad experience with the cage.
HAHAHA sure man. whatever you say.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

i am ordering mine tomorrow

Quick Reply: Damage control phone number?