Damage control phone number?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: Damage control phone number?

Originally Posted by Hazen
Army is pretty good with wrenches from the pics I have seen... he doesn't cobb his bikes together... leads me to believe that it's a manufacturer issue.

That really sucks.
thanks man-i'll eat the cost to fix my radiator-im not really money hungry--its just the situation really pissed me off earlier. leaking radiators are a big pet peeve of mine and the LAST thing I expected was that the addition of this support would cause this.

i know that many guys have these braces on their bikes and they work fine, but I'd think more than twice with these guys in regards to quality of workmanship and especially service. Expect all blame to be put on you, as soon as you send them your money for their product.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

send it back
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 PM

jonbravo20 is a decent person

Originally Posted by DLISH
send it back
couldnt have put it better myself!! i have one on my bike with no problems at all and i happen to know for a fact that jay has shipped over 100 of his supports with NO problems. looks to me like you hit one of the cores with the lower tab on the support, sucks it doesnt fit correctly but jay is an extremely honest person and if you work something out with him ill bet he is more than happy to exchange supports!!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:45 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this the hole? If not put an arrow to where your talking about. Alot of us on here would like to see where the actual hole is. Photoshop a circle around it.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 PM

drfixaho is a decent person

Originally Posted by Armenian
Whose got these guys phone number? Im going to kill somebody because I just got their radiator cage in and it poked a ******* hole in my ******* radiator that was mint when i was installing it. I can't find their phone number anywhere.
man im gonna have to disagree w u. I believe more riders have subcages mounted on stock, nonreinforced subs...

Our industry needs productive parts Such as the dc radiator braces, c4 rearsets, hohey brackets, etc etc ...not squidly adjustable bars and titanium. Train tracks r whack! :2cent
im confused..........
Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by drfixaho
im confused..........
so was i. and thats why i posted because we need critical thinkers to review the **** we buy properly good or bad-not because it was a freebie.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Talen
Is this the hole? If not put an arrow to where your talking about. Alot of us on here would like to see where the actual hole is. Photoshop a circle around it.
yup thats it. did'nt have time to photoshop it.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

That's an odd place to have a hole from the support. do you think you might have kicked up a rock or something?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
That's an odd place to have a hole from the support. do you think you might have kicked up a rock or something?
no i didn't even get the support onto the bike. the lower tab of the support punctured the rad when i was trying to line up the holes on the top.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 PM

yup thats it. did'nt have time to photoshop it.

Thank You. Ok now everybody can see you hit your fins by accident when you installed it. The radiator DIDNT do it (unless you care to explain how that happened?). You did this mistake. Case closed.

I understand people wanting to look out for other riders and so forth but there has to be an equal amount of people sticking up for a company as well. Just explain how the support made that pin hole....

Another quick comment I have is the DCP shows all the positive comments from veteran riders as well as amatuers.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM

no i didn't even get the support onto the bike. the lower tab of the support punctured the rad when i was trying to line up the holes on the top.
So it was a defective part or wrong model seems like. If I send you a Freestyle Ingenuity cage for an F4i will you try to make it work on your 636? Dude, I guarantee you send it back to DCP and they will refund your money.

Last edited by DCP-TED; 10-08-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

my buddy had a similar problem on his 636... he was worried that it was going to puncture his as well... but his biggest problem was that it wouldnt line up or mount right... ill have to check and see what he did to fix it cause i know he has it on the bike now.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
The rad is not a write off. You can get them fixed fairly cheap at a local shop. I just built a support for my rad and had to pace it off a bit for clearance. Both my tabs were completely gone and during the past 3 years of abuse I think the rad was a bit warped. If the hole is a pin hole, use some barsleak if it's a bit bigger you can use another product. I can llink it for you if you want. I just went through this last night.....

Furthermore, I have been off this site for a couple of years so I don't really know OMR, but from what I've seen him post over the past few weeks. He seems to be right on with all his advice....

More then right on hes' ggggrrreeeaaattt
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Talen
So it was a defective part or wrong model seems like. If I send you a Freestyle Ingenuity cage for an F4i will you try to make it work on your 636? Dude, I guarantee you send it back to DCP and they will refund your money.
It's going back into the box with all of the original packaging and I'll pay to ship it back tomorrow morning. Are you just a friend or is this the guy I talked to today? Just wondering.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by rookie stunter
my buddy had a similar problem on his 636... he was worried that it was going to puncture his as well... but his biggest problem was that it wouldnt line up or mount right... ill have to check and see what he did to fix it cause i know he has it on the bike now.
man see this is what im talking about....thanks for posting this up man-I knew I wasn't the only one out there. If you got a problem with a part, speak up! Inform us! Of course its going to **** vendors and friends of vendors off, but how are we going to help improve the design without critical thinkers and solid reviews? Like I said earlier, Its not about the 75 dollars. Its the design flaw and poor service.

The one thing positive about this radiator cage, was the fast shipping. It arrived at my doorstep in 3 days which is phenomenal so kudos for that but my opinion still holds negative for design and service.

Last edited by Armenian; 10-08-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 PM

It's going back into the box with all of the original packaging and I'll pay to ship it back tomorrow morning. Are you just a friend or is this the guy I talked to today? Just wondering.

I do the website. Im a friend of Jay. If there is a design flaw he will address it. Im not sure how your conversation went I heard bits and pieces of both parties. He is a legit guy, but I have first hand already seen people take advantage of new businesses and its probably what caused this whole fiasco. For crying out loud his first support was designed around the 636. The only thing I can guess is it was a fluke fabrication on that support.

And I agree to the whole lets hear good and bad, because thats the only way a business can learn and grow.

Last edited by DCP-TED; 10-08-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

shitty to here about your luck and ******* up a new radiator before you ship it if you payed with paypal open a claim so you know you'll get a refund hopefully
Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I AM TIGER WOODS!!!

BLEED is a decent person

i tried to put it on while the raditor was still on the bike and the holes didnt match up at all the bottom would come up when i would try to get the right side. its like i put one side on and it wouldnt go out any further to match up to go on the other side and the bottom kept popping up. so i figure when i get a chance i would take it off and see if it all matches up from there. but that does suck and gl wit everything. i'll give my results in about a week. i had the cage for a couple of months now but really havent had a chance to throw it on besides that chance dont feel like draining everything just yet its almost winter here.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

ive seen these cages on half the bikes in florida and they all look diesel to me.. sucks man you had a bad experience installing it by nickin the radiator on accident.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

And to add i installed one of these on a full fairing 06 636 last night with dual fans and it came outtt amazing! not to rub it in or anything. but ive met the guy who makes em a few times and he is pretty darn legit about everything.

Quick Reply: Damage control phone number?