View Poll Results: What level would you like to see this sport get to..?
X-Games / TV?
72.64%
Local stunt events?
12.77%
Being a side show for other main events?
1.82%
Or goto Crazy Dans house to party?
12.77%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Attn: All Stunters / Riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 05:58 AM

-Baker- is an unknown quantity at this point
Attn: All Stunters / Riders

What level would you all like to see this sport get to..?

And

Please post on how we're going to get there. I see www.StuntLife has made that move for all of us. Now what are we going to do.....?

I ask this question because I'm curious..maybe its a dumb question.... I'm hella tired and not thinking...LOL

Last edited by -Baker-; 11-02-2002 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Regular StuntLifer

skinny is an unknown quantity at this point
How about a televised party at Crazy Dans house! (with medical personel on site of course)
Old 11-02-2002, 06:25 PM

rotgg is an unknown quantity at this point
the way i feel about my ridding is i dont need anybody to tell me how good i am i dont need to be judged i stunt because i love it not to make $$$$$$$$ or for fame and i dought it will ever be a huge sport in the US just not enough intrest there is not even enough intrest in motorcycle racing here so there is little chance of this gitting to big i think it will grow some but i dont think it will get to big because we are to limited in the things we can do in the space at shows and every guy in the world can do all the tricks if they practice but i will support the sport with all my ability and if it does get big i will be there to witness so i am along for the ride were ever it goes
Old 11-02-2002, 06:52 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by rotgg
and every guy in the world can do all the tricks if they practice
You sure about that? There are a few guys that stand out above the rest in our sport, just like in FMX. Then there are the rest of us who are constantly learning new stuff, which helps the sport grow. Most people that ride motorcycles don't even know how to ride a simple wheelie. It seems like everyone we know can stunt, but that's because that's all we associate with. Lots of other riders look up to us.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:41 PM

nsutke222 is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Its fun
2. We're nuts
3.. mostly illegal

I doubt its going to get much bigger than the rest of the extreme sports that are out there.. just more accesible to a larger group of people. Not everyone can buy a hang glider or a parachute...and you can stunt by yourself.. you don't have to have a pilot or a boat or a ski lift..

I think we will start seein some more magazines about stunting.. and I think the law will start crackin down on us more..

i think its divided half and half on organized stunting. I enjoy watching the competitions but as far as competing, i'm leaning more towards independent stunting.. I enjoy riding with my friends by ourselves and havin fun JUST TO HAVE FUN, not to prove anything.

As far as the limit with tricks, I expect to see some technicals like sliding on rails and doin halfpipes and jumpin.. hehehe

cale
Old 11-02-2002, 09:30 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
cmon dude!!

Originally posted by rotgg
the way i feel about my ridding is i dont need anybody to tell me how good i am i dont need to be judged i stunt because i love it not to make $$$$$$$$ or for fame and i dought it will ever be a huge sport in the US just not enough intrest there is not even enough intrest in motorcycle racing here so there is little chance of this gitting to big i think it will grow some but i dont think it will get to big because we are to limited in the things we can do in the space at shows and every guy in the world can do all the tricks if they practice but i will support the sport with all my ability and if it does get big i will be there to witness so i am along for the ride were ever it goes

are you sure that you have thought that whole statement out?? for one.. not enough interest?? thats cuz not enough people have been exposed.. there are still SOOO many people that have never seen the most standard of trix. cant be interested in something that you have never seen.. right?.. this SPORT can and will be accepted one day.. we just all have to do our parts.. when i see teams being sponsored by multi million dollar companies and stunt ryders with their bikes in victory lane at daytona, that tells me we are going somewhere.. this is only the begining.. and dude, there are quite a few riders i could put in a 100ftx100ft square and i promise ya you wouldnt fall asleep... last but not least... anyone can do what we do if they practice?? nah, i wont even get on that topic.. lol... its all good man..like i said, this is only the beginning!!!!! but.. GET READY!!! someone got somethin new for us every year.. never know whos next!!! LATA!!:D
Old 11-02-2002, 09:41 PM

jaxon23 is an unknown quantity at this point
rottg is right, i won't say anybody but if you practice enough at what you do you can acomplish it....everyone on here started from ground zero....everyone on her rode garbage wheelies the first time they got on a bike..not one person just jumped on a bike and 12'ed it (ecept nags ) what i am saying is if someone has the heart,ability,funds,time then they can perfect whatever it is they wanna do. use to you never seen anybody 12'ing or rolling 500+ foot endos or combos stuff like that...but people practiced and kept at it till they perfected it...i feel personally this thing will never really blow up...reason being is that there are to many people (and myself is included) that do this stuff pubicly on freeways,highways,neighborhoods and that gives a bad eye to most people....you don't see dale earnhardt jr or ricky carmichael or pastrada tearing it up on the interstates or highways. they keep it at the tracks and that makes good in peoples eyes. if you go ripping past mr and mrs. joe family with their kids in the car doing a highchair,flamingo or whatever they are going to frown upon it. this sport will never really truly get huge because of the "badseed" it has already developed in the public eye...i am not trying to down it because i love doing wheelies and stoppies and even enjoy watching the vids you guys put out evenmore and if there was a national vote i would vote yes but i am just going by what i see...but who am i to speak...i'm just a small tymer from Alabama
Old 11-04-2002, 01:20 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Originally posted by jaxon23
.i feel personally this thing will never really blow up...reason being is that there are to many people (and myself is included) that do this stuff pubicly on freeways,highways,neighborhoods and that gives a bad eye to most people....you don't see dale earnhardt jr or ricky carmichael or pastrada tearing it up on the interstates or highways. they keep it at the tracks and that makes good in peoples eyes. if you go ripping past mr and mrs. joe family with their kids in the car doing a highchair,flamingo or whatever they are going to frown upon it. this sport will never really truly get huge because of the "badseed" it has already developed in the public eye...i am not trying to down it because i love doing wheelies and stoppies and even enjoy watching the vids you guys put out evenmore and if there was a national vote i would vote yes but i am just going by what i see...but who am i to speak...i'm just a small tymer from Alabama

I think it will and should get big. We do this stuff on public roadways because thats our only option. Alot of people do frown on it, but that's because it scares them or they're jealous,etc. But for the most parteveryone I know thinks that I'm crazy but still enjoy seeing the things we do.

All of the other sports, extreme or otherwise started somewhere. And none of them got big overnight. You guys should know, if you've been around a little bit, how much this sport has grown in such relatively short amount of time.

It will get big because it's not going to go away. There are too many of us out here now and more and more everyday as they get exposed to it.

When I saw the first couple of videos I thought that there was no way I would ever do any of this. Then I got hooked aabout a year ago and cant think of anything but doing this stuff.

Just my 2.5 cents:helmet
Old 11-04-2002, 09:13 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
It is certainly going to be hard to advance this sport without the help of localStunt Parks (-Click Here-) . If we had a place to go legally and take it off the streets it would be a lot easier to have televised events. Just imagine the success of our sport if a Stunt Park was built in Central Fl. where people can ride Year Round.

It is true that anybody could be good if they practiced long and hard enough. However, most people do not and will not because of the risks involved. That goes for almost any sport that exists though. I could probably be a good Mountian climber, but I don't want to fall off no stinkin rock while practicing :D . It is also true that some people learn faster than others and those are the ones that help keep the sports moving.

Either way it goes, I am in the sport for fun and really do not ever plan on making a career out of it .

Last edited by RedlineJimmy; 11-04-2002 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:58 AM

outlawr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't see dale earnhardt jr or ricky carmichael or pastrada tearing it up on the interstates or highways.
well actually dale earnhardt jr s fathers father ran moonshine,and many others did also thats where that sport originated from and became this huge interprise that is nascar.yeah we might be tearing up the block but try driving a ford t model at 80mph on dirt roads fuuux that!plus most of us arnt drug runners
Old 11-04-2002, 01:39 PM

baker you know how i personally feel about this i guess i should copy and paste but im too lazy.but if the xsba really backs this sport only good things will come.x-games all the way baby!!! BUT OUR TOP RIDIAHS need to make better contracts then the dirt riders did at there time.as for corporate sponcers if they see shady videos selling out,t-shirts that cant stay on the rack FROM A COMPLETE UNDERGROUND LEVEL they will have to open up there eyes and reconize.they go where the $$$ is.if stunt riding got a couple big breaks on tv,or high level guys looking out who knows; example tony hawlk- ship him vids and let him break it and make ps2 games for it,get nicky hayden69 as a fan and break it,or get jeremy mcgraths cocky *** out to a stunt fest-or the next big rap kat or the man DMX because they would all see a dope investment.case and point FASTLANE a new tv show on fox that gets replayed on mtv. its a new aged miami vice type show i dont know if any of you saw the 2nd episode. it was about girl stunters robbing a diamond store.one of the girls the hot blonde that chromes out bike frames, was riding a MV Augustaf4, Ducati Aprilia Mille "R" plus all our jap bikes in the back and more than half of the hour long show they all were riding 3 girls 2 guys doing standup wheelies and rolling stoppies and even put a scean were the guy had to catch the hottie on the f4 on his bike threw the mountains to F()ck her!hella cool to see that on t.v.the last sportbike on t.v i saw was top gun or cold as ice lol now my point ;my younger bro in h.s said that all his friends guys and GIRLS were going to look at MV Augustaf4 s after school.all the kids thought the stand-up was tight but the rolling stoppie was off the chain. the mtv chat forum blew up (it was cool to see stunting go mainstream for a sec)but they erase the advertisements for anything that kids post ex.bikes cars websites, but if someone had the cash to put comercial for stuntlife or streetfighterz or (your group here )after the show ended (just 20sec of our game it would mos def twisted some caps back) the orders would have been to big to fill.BTW any fox casting directors crusing this site for a rider for there next bike orientated show feel free to email me @outlawr1@hotmail.com but bringing this to mainstream will get easier and time will tell.but anytime you sell your art for money you deal with the devil:devil but right now in this sport we do have alot of great talent.the top ten in the states will be the kats that will have to deal with that. but im a betting man and if genX dont do it Y will (little bastards)with kick backs to the OG ofcourse X-games and beyond.i will be a fan 1st and a ridiah 2nd till my blood stops pumping.so if you think this is all b.s you still got my paper and respect!BTW we are really starting to get some killer photographers,editors,and cameramen outta this game! PASSION BREEDS FOLLOWERS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	4375  
Old 11-04-2002, 07:57 PM

rotgg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RedlineJimmy
It is certainly going to be hard to advance this sport without the help of localStunt Parks (-Click Here-) . If we had a place to go legally and take it off the streets it would be a lot easier to have televised events. Just imagine the success of our sport if a Stunt Park was built in Central Fl. where people can ride Year Round.

amen i cant even ride at the drag strips here it is so hard to find a spot and when we do the tinticles of the large squid population soon find it and **** it up for us if we had a spot to ride any were close it would be on

Last edited by rotgg; 11-04-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:43 AM

baker
I see StuntLife has made that move for all of us
yeah man i signed up to SL on oct 7th made a post b4 i rode out to chi-town on the 7th to get the hook up.but ive been working 60+hrs a week and now a part time job on top of the 60 its all good because i can go in and make cash money whenever,so i havent had time to kick it on the net...but i got injured on the job so i got mon and tue off checked out SL and this place has BLOWN UP with ridiahs.mad props shugga on a tight site and fourum.yous a
It is certainly going to be hard to advance this sport without the help of localStunt Parks (-Click Here-) . If we had a place to go legally and take it off the streets it would be a lot easier to have televised events. Just imagine the success of our sport if a Stunt Park was built in Central Fl. where people can ride Year Round
to have stunt parks popping up would be hella cool!:cool: in the midwest STL we would need a wharehouse type park for these vicious winters.let me know if i can help in any way on making this a reality.BTW isnt patrick SBH trying to get a stunt park up in texas?
Old 11-05-2002, 03:48 AM

miami zoo crew in fast and furious2-heard the rumors does anyone know if this is forreal,if it is mad props to MZC i found these pix on the ff2 website.

Name:	52870380oyvkds_ph.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	4417  
Old 11-05-2002, 03:52 AM

who knows this sport might end up on the silver screen pic2

Name:	52870387dwkrtu_ph.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	4418  
Old 11-05-2002, 05:22 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't see dale earnhardt jr or ricky carmichael or pastrada tearing it up on the interstates or highways.
This is true-but does it stop people from streetracing?-As for FMX-back home-me and my friends got jumps that we do over 289, otherwise known as Preston rd in N. Texas(it's a big road)

Also-Just cause a sport goes Nation wide doesn't mean that you can't participate on a local level.

I believe that this sport will become as house-hold as any other x-treme sport. And I will do everything in my power and then some to see that this sport takes off. I'm gonna stick with it alwayz becuase i love it-no matter what, but i also want to be able to say that i live off of doing what i love.

If I had to relate my vision on the final stature of the sport, I believe that it will become most like the skateboard industry. It has much of the same aspects. It's very secluded, there are masses of people who have motorcycles and want to do the same things we are, it has a huge AAAWWW factor when tricks are performed with perfect skill-and now with the perfection and variation of the 12 o'clock it only requires almost the same demo space.

thanx for posting the poll Baker-keep it fresh on everyone's mind-were goin no-where but UP
Old 11-05-2002, 09:07 AM

jaxon23 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes your right, skatteboarding is just about the same in this asspect you have skate functions with lots of people in attendace and then the kids on the street that skate on public property (libraries,schools,malls) and make the public mad...but they are pushing a board with there foot and hardly moving when they wreck but when a guy drops a standup on the interstate at 90mph+ that doesn't look so good as isn't as easily forgiving. i'm not trying to bash this idea of "blowing up" in anyway (hell if i was would i be on STUNTlife.com?) i'm just saying its going to be very hard for it to grow with the bad taste that we as street riders put in peoples mouth. like i said i love watching the vids and would love to chill at home on a sunday watching the X games with you guys in it.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:37 AM

sk8 or die sk8N is a good anology **** i still own a board and a ol skool bmx bike.i guess right now this sport is at the level of when tonyhawlk did Gleaming the Cube(late80s)for sk8N.i say this beacuse we got groups representing in major motion pictures MZC = FF2 ? now DTE with urban massacure https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2763 and other movies like the **** stunter guy(daledabone) did and ghostrider and the riders in MADE ,RR others im forgetting its algood in the hood though.BTW kinda got off point with fastlane shizit but damn that girl on the f4 i cant get off my mind:D
Old 02-10-2004, 01:28 PM

revlimiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attn: All Stunters / Riders

Originally Posted by Dirty B
Most people that ride motorcycles don't even know how to ride a simple wheelie. .
the problem with that statement if anyone tried to do a wheelie they could its just a desire to do it. not everyone wants to do a wheelie. I don't want to sound like a d!ck but i go riding with my father he has a 2001 gsxr 1000 it could easily do a wheelie but i gurantee the front wheel has never been off the ground because he has no desire to stunt.

I hope stunting gets huge full blown sport like motorcross or FMX or NASCAR.
I hope stunting becomes so big it takes all other sports off TV and there is a channel dedicated to stunt riding only. I think stunt riding has one major downfall you have to love it to be good at it......

Natural talent will only get you so far with this sport otherwise it turns into a hobbie.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:46 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attn: All Stunters / Riders

just my , i dont care if stunting goes anywhere. for those of you putting your all into it i wish you the best!
i ride where ever i want too...i do wheelies or stoppies where ever i want too...
i dont care what it makes stunting look like...i do these thing because i love too. its for me and only me!!
-sean

Quick Reply: Attn: All Stunters / Riders