View Poll Results: What level would you like to see this sport get to..?
X-Games / TV?
72.64%
Local stunt events?
12.77%
Being a side show for other main events?
1.82%
Or goto Crazy Dans house to party?
12.77%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Attn: All Stunters / Riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 04:49 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attn: All Stunters / Riders

Originally Posted by GMO750
Just so people here know - there were meetings with reps of our "sport" and people from the x-games as early as 2001.

Still, no x-games.

Not trying to be a buzzkill - just a reality check.
stunting has come along way since 2001 leaps and bounds
Old 07-07-2004, 08:51 AM
BACK UP IN THAT ASS

GMO750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rsx929rr
stunting has come along way since 2001 leaps and bounds
True.

I'm not saying everyone should give up hope, or that it will never happen, I'm just providing info for the SL community.

I have lots of opinions based on experience, but, I guess opinions dont really mean much with this topic. Either things happen, or they dont. Period.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:12 PM

NickDavid is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly, I haven't seen any growth in the sport yet. Just from what i see and hear. It's still at the same level. Hopefully one day it will take off, but i haven't seen it happen yet.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:23 PM

03Black600rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdudgeonr6
just my , i dont care if stunting goes anywhere. for those of you putting your all into it i wish you the best!
i ride where ever i want too...i do wheelies or stoppies where ever i want too...
i dont care what it makes stunting look like...i do these thing because i love too. its for me and only me!!
-sean

Stunting is just something I want to do to impress people but I don't take it seriously and neither do most people.

Lets face guys...we all know this sport isn't going to go anywhere...lets just have fun with it.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:29 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 03Black600rr
Stunting is just something I want to do to impress people but I don't take it seriously and neither do most people.

Lets face guys...we all know this sport isn't going to go anywhere...lets just have fun with it.

That is so ignorant. Anyone who doubts that this sport will go mainstream is seriously uneducated. Look at rollerblading, skateboarding, biking, surfing, snowboarding, skiing...all of those extreme sports were just things people only did for fun, then it started to get bigger and bigger, and finally it went mainstream. I hear all these people talking **** about how stunting is "from the streets" and it's not something they do for money, so it shouldn't get big, well you are ****ing stupid. If you aren't a good enough skateboarder to compete in the x-games does that mean you shouldn't skateboard at all? No. There are still plenty of people who go out and enjoy those sports (skateboarding, snowboarding etc...) strictly on a recreational level, and there are people who love it more than anything, and are nasty at it, and want to compete. WHEN stunting goes mainstream it will divide all of us into two groups, the guys who just go out and do it for fun on there free time, and the guys who want to dedicate there lives to it.

The people who are hating on it going mainstream either A) suck at riding or B) Are too scared to match their **** against someone else.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:35 PM

Bee Sting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaxon23
you don't see dale earnhardt jr or ricky carmichael or pastrada tearing it up on the interstates or highways
I just want to be another one to bag this comment...
Where do you think most rally drivers practice? Back roads breaking the speed limit.
Where did all the base jumpers start? On top of buildings illegally.
Several people already mentioned street racing and street drags.
Gun related sports? Im sure they started by people shooting each other.
Airplane aerobatics.... probably the red baron.
Im sure theres heaps of sports where people practice illegally or the sport started illegally.
I have no doubt that this sport will be big in my life time.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:07 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

to me it doesnt matter where stunting goes..i stunt because i love doing it and its fun as ****..i like being known to people as the kid that does wheelies..i dont want this to be everyone sport or it to be on tv w/e then there will be 14 and 15 yr olds trying to get their mom to buy them gixxers or cbrs which is the last thing stunting needs..id say its fine where its at. we dont need tv or big names to be known..we all know each other and ride together..thats what it should be about
Old 10-11-2004, 12:46 PM

X-Rated has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak
The people who are hating on it going mainstream either A) suck at riding or B) Are too scared to match their **** against someone else.
or C) the same people that are depending on this "sport" to um "get paid" are the same people that are gonna be cleanin my pool and cuttin my grass.
I suggest to these diehards... competitive knitting?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:25 PM

louigi can only hope to improve

how do you turn away partying at crazy dans house?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:20 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point

I think stunting is getting much bigger and more acceptable to the extreme community as time passes. The biggest thing is getting big money sponsors involved and now that it's becoming a reality I think we'll see major gains in the near future. I know of some top secret, level 28 security, government classified **** that's gonna make this sport's progression more attainable. (don't ask...I won't tell...but you'll find out some day soon)

I mean, hell...people are even paying me to ride a damn motorcycle nowadays......you know something has changed when one of my dreams actually comes true!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Swurve is an unknown quantity at this point

We can Vote and talk about it all we want..but until we start putting some pressure on ESPN and the X-Games nuthins gunna happen.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/expn/index

There you go...go there and let them know whats up
Old 10-12-2004, 03:30 PM

X-Rated has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Swurve
We can Vote and talk about it all we want..but until we start putting some pressure on ESPN and the X-Games nuthins gunna happen.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/expn/index

There you go...go there and let them know whats up
yea I'm sure they spend 90% of their day readin forums
Old 10-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Swurve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by X-Rated
yea I'm sure they spend 90% of their day readin forums
Hell it's a start...the chances are higher that they read their forum more than this one
Old 10-15-2004, 09:29 AM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rotgg
amen i cant even ride at the drag strips here it is so hard to find a spot and when we do the tinticles of the large squid population soon find it and **** it up for us if we had a spot to ride any were close it would be on
i got a sweet spot across town(2 mile drive), shortly after i started stunting there people started to stop and watch me,most everyone praised me, and said i was crazy but they never imagined a motorcycle could be riden that way( all ages 15-60yr old) they loved it, which shows if you stay of the streets good things could come... anyways, then people start dropping of their kids to skate, i was like hell no you little bastards are gonna **** this up for me, so said im not resoncible if they get in my way and ran em out...and they aint been back since
Old 10-18-2004, 04:36 PM

atomic is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't read any of the replies in this topic yet, but that being said, I would personally like to keep it as a small, "underground" kind of thing. You know, to kinda keep the novelty to the sport, so the little girlies are all like "oo00ooh!!" when they see a wheelie. If it goes big, suddenly our skills wouldnt be so amazing to your average citizens, if you know what I mean

but in reality I do think this sport is going to become huge, right up there with skating and snowboarding. Ah well, thats okay with me too.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:24 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by X-Rated
or C) the same people that are depending on this "sport" to um "get paid" are the same people that are gonna be cleanin my pool and cuttin my grass.
I suggest to these diehards... competitive knitting?
man your pretty funny in the last 5 months''this sport has paid my house payments and bills as well as kept big chrome on the tahoe i mean come on your not a true stunna without big chrome.. anyway people keep hateing and people like me will keep on bringing more and more attention to this sport .and we will succeed because it's just work if you put your heart and soul into somthing it will come true and even if it doesn't make it to the x-games at least i can say i tried and had fun '''not sat on my keyboard and talked negative **** a bout my sport ....to all the haters see you on the sidelines bitches
Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 PM

codebluezx9r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigBalla
This is true-but does it stop people from streetracing?-As for FMX-back home-me and my friends got jumps that we do over 289, otherwise known as Preston rd in N. Texas(it's a big road)

Also-Just cause a sport goes Nation wide doesn't mean that you can't participate on a local level.

I believe that this sport will become as house-hold as any other x-treme sport. And I will do everything in my power and then some to see that this sport takes off. I'm gonna stick with it alwayz becuase i love it-no matter what, but i also want to be able to say that i live off of doing what i love.

If I had to relate my vision on the final stature of the sport, I believe that it will become most like the skateboard industry. It has much of the same aspects. It's very secluded, there are masses of people who have motorcycles and want to do the same things we are, it has a huge AAAWWW factor when tricks are performed with perfect skill-and now with the perfection and variation of the 12 o'clock it only requires almost the same demo space.

thanx for posting the poll Baker-keep it fresh on everyone's mind-were goin no-where but UP
Amen brotha......all i know is no matter how big the sport gets we will be ready........ya just gotta keep on keepin on...lifes a garden dig it!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 08:57 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Id like to turn on the TV and sit back and watch a stunt comp... id love that.

But also agree that if it gets on TV the stunts that people do would become less "amazing". All in all id have to say let it go big because it'd just be interesting to see to what level it goes and the new tricks.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:32 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Id like to turn on the TV and sit back and watch a stunt comp... id love that.

But also agree that if it gets on TV the stunts that people do would become less "amazing". All in all id have to say let it go big because it'd just be interesting to see to what level it goes and the new tricks.

i agree....it would be nice to see stunt comps on tv instead of having to wait for videos come out....no offense to those stunters that put out ill ****.....or only see it in mags......but i also feel that if it does end up on tv then you would have every street squid out there hurtin themselves and makin a bad name for riders..... .....i guess thats the trade off though...thats my

Quick Reply: Attn: All Stunters / Riders