Drag a knee

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:01 AM

dealsgapdragon is a decent person
Drag a knee

Since it's possible to drag a knee as slow as 15 mph in a parking lot, and its possible to drag an elbow in a parking lot, why is this not a "stunt" during competitions? Too boring? It looks impressive on a motard with combination knee-drag-esses, wheelies and stoppies.

Or do crash bars limit lean angle too much?

Does anyone make crash bars that allow max lean angle, suitable for racing or canyon carving?

Drag a knee at 21 mph in a hilly parking lot, 30-foot radius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQW_u2AZM8

8-year-old kid draggin elbow in parking lot with 10 foot radius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVlfZZXGmTI

Sportbike draggin elbow in a parking lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjR5uQoKNQ

Motard wheelie/stoppie/knee-drag-esses on this DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTty9EyG_QM

Last edited by dealsgapdragon; 10-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:07 AM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person
Re: Drag a knee

race rails
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

im not really impressed
Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

any cage ive had you can still get full lean angle with. as for making it a part of a stunt show, its just not impressive to see especially at a low speed. knee dragging is impressive in high speed cornering not 20mph in a parking lot.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 AM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

drifting looks more impressive to me
Old 10-01-2009, 01:25 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

because dragging knee is just what you showed, something a 8 year old can easily do.

dragging knee takes little skill... going around a track fast takes lots of skill, but there is already a sport for that, it's called racing...

I guess we could also add jumps to a stunt coarse, make half the track dirt, and basically turn it into one big ******* circus. Have people pulling super mans through the air, dragging knee through a sweeper, throwing roost throw a burn, and rocking rev limiter coasters down the main stretch.

btw If you want to drag knee, or drag elbow in a comp, your more then welcome to, whatever trick you want to do, you can do, just good luck scoring points dragging knee
Old 10-01-2009, 03:41 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

we drag knee in wheelies!!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

+ 1 to what everyone else said. hand dragging stranger drifts would be pimp
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 AM

Gsxr_junkie is an unknown quantity at this point

dragging knee around a turn takes more skill then what you might think... there are people that have been riding for 20 years and cant do it. Im not saying its the hardest thing to do by all means but it does take precision with your throttle hand when at 10k. the bike can easily low side or highside if not done smoothly.

also the reason the kid can drag elbow is because he isnt using his knee properly. the knee should have 0 weight on it. its used to judge lean angle. He is resting the weight bike on his knee and then leaning way over to drag his elbow. Doing a knee drag on a pocket bike or 50 is retarded easy. i wouldn't think that kid even if he rode a big bike would last 2 seconds into a turn with that form
Old 10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Jus Sayin

~TK~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gsxr_junkie
also the reason the kid can drag elbow is because he isnt using his knee properly. the knee should have 0 weight on it. its used to judge lean angle. He is resting the weight bike on his knee and then leaning way over to drag his elbow. Doing a knee drag on a pocket bike or 50 is retarded easy. i wouldn't think that kid even if he rode a big bike would last 2 seconds into a turn with that form
I do the same thing with the toe of my shoe
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

hit some clovers or a track day if you wanna drag some knee. even a caveman can do it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:57 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

dragging knee around a turn takes more skill then what you might think...
I dragged knee at the old Loudon race track when I was 17 years old during the Penguin racing school. I had been riding for a year or so before that, but with in the weekend class I was able to drag my knee.

It took me months, just to get BP on a R1 almost 15 years later.

Dragging knee is NOT that hard, being the faster knee dragger on the other hand is really hard!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

dragging knee around a turn takes more skill then what you might think... there are people that have been riding for 20 years and cant do it. Im not saying its the hardest thing to do by all means but it does take precision with your throttle hand when at 10k. the bike can easily low side or highside if not done smoothly.

I was dragging knee before I even ever attempted a wheelie on a 1989 sport bike

Sure I had shitty technique, hanging way off the bike forcing myself to drag knee, and not really hitting corners as hard as I possibly could, but still it was dragging knee.

The reason that kid can drag elbow is because he is on a pocket bike. Ever ride a 50? I can drag knee on my 50 ALL DAY lol

Dragging knee is NOT that hard, being the faster knee dragger on the other hand is really hard!
+1 EXACTLY
Takes very little skill to get a knee down, takes skill to get that knee down and make good lap times.
But the thing is, this ISN'T RACING, so no one cares what your lap times are lol..

If you want, you can drag knee in a stunt comp, no one is banning you from doing it.. Just don't expect to get a high score doing a 'stunt' that is soo easy.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

dragging knee around a turn takes more skill then what you might think... there are people that have been riding for 20 years and cant do it.
20 years? Those people are called "vaginas'. Dragging a knee is not 'tough'
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by -sketchy-
20 years? Those people are called "vaginas'. Dragging a knee is not 'tough'
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
20 years? Those people are called "sandy vaginas'. Dragging a knee is not 'tough'
fixed it for ya
Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

I am amazed at how much respect that we are giving to a knee dragger on this site. Do you know how many haters are on the racing forums when it comes to shitting on stunters? If I wasn't IP bolcked, I'd send you some links to the Honda CBR racing page where they were talking **** with us.

+1 for hazing this guy right out of the box
Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

To simply get your knee down around a corner all it takes is a little ***** and bad body positioning.

The first day I got leathers back in 2001 or so I went out and wore my right knee puck down in some clover leaves on the street.

Are you really bitching about the form a 3 foot tall EIGHT YEAR OLD has on a pocket bike and how he would do on a big bike? :rofl:

Getting a knee down at slow speed in a contest would look stupid. However if you had titanium pucks throwing sparks while you drifted at speed with a knee down that could be cool.

Might look alright dragging elbow if the lot was big enough to go fast, get the revs high (loud), and use a titanium pad to throw lots of sparks.

I've been riding 10 years and have never had my elbow down while still on the bike. Dragging elbow has some potential.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Hell, i even drag helmet from time to time
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

dragging a knee isnt that hard. i was doing that consistently after about 4 months of riding. i had never rode a motorcycle prior to that. just face the facts that dragging your knee really isnt all that hard to do...especially when you compare it to what goes down at a stunt comp. those people that have rode for 20 years and cant drag a knee just need to grow a set of ***** and go for it.

Quick Reply: Drag a knee