acerbis w/ HID ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 AM

tanrod is a decent person
acerbis w/ HID ??

has anybody heard of anyone running HIDs on any of the acerbis headlights. i know you can put them in the big ugly headlights that they make but i was thinking more along the lines of the cyclops or something else small like that, i tried to search for it but i wouldnt be asking if i found anything haha. thnx
Old 09-30-2009, 12:55 PM

ProEater is a decent person
Re: acerbis w/ HID ??

yea its the same as if you were installing them on regular headlights.

find out what bulb size the cyclops or whichever has... buy the hid kit and install.

i did this before with acerbis diamond and it worked fine. if you want to save cash you can try to match the second light with a hyperwhite bulb or something non HID. oh yea, theres some wiring to hide and what not but its easy stuff.

if you get a slim ballast it may be easier to mount behind the acerbis (assuming you dont have fairings to tuck it behind)
Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

look online there's how-to's all over for putting HID's in acerbis lights
Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 PM

well ive seen HID used on the cyclops bc of the big left light has enough room to fit the bulb but how do you fit the bulb in the diamond? wouldnt the HID bulb hit the lens that the stock bulb went into
Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

ProEater is a decent person

Originally Posted by tanrod
well ive seen HID used on the cyclops bc of the big left light has enough room to fit the bulb but how do you fit the bulb in the diamond? wouldnt the HID bulb hit the lens that the stock bulb went into

dude i just googled acerbis HID and 3 how to's came up.

and no if you find out the bulb size and get a HID for that size it should fit. if there are small lights that you cant find HIDs for then get hyperwhites or some matching regular bulb and do HID for the larger lens....
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ProEater
dude i just googled acerbis HID and 3 how to's came up.

and no if you find out the bulb size and get a HID for that size it should fit. if there are small lights that you cant find HIDs for then get hyperwhites or some matching regular bulb and do HID for the larger lens....
I know there are how to on google for the cyclops.... I know you can put them on that headlight, I wondering if anyone has put HIDs in the dhh or the daimond or the acerbis headlights that run the small little round lights. The HIDs have a much longer bulb so they don't fit in that lens. The closest thing I have seen for HIDs on the dhh is someone put HID projection fog lights in a custom housing where the factory lights would go