who are the dudes that do all the wheelies on the dirtbikes in the middle of town

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: who are the dudes that do all the wheelies on the dirtbikes in the middle of town

THE SPORT!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:31 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person
Re: who are the dudes that do all the wheelies on the dirtbikes in the middle of town

Originally Posted by Zuki750
That was my first street bike. I wish I still had it.
I had one too! My first bike was an 85 V-Max in 86, then got the FZ 600 when it came out. I could ride 4 gears on that camel..... haha
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM

I gotta put in my here. Is it part of the "sport"? Yes and no. Yes they are 2 motorcycle related sports, but they are equally different. I know I'm gonna get flack from the kid bike riders out there, but 50's are about as easy to ride as a dirt bike or trials. I am not hating on anyone, but there are certain things that are the same between the 2 genre of bikes, but they are far from the same.

Those dudes have a lot of skill, but I was doing that **** back in the late 80's on FZ 600's and Ninja 600's. Killing the streets is one thing, but lots riding is totally different. Most streeters can't even ride in a lot and some lot riders can't rock the streets. If these dudes had a little bit of lot riding mixed into their video, then we could say that they're part of the same sport.
But I have to agree, dirt bikes are a step below full fairing street bikes.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

I can do wheelies in the street on a streetbike, go fast and drag a knee at the track, and I'm learning to hold idle and do the slow stuff in the lots. ROC taught me I dont know **** when it comes to trying to rock my lot bike in the streets, but I still had fun trying to find BP on I-70 and stuff in StL. If I put in a lil more seat time on the lot bike playing out in the streets, it'd start to click eventually. any way you dice it, it's an expensive hobby/sport if you go about it in a legit manner. props to those people that do their thing, keep doin it!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:32 PM

drewbeckleyz is a decent person

Good for them. It's still lame.
the guys you are watching arent very good...
i see guys that kill motards, theres not as many as good supermoto stunt riders as street bike, probably about a fraction.

http://www.vimeo.com/3777040

its funny they are so related that, I hear this argument all the time. And to get really consistent on either is difficult

it will take you the same time to learn coasters into sitdown circles on either. its ****** hard

Last edited by drewbeckleyz; 09-30-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by drewbeckleyz
the guys you are watching arent very good...
i see guys that kill motards, theres not as many as good street bike stunt riders probably about a fraction.

http://www.vimeo.com/3777040

its funny they are so related that, I hear this argument all the time. And to get really consistent on either is difficult

it will take you the same time to learn coasters into sitdown circles on either. its ****** hard
it took me 5 tries to learn coasters on a dirt bike and 3 days to be consistent with sit down circles. 3 years later i can still only get 2 or 3 sitdown circles on my big bike. when you can do sitdown circles on a big bike then tell ppl your comparison of the 2. a motard is FAR easier to ride in any aspect than a big bike.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:58 PM

+1
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

I didn't say that. I said they don't have anything to do with the sport side of it. You're the one who brought the word sport into it. Anyway, I couldn't care less about guys riding wheelies on dirt bikes. Do it on a real bike.
first off i dont even think you know how to ride a wheelie on a big bike yet alone a 2 stroke 85 in the streets of bmore, and these dudes have mad bike control annd rock blocks longer than ive ever seen regardless of street bike or dirtbike, you have no idea what the **** you are talkin about until you've rode with them.so before you downtalk, and until i see you killin it on anykind of "real bike" you can go **** yourself.....

BMORE STREETS
Old 09-30-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
it took me 5 tries to learn coasters on a dirt bike and 3 days to be consistent with sit down circles. 3 years later i can still only get 2 or 3 sitdown circles on my big bike. when you can do sitdown circles on a big bike then tell ppl your comparison of the 2. a motard is FAR easier to ride in any aspect than a big bike.
surely you have a video to show me right?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

a video of what?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM

a video of what?
of you doing cirlces on a motard
Old 09-30-2009, 01:31 PM

of you doing cirlces on a motard
well im sorry ive got a blown acl at the moment but as soon as im able to ride again my first priority will be borrowing someones motard to video circles of myself on so i can keep my stuntlife reputation in tact.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
first off i dont even think you know how to ride a wheelie on a big bike yet alone a 2 stroke 85 in the streets of bmore, and these dudes have mad bike control annd rock blocks longer than ive ever seen regardless of street bike or dirtbike, you have no idea what the **** you are talkin about until you've rode with them.so before you downtalk, and until i see you killin it on anykind of "real bike" you can go **** yourself.....

BMORE STREETS
I never said they weren't better than me. I don't ride wheelies and never pretended I did. There are plenty of things I can't do that don't impress me. I can't say as I've ever seen a video out of bmore that impressed me. 90% of the stunters form there are annoying anyway.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Are you new here? I've never known Neil to make **** up. He just tells it like it is. Sometimes he's a bit harsh but he's almost always funny.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM

I never said they weren't better than me. I don't ride wheelies and never pretended I did. There are plenty of things I can't do that don't impress me. I can't say as I've ever seen a video out of bmore that impressed me. 90% of the stunters form there are annoying anyway.
lol wait wait wait. are you honestly shitting on a whole city of riders? and if youve never seen a video out of baltimore that impressed you then you sir are unimpresseable if thats even a word. i mean if youre just talking about the dirtbike guys, whatever thats fine, but i hope youre not referring to the street riders in baltimore. and what do you mean by annoying? am i annoying?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I can't say as I've ever seen a video out of bmore that impressed me.
back on the block. one of the sickest - if not the sickest street dvd ive ever seen
Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 PM

well im sorry ive got a blown acl at the moment but as soon as im able to ride again my first priority will be borrowing someones motard to video circles of myself on so i can keep my stuntlife reputation in tact.
ok Ill be waiting, and make sure its a long coaster straight into the circles. not a coaster then sit downs
Old 09-30-2009, 01:39 PM

lol wait wait wait. are you honestly shitting on a whole city of riders? and if youve never seen a video out of baltimore that impressed you then you sir are unimpresseable if thats even a word. i mean if youre just talking about the dirtbike guys, whatever thats fine, but i hope youre not referring to the street riders in baltimore. and what do you mean by annoying? am i annoying?
No, there are a few riders out of bmore that I respect. You are one of them. I guess it boils down to the attitude surrounding most of the videos I've seen. I'm not saying I've seen them all but I just find it annoying. I guess it's the same way most stuntriders are. I just get that vibe that they think they are so badass that nobody else can do it right.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 PM

ok Ill be waiting, and make sure its a long coaster straight into the circles. not a coaster then sit downs
lol ok ill write that down on my calender. then you post up video of you doing circles on a big bike.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM

No, there are a few riders out of bmore that I respect. You are one of them. I guess it boils down to the attitude surrounding most of the videos I've seen. I'm not saying I've seen them all but I just find it annoying. I guess it's the same way most stuntriders are. I just get that vibe that they think they are so badass that nobody else can do it right.
can you reference a video? cuz nobody i ride with has that attitude here.

Quick Reply: who are the dudes that do all the wheelies on the dirtbikes in the middle of town