mac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
how did you learn wheelieing.....tell us your story

did a pro teach you?
or maybe you tought your self
how long did it take you?
Old 07-25-2003, 10:29 PM

image4you2see is an unknown quantity at this point
Cuz!!!!

All the kool kids were doing it so i thought i would follow just like we all do!!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:53 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
We all started on bmx bikes when we were little kids
Old 07-25-2003, 10:56 PM
ScooterTrashST.com

NICK HILL is a decent person
once upon a time i had a flat front tire on my motorbike. i didnt have any air so i used helium..... end of story
Old 07-25-2003, 10:59 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
i learned the stupid way....
i got pissed off
and then i got on my bike (bad moove)
and i rip that **** in first and it came off the ground
Old 07-26-2003, 04:26 PM

jethro426 is an unknown quantity at this point
twist, dont stroke and it will come up
Old 07-26-2003, 05:19 PM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Always braught the front end up by accident a little verynow and then. A couple months ago I wanted to really learn how to wheelie though. Some say I'm great at it but then I check some pics and vids on here and I know I got a LONG way to go. You ask how long it took but aren't we all still learning somewhat? Changing form, riding distance and so on.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:25 PM

blurrymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm learning now thanks to some people on this board. but i'm too much of a ***** to ride it out
Old 07-26-2003, 05:59 PM

Burt The Hurt is an unknown quantity at this point
how i learned

I had a friend bring me out to watch some guys do some stunts and that was it, I watched them for like five minutes and I wanted to be as good as they were. Not there yet, but I'm on my way...
Old 07-26-2003, 07:00 PM
ScooterTrashST.com

NICK HILL is a decent person
honestly get a friend to video tape you. it will help you find your "spot" when i first started riding wheelies i thought i was going to flip the bike when i wasnt even close. it wasnt until i saw myself on tape that i started to make progress.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:09 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
been riding wheelies on my mountain bike since I was 8 or 9. been on dirt bikes since I was 4. Finally got a street bike and it sounded like a good idea to learn on it. the day I got it I was clutching 1st gears up and run it out of rpms. 5 months later I have my freeway wheelies on lock (stand or sit) and I'm learning how to do slower stuff now.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:09 PM

Diviniti is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NICK HILL
honestly get a friend to video tape you. it will help you find your "spot" when i first started riding wheelies i thought i was going to flip the bike when i wasnt even close. it wasnt until i saw myself on tape that i started to make progress.

right on. i think thats the best way also.. i felt the same way. I would be 1' up and think i was about to loop it.
after seeing video it gives you a feeling point of how high you can go.

Old 07-27-2003, 12:07 AM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NICK HILL
So true, even pics will help. It usually tells me how much better I need to be, and how I'm not ****
Old 07-27-2003, 12:55 AM

hcaz095 is an unknown quantity at this point
learnin eh?

i was a bike fiend...i started out on bmx and mountain bikes, that **** was easy, but i also rode my bike everyday, just like i ride one of my motorcycles everyday now.

i was never super popular, always somewheres in the middle and i came out fo nowhere in 5th grade when i blew this kid out of the water on ym bmx with a block longer, 200 feet or whatever was alot more than his meezy 50-60....everyone was like wtf....but then i grew up and bmx bikes didnt fit so much..mountain bike and the sit down phase started, rockin the slow **** in 3rd gear, rollin like 3 mph doing half circles and circles, riding around corners just for fun...allt his while i was playing on my dirtbike i acquired in 8th grade i think, my first one was impossible to wheelie, and '74 ty80 trials bike, piece of **** but a blast as a kid, my bike was a used '89 xt350, big for me in 8th grade due to the increase in size...what a blast in the sand etc...really started on that in high school rockin sit down in 2nd, riding em out...after i got my bike liscense i started with the 4/5th gear standup on both passenger pegs and ride em around at 45-50 mph all over, 1-2 miles when my bike finally died anfter many many years of abuse...

now that i ahve my TL, it is only fitting that i needed to start stunting, i really like the challenge of learning slow wheelies again...i have a far way to go, they are so much cooler, plus hangin out with guys like -curt(jackassRR), crazy J, Weber from IBWS, i see what i want to aspire to...having the skills on lockdown...plus i dont have much else to do with my spare time...brake control is a dif world than throttle control...th TL is great but i would rather have a smoother and lighter bike to learn on, plus the clutch is awful stiff (1 finger is kinda tuff)

stuntin is great, dont forget it

lata kids