regarding kid injured at gearfest

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: regarding kid injured at gearfest

Originally Posted by Lit
None of this would of happen if there were proper barriers.
I'm glad you go to events and make sure proper barriers are installed.

Sucks for the kid, but all the barriers in the world wouldn't have stopped him from standing ON the barrier..

kinda like when a kid gets mauled in a zoo, he didn't get mauled because the tiger LEAVES the cage, he gets mauled for jumping the fence, or standing on it!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

rather than bitching about barriers, pro or con, it seems like a good opportunity to take the pulse of the industry, and hammer out whether or not safety protocols, like mandatory concrete barriers wouldn't be a good idea to enforce.

It's realistic to think something similar could happen in the future, and it seems like part of the progression of an organized pro sport has to be safety considerations. Crowd safety is a big one, and having tough standards, though they're hard to live with, is a strong selling point.

IIRC the sport is still trying to help Halfrican sell himself.

Go for the rich fat chicks, man, they'll pay you more.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I'm glad you go to events and make sure proper barriers are installed.

Sucks for the kid, but all the barriers in the world wouldn't have stopped him from standing ON the barrier..

kinda like when a kid gets mauled in a zoo, he didn't get mauled because the tiger LEAVES the cage, he gets mauled for jumping the fence, or standing on it!
hopefully security, and good parenting stops kids from standing on the barriers. better to have the barriers than not.

I've been to a lot of shows and a couple of comps where there weren't always adequate barriers, but things are coming along.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'll been to a show with NO barriers... I agree that strong saftey regs need to be mandated and enforced
Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 PM

Lockmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the 50 idea! lets make this happen!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 PM

StuntBlondie is a decent person

Ok so its a no go on the 50. Apparently they do have a yamaha 50 but they thanked everyone for the consideration. They are totally suprised by all the packages and support everyone has shown. They really act like its no big deal. Anyway Im going to go personally see Killian sometime this week so Ill post a pic of the little guy!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 AM

His name is Killian? How ******* awesome is that?

He'll be dropping that "a" if he keeps hanging out with this crew.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 AM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Originally Posted by excessa
his name is killian? How ******* awesome is that?

He'll be dropping that "a" if he keeps hanging out with this crew.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 AM

I hope the kid keeps getting care packages for a long time. they spaz out from joy over that kind of stuff.

One of the best things Christian got was a letter from a rider about his crew in NYC and a photo of his pet Sunshine, a huge yellow snake who looked like she was smiling. No toy, just an awesome snake photo and a get well note with some thought about what kids like to hear about behind it. The photos of people on their bikes, or smiling next to their rides were a huge hit too.

Just some thoughts for those who, like me, are on a supertight budget, but want to show love. I've got a lot of compassion for little kids.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by nolimitriderz
I can just picture what his mom will go through. "No you may not change your name to Killin It. Stop pestering me about that, and go clean your room."
Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'd let my kid change their name it killin it.... except my daughter. I cant have a daughter named killin it
Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

so did this kid's parents lawyer up yet or what?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Our sons name is Murder.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:07 AM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

pm me the address. SickInnovations will ship some shirts and stickers.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

PM ME THE ADRESS TOO. I CAN SEND SOME GOT BAIL SHIRTS AND MAD STICKERS!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Gad I just want to eat you all up.

I still need the addy too.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Post Whore Nazi

PM me an address. I'll get some stuff sent out
Old 10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
stuntastic

blue squid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by towlieee
i'm glad you go to events and make sure proper barriers are installed.

sucks for the kid, but all the barriers in the world wouldn't have stopped him from standing on the barrier..

Kinda like when a kid gets mauled in a zoo, he didn't get mauled because the tiger leaves the cage, he gets mauled for jumping the fence, or standing on it!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

can i get some dvds **** i might *** well be in a hospital here in iraq so ****** bored LOL
Old 10-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by trz
can i get some dvds **** i might *** well be in a hospital here in iraq so ****** bored LOL

Fine with me. I got one or two somewhere. PM an Addy and I'll see what I can do, no promises though

Quick Reply: regarding kid injured at gearfest