BRAKES? advice please

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM

r6roadrash is a decent person
BRAKES? advice please

hey i just got new galfer lines and i got all kinds of pressure in them but i cant even get the rear tire up no matter how hard i hammer it. my stock rubber ones started to get bulges in them so i replaced them with the galfer after installing them and bleeding the **** outa them i tryed hamming them and the just seam spongy still, i noticed that the hole in the galfers is much smaller then my stock ones is that a problem. galfers say 3.2mm and i think my stock ones said 1/8 but im not sure what do you guys think my problem is? did i **** myself by buying the galfers
Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: BRAKES? advice please

did you spill any fluid on the pads or rotors?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I bought generic teflon coated stainless steel lines and put on EBC pads... After bleeding them, My brakes SCARE me. I doubt you fucked yourself, but cant be sure. Try to flush the whole system. Make sure everything is tight, use new fluid, and bleed bleed bleed bleed bleed. Did you change pads too?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 PM

yeah i spilt fluid, when i bleed them it sprayed everywhere. i spryed it off with a **** ton of brake clean.

no i didnt put on new pads
Old 09-23-2009, 03:57 PM

bleed, tell me about it ive ran 2 12oz bottles.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

When you bleed them this time, put a piece of surgical tubing over the nub that the fluid comes out of (the actual term escapes me). That will prevent fluid from spraying everywhere. Start over. That sounds like the best place to begin... the begining. Clean everything REALLY well with blake clean and be sure to be careful that no fluid gets on parts. Fluid also eats paint.... be aware.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:01 PM

its not that the brakes dont work its that i cant pop up the rear anymore
im thinking i might have some brake fluid soaked in my pads.

but you guys dont think by having a smaller hole in the opening of the line matters. i was thinkin i wasnt getting as much pressure behind my pistons as i used to and that is why but i dont know any info on this will help.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 PM

thanks mohawk, but i know i have cleaned it all out and sprayed everything down used new fluid and all. i know what im doing at least i think i do
i am an automechanic. i know how brakes work but im think the inner size of the line might be my prob. or oily brakes
and they are called bleeder valves thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Make sure you are using HIGH quality fluid. Something with a HIGH boiling point.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Aiight. So you know. And bleeder valve. got it. The smaller inner diameter should create MORE pressure, shouldn't?

I guess if the fluid has soaked into the pads, it is time for better ones
Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Change your pads.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

Water cleans brake fluid really well FYI when ur bleeding brakes.
Get new pads re bleed wit old pads in then place new pads in after hosing off ur master bleeder screws n calipers.
Problem solved
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Where in Sactown you at? I used to live in Elverta right outside of Rio Linda
Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 PM

alright i had some other pads that werent oil i put them in after cleaning it off and still no good. that leads me to belive that the only thing left to try is drill out that hole bigger. what you guys think dumb?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Post Whore Nazi

BAD IDEA. Drilling leaves shavings. If it is that big of a deal, buy NEW OEM lines and throw them on.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM

yo thanks for all the help i got it fixed now, i took the pads out sprayed them off rubbed them with some sand paper as well as the rotors and poped it up on the front wheel my first time. now all i got to do before i go to the lot is clean my front tire off that **** is covered with brake fluid . btw i guess my assumption didnt matter,with the thinner line. but it didnt feel anybetter than the stock ones, thanks all for your help and your smartass comments i love it all.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:25 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Where in Sactown you at? I used to live in Elverta right outside of Rio Linda
I live in Orangevale now....been all over this place I the last 12 years....
Did u used to go to AECcycle? And I do kno elverta
pretty well