Righteous Stunt Clutches Shipping NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:20 PM

Scott982 is a decent person
Re: Righteous Stunt Clutches Shipping NOW!!

Originally Posted by bdhstunt
that's what I was affraid of it finger on urea hb needs to be at the end of your lever for good feel & power
My handbrake is only setup like that because I broke the long lever on my brembo so I threw on a shorty lever from my motard to use until I get another one.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:58 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Scott982
My handbrake is only setup like that because I broke the long lever on my brembo so I threw on a shorty lever from my motard to use until I get another one.

I'll check urs out tonight
Old 09-29-2009, 04:17 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by THORPE

I'm pretty sure it goes in where the bolt that holds the lever to the perch is. Usually in the lever itself. Probably won't make a bit of noticeable difference.

I'm sure the bushing is just fine for a long time.

Righteous, I know you originally planned to put them in there but they were too steep.

Have you checked into bearings at http://www.vxb.com ?

THey are fairly priced.

Maybe something like these:

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/626ZZ20

Yeah! Those sealed type units are what I'm planing on using in the bearing option model. Good call.

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
Glass blower ayyy?! Hahahaaa since you already have my monayyy.. What about a sweet custom krazy Kyle Style glass that has been blowwnn worth $73 lol
I'm a glass blower with a broken foot right now, bro. I'ld be happy to make you a custom piece when I'm back on my feet, though!

Originally Posted by chipottley
I was going to ask about the tab idea for us Honda guys. I would love to have the ability to hook my clutch switch back up instead of leavin it disconnected, which is a little hillbilly IMO. should i do it myself, or are you planning on something?

Either way, I'm gonna stay down for ya R1 and do my best to help you get this thing off the ground. I just love to see a come up like this!
I'm not planning on a clutch tab redesign, but thank you for the idea! Do it yourself for now, bro. Thanks for the support!

Originally Posted by chipottley
Alright, time for my review of the Righteous E-Z Pull Shorty Clutch Lever ProToType.

I'm not going to be as critical as others, because I can see the tremendous potential here. not to mention, I absolutely LOVE being involved in the idea that's being birthed here ( a new product being born from the gruond up.)

So, I got it in the mail (sweet disclaimer LoL) and put it on (pretty easy/trouble-free install) and this thing looks Boss as ****!

R&D advice: (not nessessarily negative)

1. Deburring could be a little cleaner (but it still looks great!)

2. A clutch switch tab IS A MUST for us Honda riders. (a huge part of the market!)

3. The lever needs to be about 1/2 inch longer to clear the headlight switch housing (which can't really be relocated nicely) and for 2 finger pull option.

Full length lever will be available soon.

4. The lever needs to be just a little further out to prevent clutch slippage and hitting the clip-on (already being fixed I hear.)

Yes!

5. Occationally, the lever doesn't fully return, causing clutch slippage. (it's the lever, not the bike/Me/Install). I took mine apart and ground it down just a little and presto! problem solved.

We are redesigning the bushing and using a new bolt. All shipping replacements and orders will have this upgrade. This should solve any binding issues.

All in all, it's a Great Lever at a great price. once we get these few issues dealt with, this thing is going to be the one to beat, for sure!

Great job R1 !!!!!!!! let's keep this thing movin!
Thanks again for the support!

Originally Posted by bdhstunt
that's what I was affraid of it finger on urea hb needs to be at the end of your lever for good feel & power
Full length lever will accomodate your style...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

$65 for a god damn lever...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
$65 for a god damn lever...
Actually.....$75. The promotional price is $65. If you can"t understand why the price of this setup is $75, and how it could quite possibly be the last lever you ever buy........then it's not for you..

Thanks for your interest, though!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM

crash crowley is a decent person

i want two.how do i get them.im new to stuntlife and havent got this whole place figured out yet.lol
Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by crash crowley
i want two.how do i get them.im new to stuntlife and havent got this whole place figured out yet.lol
If you want two RSC's....paypal $146 to....

supernova@willitsonline.com

Be sure to include your shipping address and Stuntlife user name.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yo Righteous - whats up???? Did the new perchs go out yet? You havent posted anything up yet so I'm assuming they havent? I'm sure if they did go out you woulda posted new pics and confirmed that they went out. Reply to the PM I sent you. I sent back the complete setup - perch/lever and all screws that were on it - the complete thing in one piece. I wanna make sure that if you did send out the replacement that you sent me a complete setup or if you didn't send it out yet that you know to send me a complete perch with lever. Hit me back holmes.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

I was wondering the same thing!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:31 PM

Sorry guys. My doctors appts and lack of access to a PC have left me stranded from being able to communicate w/ you. The new revised setupd DID ship out yesterday afternoon. After recieving the revised perches from the machinist, I was unsatisfied w/ the finish/deburing of the perches, and ended up spending 4 hours with my wife and a friend cleaning up the perches to my liking. I'm sorry for the day delay, but they are shipped out. I haven't even had time to take pics. I'll probably be able to get to that tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Yo Righteous - whats up???? Did the new perchs go out yet? You havent posted anything up yet so I'm assuming they havent? I'm sure if they did go out you woulda posted new pics and confirmed that they went out. Reply to the PM I sent you. I sent back the complete setup - perch/lever and all screws that were on it - the complete thing in one piece. I wanna make sure that if you did send out the replacement that you sent me a complete setup or if you didn't send it out yet that you know to send me a complete perch with lever. Hit me back holmes.
I gotcha, bro!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

crash crowley is a decent person

i know im probably being a pain in the *** but my comnputer wont let me go to where i need to be.am i able to get one through a website or something cause i def want to try one out.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

once you get the final version done, I'll post it in some AZ racing and bikerboyz sites I go to. they'd probably buy a couple to match their fancy chrome brake res caps, haha
Old 10-02-2009, 03:00 PM

Sooooo.......here's a few pics of the changes made to the original(flawed) perch that was sent out originally. As you can see, we shaved down some of the bulkyness of the perch clamp area to accomodate more setups. Also, we cut the correct(deeper) angle into the perchs to allow the lever more travel as well as distance to the bar, giving it a stance VERY similiar to an MSR. I have also changed the bolt/bushing design. After a little more R&D, we have decided to go with a Delrin bushing that more or less presses into the lever and rotates on a "shoulder" bolt. Delrin is a somewhat "self-lubricating" material similiar to Teflon. This will ensure that the tolerances of the lever bore will never change due to use w/ a metallic bushing. The Delrin bushing gives the setup a very "buttery feel. I have sent all redesigned perches out with a new bolt and TWO new bushings. We haven't had enough time to test the Delrins life expectancy in this application. The initial tests seem very positive for a long life expectancy. If this isn't the case in the long run, I will send out a replacement press-in metalic bushing. Allthough the Delrin is somewhat "self-lubricating", I recomend using a silicone based spray lubricant to keep things smooth and silky. I'm excited to start hearing about everyones thoughts and experiences with this new and improved design.

Name:  IMG_1524-1.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1526.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1527.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1529.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  88.7 KB
Old 10-02-2009, 03:13 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

are those the old ones re-machined or new ones?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:15 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

did you hook one up to your bike to test the travel distance of the lever? and any final pics of the whole setup?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
i "think" they're the old ones re machined
Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
They're actually new ones. He had only made 25 when we found out the original problem. He says he can remachine the old ones when we get them back.....so far I've only gotten 3 out of 22.

did you hook one up to your bike to test the travel distance of the lever? and any final pics of the whole setup?
Yes! It's VERY similiar to an MSR.....the way my prototype was.

I'll get pics on the bike this evening. I'm at the glass gallery now.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
They're actually new ones. He had only made 25 when we found out the original problem. He says he can remachine the old ones when we get them back.....so far I've only gotten 3 out of 22.
mines on the way back - sent you the tracking number the other day. nice he made new ones that fast lol.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:51 PM

mines on the way back - sent you the tracking number the other day. nice he made new ones that fast lol.
Yeah.......he's an interesting guy to deal with, to say the least.

Quick Reply: Righteous Stunt Clutches Shipping NOW!!