Righteous Stunt Clutches Shipping NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person
Re: Righteous Stunt Clutches Shipping NOW!!

WELL......................I got mine last night (SUPER ******* FAST SHIPPING - THANKS R1!)

I'll post pics and a short write up when I get home.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:51 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but 80? Kinda pricey. But looks good.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Talen
yeah but 80? Kinda pricey. But looks good.
The main thing is you're paying $80 to R&D this guy's product. That seems weak.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
O.T.L.

ANTI-SOCIAL is a decent person

This Dude is 2 legit 2 QUIT !

I really appologize guys......I didn't get to test the finished product before I sent out the orders due to my crushed foot. Incidentally, the perches sent out with your order are not machined in accordance with my prototype, and the angle of the lever is inward as such that the lever is too close to the bar, with no room for adjustment or personalization. I talked to the machinist this morning, and he promised me new perches with the correct angle, very similiar to an MSR on Tuesday. So....once again, I appologize. Do not try to mount your unit until you get this new perch in the mail, unless you want to be dissappointed.... :-( .....I wish my foot hadn't gotten so fucked up, and I woulda tested the final thing before I shipped.

If you can send back the perch you have, we can machine it to the correct specifications for a future order and not loose out on those pieces of work. I will paypal you $15 upon receiving your perch. I hope you all understand.

Sorry.....and thanks for your patience. -Josh
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ANTI-SOCIAL
This Dude is 2 legit 2 QUIT !

I really appologize guys......I didn't get to test the finished product before I sent out the orders due to my crushed foot. Incidentally, the perches sent out with your order are not machined in accordance with my prototype, and the angle of the lever is inward as such that the lever is too close to the bar, with no room for adjustment or personalization. I talked to the machinist this morning, and he promised me new perches with the correct angle, very similiar to an MSR on Tuesday. So....once again, I appologize. Do not try to mount your unit until you get this new perch in the mail, unless you want to be dissappointed.... :-( .....I wish my foot hadn't gotten so fucked up, and I woulda tested the final thing before I shipped.

If you can send back the perch you have, we can machine it to the correct specifications for a future order and not loose out on those pieces of work. I will paypal you $15 upon receiving your perch. I hope you all understand.

Sorry.....and thanks for your patience. -Josh
Thanks, bro!

I was just coming over to explain in this thread.

Thanks for your patience, guys. I'm doing what I can.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by inolen
The main thing is you're paying $80 to R&D this guy's product. That seems weak.
Thing is...R&D allready been done. I failed on testing the final perch run, which was different than my prototype....my fault, but not too big of a deal.The clutch is being produced as you see it, but with the correct lever angle. Everyone's going to have their own two cents to throw in. If I listen to everyone, I'll never have a lever to sell!

If you don't think it's worth $65, then don't buy it. ANY full billet perch/lever setup on the market is more than DOUBLE that price.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Thing is...R&D allready been done. I failed on testing the final perch run, which was different than my prototype....my fault, but not too big of a deal.The clutch is being produced as you see it, but with the correct lever angle. Everyone's going to have their own two cents to throw in. If I listen to everyone, I'll never have a lever to sell!

If you don't think it's worth $65, then don't buy it. ANY full billet perch/lever setup on the market is more than DOUBLE that price.

i dont want to make it sound like your product isnt nice... but MOST, not all, billet products you get these days come with some sorta Anodizing and alil better finished product.. which adds to the price. i dunno if they were all like this but were it was debur'd from the machining process.. it got alil sloppy in some spots... not a big deal. but something that the higher priced products dont have. either way... i hope once i get the new perch and weld alil tip onto the lever this thing will be bitch'n!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

The price isn't a problem at all.

It just seemed that you never did R&D with a bunch of handbrake setups before selling these off to people. Or maybe you did and didn't post up about it, but it seems you were chomping at the bit to keep people updated on these, so I assumed you would have talked about it if it happened (again, I could have missed it)

I've wanted a nice billet easy pull clutch for ages, and I look forward to purchasing one once they are tested and are proven to be as versatile as the original MSR. From the get go it didn't seem the R&D occured, and with all these comments it definitely didn't seem like it did, that's all I'm commenting on.

Last edited by inolen; 09-24-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM

It just seemed that you never did R&D with a bunch of handbrake setups before selling these off to people. Or maybe you did and didn't post up any photos, but it seems you were chomping at the bit to keep people updated on these, so I assume they would have been posted if it happened

I've wanted a nice billet easy pull clutch for ages, and I look forward to purchasing one once they are tested and are proven to be as versatile as the original MSR. From the get go it didn't seem the R&D occured, and with all these comments it definitely didn't seem like it did, that's all I'm commenting on.

your posts are always so smart and easy to read

hiiii
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM

It just seemed that you never did R&D with a bunch of handbrake setups before selling these off to people. Or maybe you did and didn't post up about it, but it seems you were chomping at the bit to keep people updated on these, so I assumed you would have talked about it if it happened (again, I could have missed it)

Yes...you are right. We used the MSR completely as our guide, nothing else. I figured if we made it very similiar to the MSR, it would fit most applications the MSR did. The prototype bolted on DIRECTLY in place of my MSR and took NO mods to get the perfect fit. Granted, this was with a Magura. I didn't think the Brembo guys would have an issue either due to the similiar design to the MSR. Still don't think they will if they or anyone WANTS to use my lever. Small mods might have to be made, such as grinding a notch or two. If grinding is something one does not want to do, and they can't use my lever how'ld they'ld like to, they can send it back for a full refund. Doesn't seem too much of an issue to me...
Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i dont want to make it sound like your product isnt nice... but MOST, not all, billet products you get these days come with some sorta Anodizing and alil better finished product.. which adds to the price. i dunno if they were all like this but were it was debur'd from the machining process.. it got alil sloppy in some spots... not a big deal. but something that the higher priced products dont have. either way... i hope once i get the new perch and weld alil tip onto the lever this thing will be bitch'n!
Yes, that's one of the reasons it's less than half the price of ANY billet lever/perch. I made it for function, not fashion.....and if I say so myself, it's still an awesome lookin clutch lever..

Good idea on welding a bit of material onto that lever.

Don"t do it if you are still on the fence about returning it, though!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 PM

i was thinkn about welding some material on an polishing an whatnot...

but i can return it do nothing and have two msrs that work perfect...

and if one day you do redesign it more like the msr then maybe ill think about it again
Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

I still want to no what the ball bearing does? but looking at the picture again i can see how the lever needs to point out ward a hair. but other than that the thing looks solid and i worth the price.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

I am still debating on purchasing one but now i am not sure.... i seen the pics of it mounted with a brembo, but I run a Magura HB...

What is the preferred setup for this ez pull? I will say I hate the MSR and have been through many of them! This is a great idea! In fact i wish I had thought of it... IMO MSR had a good idea, but failed in several areas. I dont even adjust my clutch up top with an MSR... I have to do all my clutch adjustments at the engine adjustment.... the threads and strength just arent there on the MSR... Bottom line is the MSR was designed for dirtbikes.

Coming from a machinest background... I heard a few things that would not work for me on the R1 lever... for 1 the deburring.. just shows a lack of attention to detail and makes me think that the company is out more for the money than the long term...

Secondly.. I would like to know if all the angle issues have been worked out....

Thirdly... I think that the lever should be sold the same length as the MSR so people can cut it down to the desired length, depending on setup...

My 2 pennies
Old 09-25-2009, 01:00 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz
I am still debating on purchasing one but now i am not sure.... i seen the pics of it mounted with a brembo, but I run a Magura HB...

What is the preferred setup for this ez pull? I will say I hate the MSR and have been through many of them! This is a great idea! In fact i wish I had thought of it... IMO MSR had a good idea, but failed in several areas. I dont even adjust my clutch up top with an MSR... I have to do all my clutch adjustments at the engine adjustment.... the threads and strength just arent there on the MSR... Bottom line is the MSR was designed for dirtbikes.

Coming from a machinest background... I heard a few things that would not work for me on the R1 lever... for 1 the deburring.. just shows a lack of attention to detail and makes me think that the company is out more for the money than the long term...

Secondly.. I would like to know if all the angle issues have been worked out....

Thirdly... I think that the lever should be sold the same length as the MSR so people can cut it down to the desired length, depending on setup...

My 2 pennies
I had it on my bike with an R1 Brembo master and the fit was perfect for 2 fingering the clutch/hb. My only issue was what I mentioned before which was the travel of the lever itself. Its too short and I tried adjusting it multiple ways and couldnt get it setup to where my clutch wasnt slipping. But Im sure once righteous adjusts this batch it'll be the clutch to have. My only concern is I dont think he'll be able to fix this lever and will have to have another batch of levers machined which lordy lordy - with the track record of his machinist, hopefully that wont take too long
Old 09-25-2009, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz

My 2 pennies
I use it on the inside of my Magura, and the prototype bolted up right in place of my MSR with no mods needed. Got the custom fit almost immediately. That's why the Brembo guys are having issues. The clamp is to bulky. I'm having the machinist reprogram so that the clamp is less bulky, so it will work for both Magura and Brembo. Of course, guys with wierd masters might still need to do some mods. I'm not going to be able to please everyone.

As far as I'm concerned....the deburing is fine.......not perfect, but good. Like I've said several times, the price of this setup is less than HALF the cost of any billet setup on the market. Function, not fashion.....is my goal. The Anodized ones will have more attention to detail in the finish, and the price will reflect that.

Angle issues have been worked out, and all shipping orders will be with the correct lever angle.

Full length levers will be available in a few weeks that will be the same length as an MSR full length. I could only afford to have one version designed in the begining, and I went with a custom shorty. It's the most popular from what I've seen so far. Soon, soon.

Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I had it on my bike with an R1 Brembo master and the fit was perfect for 2 fingering the clutch/hb. My only issue was what I mentioned before which was the travel of the lever itself. Its too short and I tried adjusting it multiple ways and couldnt get it setup to where my clutch wasnt slipping. But Im sure once righteous adjusts this batch it'll be the clutch to have. My only concern is I dont think he'll be able to fix this lever and will have to have another batch of levers machined which lordy lordy - with the track record of his machinist, hopefully that wont take too long
You should be dialed with the new perch then, bro!

Everyone......KEEP your lever, perch cap, and ALL hardware. Your lever WILL work with the new perch I'm sending you! The new perches are the same, but with a deeper angle machined to allow the lever to swing out further from the bar. If you hold your MSR perch up to mine, you'll see what I'm saying. Replacement perches will be shipping out TUESDAY!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Everyone......KEEP your lever, perch cap, and ALL hardware. Your lever WILL work with the new perch I'm sending you! The new perches are the same, but with a deeper angle machined to allow the lever to swing out further from the bar. If you hold your MSR perch up to mine, you'll see what I'm saying. Replacement perches will be shipping out TUESDAY!
i thought we were supposed to send you back the complete setup
Old 09-25-2009, 02:13 PM
NealFoReal

and **** i cant remember but i think i had mine on the outside of my r1 master
Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i was thinkn about welding some material on an polishing an whatnot...

but i can return it do nothing and have two msrs that work perfect...

and if one day you do redesign it more like the msr then maybe ill think about it again
I'm going to have the program redone to shave some bulkyness and make it to accomodate Maguras and Brembos. There will still be guys with funky masters that will have to modify it to make it work, I'm sure. But I am going to make sure the Magura guys and Brembo guys are covered. Not sure on time frames for that redesign, but I've already got the ball rolling. Might even happen with this next batch of perches, but I'm not promising anything.

Sorry, once again Kyle. I should've done more R&D, and fit this unit up to a Brembo setup, also.....before going full production. This is all new to me.....learning as I go.....****, I'm a glassblower!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
i thought we were supposed to send you back the complete setup
No, Neal.....go re-read your PM!

Quick Reply: Righteous Stunt Clutches Shipping NOW!!