how frusterated were you when you started stunting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:51 PM

gixxer18 is a decent person
how frusterated were you when you started stunting?

I just started about 1 1/2 weeks ago and have been going almost everynight for about an hour and i can't get bp for **** its so frusterating.. what did you guys do or how did you deal? I dont know any other riders out here to ride with and learn so im kinda on my own.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: how frusterated were you when you started stunting?

it's hard to ride alone and not too safe either when you are learning cause you will crash , try to get some friends to at least hang out while you are try to get balance point and who knows maybe they will decide to join in the fun...lol

now for the riding advise ..lol
if your trying to do slow wheelies then clutch it up quick and save it with the rear brake , clutching it up from a dead stop will help you be consistent and the quicker you get it up the slower you will be going when you get there ..

good luck, have fun and be careful
Old 09-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by gixxer18
I just started about 1 1/2 weeks ago and have been going almost everynight for about an hour and i can't get bp for **** its so frusterating.. what did you guys do or how did you deal? I dont know any other riders out here to ride with and learn so im kinda on my own.
well my friend you better get used to the frustration cause after you learn bp,then you gotta learn......? then.......? then.....? just wait till the circle frustration gets ahold of ya It sucks you gotta learn the hard way with nobody to steer ya in the right direction but stay dedicated,We all still get pissed and frustrated riding with other people,especially when they make **** look sooooo easy and it ends up being so difficult for you to learn.just learning **** you couldn't do before should be enough to motivate you to keep at it.It's not a sport for the weak,SO be tough and grind your *** off.you'll see,every little thing you improve on will keep you wanting more.I don't know if ya ever saw the movie "Radio"with Cuba Gooding Jr.but Radio said it best when he said"dont quit-dont quit-dont quit"
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 PM

kylenv is a decent person

I ride alone. I just go for like a half hour and then go get a coke and chill and then go back to the spot and do that. Don't get frustrated its like everything and takes time. Sucks to ride alone but I just don't try staying out for hours or it becomes like a job with nobody to talk to..... you will get it if you don't give up. Good luck and keep that cell in your pocket. If your phone doesn't have emergency contacts already at least add ICE In Case Of Emergency that way if you dead in the gutter someone can call your mom or who ever.....lol
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 AM

navajowalks is a decent person

riding with people helps alot i think. I'm in colorado springs if you ever want to come south a bit to ride, hit me up. i"ve gotten frustrated many times, but like somebody already said get used to it, constantly trying to learn more when riding...

edit: are you still selling a 636, it says something under your name... lol
Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 AM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

just wait till the circle frustration gets ahold of ya

^^^I'm there and its the worst thing ever

Also i learned balance point by riding this abandoned street with friends but its a bad idea
Old 09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

I ride alone its ok but every now and then you need to ride with others to see how they do things.
I ride for 20 mins and take a break for my arms and legs to recover(40 this year) As most of my good crashs happen when my fore arm lacks power. Learning one finger clutch and one rear brake also saves alot of spills
Keep it up though its a great feeling when you nail a trick (even better with some one watching)

Pez
Old 09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I always ride alone
Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I always ride alone
thats cause you dont shower
Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM

navajowalks is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
thats cause you dont shower

Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
wheres your momma @

montijo_420 is a decent person

i had just got bp a couple of weeks ago and was turning 5 circles in the second day of tryin them im still in the fustrating stages cause i went and rode yesterday and couldn't even get bp and last week i was rockin O's so its a up and down hill battle the good thing about it is that i get to ride wilth some people that know what the **** there doin and are hella kool to were they give plenty of advice and will stop me if they see me not doin something right thats what more people neede to start doin instead of being dick and just talkin **** about a squid help them out make this sport more enjoyable for every one

oh yeah and make sure your bike is set up proper to dont get ghetto
Old 09-19-2009, 01:06 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by blee
just wait till the circle frustration gets ahold of ya
worst 2 weeks ever.........
Old 09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

Circle frustration sucks!!!!! Can kill them on fiddy but not big bike and can't figure that out.

Just my two cents here, get a fiddy or smaller more forgiving bike to learn ballance point on. Even a quad would help too.

Lastly and if you don't have any riders your probably not going to have anyone to take pictures but that helps as well.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:54 PM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person

ride longer than an hour

spend the day at the lot

Last edited by JOHNNYSTUNTS; 09-19-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: oops hahaa
Old 09-19-2009, 02:19 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

it's hard to ride alone and not too safe either when you are learning cause you will crash , try to get some friends to at least hang out while you are try to get balance point and who knows maybe they will decide to join in the fun...lol

now for the riding advise ..lol
if your trying to do slow wheelies then clutch it up quick and save it with the rear brake , clutching it up from a dead stop will help you be consistent and the quicker you get it up the slower you will be going when you get there ..

good luck, have fun and be careful
+1 for this.....
Always ride with someone else!!!!

As for frustrating, I ghost rode my bike into the woods a couple of times when I was learning circles. I still have issues with them on certain days. BP is hard to get if you have nobody around for advice. Just hook up with some local guys on here and see if you can ride with them.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 PM

corey17 is a decent person

I just started learning bp and having friends around that know what there talking about and the ones who will stop and help yu is the best thing ever and yu have to ride prolly like 2 or 3 hours in the lot I think I ride like 4
Old 09-19-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by big ben
worst 2 weeks ever.........
2 weeks, took me almost a full season.....
Old 09-19-2009, 04:48 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
2 weeks, took me almost a full season.....
took me about 4 months didnt have any one to teach me
Old 09-19-2009, 06:50 PM

took me about 4 months didnt have any one to teach me
Yeah, definitely frustrating. Didn't help having wonder boy Teach at the lot killing **** all the time either. I wanted to kick him off his bike half the time.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 PM
5 star

tavis10r is an unknown quantity at this point

just know it can be done and keep at it!

Quick Reply: how frusterated were you when you started stunting?