how frusterated were you when you started stunting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:37 AM

gixxer18 is a decent person
Re: how frusterated were you when you started stunting?

Originally Posted by navajowalks
riding with people helps alot i think. I'm in colorado springs if you ever want to come south a bit to ride, hit me up. i"ve gotten frustrated many times, but like somebody already said get used to it, constantly trying to learn more when riding...

edit: are you still selling a 636, it says something under your name... lol

if i ever can get ahold a truck i def will come down.. and yes it is for sale.. i just need $ for school but im trying to ride it and learn as much as possible.. before it goes.. but its only a temp once i get out of school its on again

to everyone else thanks for the advice!!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:33 AM
I AM TIGER WOODS!!!

BLEED is a decent person

i just started out myself and trying to catch that damn thing is hard. i had it going then i would/still do jump off when i'm at that point. it sucks but just like me gotta keep that seat time. and i ride with a couple of people it helps they give me pointers and ****. so thats good.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:07 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Man i wasnt to pissed i actually cought on really quick
Old 09-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
2 weeks, took me almost a full season.....
yeah 2weeks?wtf,bout a month of grindin on nothin but O's and still don't got em locked,but it's been bout 2months since the first time I started dippin,had to take a lil break inbetween cause I was killin my bike every session.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:25 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by slidewayz89
Man i wasnt to pissed i actually cought on really quick
On a 50 or a real bike?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If your getting frustrated learning to stunt, you should take a step back and ask yourself why do you stunt...

I get frustrated now working on more technical ****, but I never got frustrated learning idle, or circles, or anything basic.. I was just out there having a blast riding
Old 09-20-2009, 01:12 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
On a 50 or a real bike?

On my minty 05 636 (but that thing will almost circle itself)
Old 09-20-2009, 02:53 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

90% of it is getting to know your bike. becoming one with the bike and knowing exactly what it will do when you give it inputs of throttle, brake and body position and being completely comfortable while doing it. the other 10% of it is learning the tricks and how they are done.
i did highway power wheelies for 6 months before trying slow wheelies in a lot and they only took me 2 days to ride idle as long as i wanted. other people it may take longer, everyone is different. but one things for sure is if you get frustrated and give up, youll never get anywhere. and an hour is not enough. you need to spend at least 4 hours everyday at the spot.

"Practice makes perfect"
Old 09-20-2009, 03:03 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

well i used to ride alone (same now) and it took me some time to figure out how to wheelie,then i realized that my progress is in "gas huffing" i preffer to huff few minuted before riding and it works for me + i can't stop laughing.

i kid i kid well i ride alone and the key is that you have to find someone to ride with...
Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

actually i found just taking one or two tokes of some good ganja helps out with allowing me to ride more creatively and with better style.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:35 PM

MotoGiya is a decent person

2 weeks is not much time.. keep going at it.. it'll click.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

learning to stunt is the fun part, once you have **** on lock its not nearly as fun. if your not haveing fun now you never will

Last edited by *Tanus*; 09-20-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:36 PM

gixxer18 is a decent person

well in the 3 days ive had to actually ride ive got BP and 12o'clock figured out... now to keep it consistant and figure out how to do 0s
Old 09-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

i've always had fun, even when i couldnt do ANYTHING.

But i have seen people get SOOOOO FRUSTRATED. I have seen peopel throw helmets, kick bikes... all kinds of ****.

IMO thats why alot of people dont do this stuff. It is very frustrating in the beginning.

Wheelies make me smile, even when i cannot do what im trying to do.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Stunt 4 life......

StUnT DaBbA is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
i've always had fun, even when i couldnt do ANYTHING.

But i have seen people get SOOOOO FRUSTRATED. I have seen peopel throw helmets, kick bikes... all kinds of ****.

IMO thats why alot of people dont do this stuff. It is very frustrating in the beginning.

Wheelies make me smile, even when i cannot do what im trying to do.
Good post man! AND good attitude.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:27 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montijo_420
i had just got bp a couple of weeks ago and was turning 5 circles in the second day of tryin them im still in the fustrating stages cause i went and rode yesterday and couldn't even get bp and last week i was rockin O's so its a up and down hill battle the good thing about it is that i get to ride wilth some people that know what the **** there doin and are hella kool to were they give plenty of advice and will stop me if they see me not doin something right thats what more people neede to start doin instead of being dick and just talkin **** about a squid help them out make this sport more enjoyable for every one

oh yeah and make sure your bike is set up proper to dont get ghetto
No one els is gonna say it??? I will... I call bs...just hit bp then hittin 5 set circles on the second day??? You must be some kind of prodigy....or a freak of nature....whatever
Originally Posted by big ben
worst 2 weeks ever.........
you too Ben..... But at least that is a little more believable...I mean I'm sure it doesn't take every one as long as it took me but **** man, 2 days...2weeks WTF is wrong w/ me and the rest of you so called stunters out there???? Sry not tryin to hate but it needed to be said.... Beardo

Last edited by beardo; 09-26-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

I feel your pain dude, I ride alone and don't have a spot so I use every opportunity I get to do what I can. Should probably stop working on my stoppies at red lights, if I botch one then I'm in a world of hurt and cross traffic. Spend a lot of my time clutching it up in rush hour of when the light is green; people hate that, but some think it's cool. I need a spot and some folks to ride with, I can tell that I am progressing on a miniscual level and that's what pisses me off. I know if I had a spot with a lot of seat time that I would be progressing much, much faster. For now I have to rock the streets and dodge the cops, hopefully I will find a spot soon and be able to get some real seat time in.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:04 AM

Desperado is a decent person

Stunt with some experienced stunters who can help you out! Do about 20 min sessions and come to a complete stop before clutching up! My two cents
Old 09-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Wheelings my firebladings

CSL-STUNTZ is a decent person

With the stationary clutch up trick, i can never nail the rear brake hard enough on my F2.

=(
Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CSL-STUNTZ
With the stationary clutch up trick, i can never nail the rear brake hard enough on my F2.

=(
Bleed that ****.
These young guys gettin **** quick, it's just that they're young. Like beardo I'm in my 30s and things take more time now, and I can't afford to really hurt myself and not work.
Never really got fustrated in the beginning, it was fun and exciting. Maybe get annoyed now, pretty much got staggard Os bothways and some other foot placements, but just not gettin past 2 SS O's, but it's still fun to make progress. i'm the only stunter out here and hit my spot once a week. But allways pop atleast 1 wheelie a day.

Quick Reply: how frusterated were you when you started stunting?