our stuntwars trip

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM

JOELTAN is an unknown quantity at this point
our stuntwars trip

So, Kelly and I decided to come down Fri night to be there sat. Saturday got rained out so we hung out with some good people through the day and started deciding on our run for tandem and individual. We were really excited to compete . So Sunday we get there and unloaded and practiced for a lil bit. Still very excited. Riders meeting at 12:15 goes as follows. Individuals will be ran first to get them out of the way because that is the main draw. then stoppie and tandem depending on weather and time. Now remember WEATHER and TIME.

So we get through the individual runs with a couple down pours and then stoppie with a couple downpours. So this whole time we have been prepping for Tandem. 2 minutes before tandem is about to go out. One of the tandem teams comes back and gives us our entry fee money back saying that they have cancelled it. All 3 teams are already suited up and ready to ride. SO we go out to the track and need to know what is going on. Adam comes up to us and says that Bad weather is coming in. It was sunny and actually didnt rain the whole rest of the time we were there. Any ways. The riders decided to do a demo. Very unhappilly though. No rain, crowd loved it. photographers rushed out on to the track to take pics of tandem. individual riders gave us props

This whole time its goin through my mind of how crappy this is that no one was notified and as i can recall halfway through individual it was announced that registration for stoppie and tandem was still open.

For CJ and tawny and ken and brandy and kelly and I that mainly only compete in tandem, this was a Slap in the face. Ken and brandy drove from halfway across the US, CJ and tawny from Daytona kelly and I from Ocala. Each spending our every dollar to get there. And this is the thanks.

What we do know. I remeber this being a rain or shine event, No writing on flyer or anything saying events subject to change.
I actually remember a few years back when they pulled vehicles out onto the Lakeland dragstrip just to beable to finish the comp.
Its not our fault that not enough of a crowd came ,thats the risk you take, We did to compete. If its a money issue , then drop the payouts of other events or ours. But alteast come to us and let us know.

AT King of the South. we made arrangment with Murdoc to get paid for demo and entry fee back because of crowd and not enough participants. But he came to us. I respect him for that

Now i do understand that Not many people do Tandem. And that alot of the Tandem Teams are not able to travel to do differant comps. To Ken and Brandy and adam and brittany and bill and destiny that have traveled and competed i give you guys mad props. Hopefully Kelly and I will be able to make it to the Major events with you guys.

As a finishing statement. "Its getting late , we want to go home, and its only Tandem
Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM

Re: our stuntwars trip

now just so this isnt taken as a i hate stuntwars thing. I know and love everyone that is part of stuntwars. I def think that some things should have been done differantly with our situation.

It was nice to meet and talk with alot of the riders, like apex,bubash,brocha, bill.
Thanks ernie for going to get the gas and powerade's. It is truly awesome that everyone is so nice
Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

I will post my reply later tonight it is to long to type and drive
Old 09-14-2009, 11:02 PM

StuntBlondie is a decent person

I would like to apologize to all 3 tandem teams on behalf of Todd and I. Unfortunately we weren't informed of the decision to cut tandem out completely until it was too late. For the record, it is not Todd that has the "its only tandem" mentality. He/we know how much spectators, photographers and other riders love and respect tandem as much as we do. As some of you know we also ride tandem during our shows and if we had been informed of the situation it would have been handled much differently. Unfortunately Todd isnt the only decision maker and gets out voted by people who do not have the same respect for the sport. Again, for what its worth, I truly apologize and would love to have the opportunity to speak to all 3 teams in person or privatly.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by StuntBlondie
I would like to apologize to all 3 tandem teams on behalf of Todd and I. Unfortunately we weren't informed of the decision to cut tandem out completely until it was too late. For the record, it is not Todd that has the "its only tandem" mentality. He/we know how much spectators, photographers and other riders love and respect tandem as much as we do. As some of you know we also ride tandem during our shows and if we had been informed of the situation it would have been handled much differently. Unfortunately Todd isnt the only decision maker and gets out voted by people who do not have the same respect for the sport. Again, for what its worth, I truly apologize and would love to have the opportunity to speak to all 3 teams in person or privatly.
Respect for posting. I realized there were multilple decision makers. Thats why there is always room for improvement
Old 09-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

thats what sucks about tandem. it pays to be profecient in other things cuz when it comes down to it tandem is the first thing to get bumped. on the other hand maybe you can get a comp together only for tandem teams
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

:crying:
Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by loogie
:crying:

Not crying Bro just stating fact's. I could not show up to another event and be O.k. I Do it for fun not for a living but not showing up to events isn't gonna help the sport
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by nolimitriderz
Not crying Bro just stating fact's. I could not show up to another event and be O.k. I Do it for fun not for a living but not showing up to events isn't gonna help the sport
thats true. as much as we would like to stay away from events that treat us like crap. We love what we do and actually enjoy going out and doing what we do. Even after we just got told that theres no comp and we can do a demo and not get paid for it,

I am going to be making a email and will send it to everyone so that we can all have each others input and then we will send it to adam. If no reply , then we can deal with him at stuntwars
Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 PM
r6 destroyer

reds919hornet is a decent person

i am new to stunting. recently got me a bike and have been playing alittle myself. i have to say that i love watching tandem. i know how hard this stuff is to pull off by myself and i just could not see doing half of what little i can do if i had to control for what a difference a second rider would make on a bike. i do not get to travel around to shows because of money but if i did i would like to see a good mixture of riders and styles.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 PM

Ponis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StuntBlondie
when you gonna let me and todd do some tandom?