F4i Headlights/turn signal problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 AM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person
F4i Headlights/turn signal problem...

Tried to search it and didn't find much help...

So, i just got done with the following... Clean title frame swap, new harness front to back (mint), mint head light (new bulbs) and upper,New turn signals and brake light, mint left switch...

My problem... Head light and turn signals dont work up front. Signals work out back but no brake light (even when i pull the spring manually on the foot brake) Done all the di-ag i can think of and fuses are good and like i said all the bulbs and signals are new but still cant seem to get anything to ******* work.... So any help at all, or a place to start looking would be great
Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 AM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: F4i Headlights/turn signal problem...

damn dude u got me ... i had a problem like that but i just had the wrong wires connected, check ur connections again cause one wire can **** it all up .... my turn signals stopped working but everything else is good .... if u have a electric tester just check the wires again and rewire ... maybe theres a shortened wire somewhere?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 PM

I work on Generators and do **** like this all day... Every thing seems good and all conections are right. This has really got me stumpt.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

damn then im clueless ... i did some diggin in my bike and found a few loose connection etc but alls good now... if all ur wires are good and **** then you shouldnt have a prob ... check your squares in the front where all the wires connect maybe u have a prob there? but u work on generators so u know better than me prob
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM
www.GRAMX.com

Good luck tho i hope u get it
Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

did lights work before you got a new harness?

you check all the fuses?

Do the lights turn on on f4i's when you turn the key or you gotta start the bike for the headlight to come on?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have volt meter skills i can hook up you with the wiring diagram
Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 PM

The bike never had lights before the new harness...
I replaced all the fuses with new ones once the bike was ready to start then again after i had this problem

I just need the diagram now and i think i can get it.

Thank for all the help guys
Old 09-15-2009, 08:27 PM

Got it... Bad ground on the head lights...
Still can't seem to figure out whats with the rear brake light.
Any help there?