Kawi frame bracing......

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person
Re: Kawi frame bracing......

Originally Posted by Juca

What are you running for forks? Limited edition 05-06?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

someone sticky this thread please !!!! great info!!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:00 PM

douggiefresh is a decent person

so is it werth it to git my 03 and 05 frames braced? i plan on having them apart for powdercoating anyways????
Old 09-17-2009, 04:00 AM
red eye

skunkie is a splendid one to beholdskunkie is a splendid one to beholdskunkie is a splendid one to beholdskunkie is a splendid one to beholdskunkie is a splendid one to beholdskunkie is a splendid one to beholdskunkie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
What are you running for forks? Limited edition 05-06?
i think they are 07 r1 forks
Old 09-17-2009, 11:55 AM

Tee-rex is a decent person

Originally Posted by mike bee
be glad ure luck isnt as bad as mine i just high sided a s.s. circle and when it hit i cracked my frame at the weld and cracked the whole upper corner of the head off of the motor. mines an 03 though. and i know my bolts were tight because i just took my cage off and on to take off my fairings off to get them painted
Seen a few do this i have got three heads in my workshop with this problem, also another fault which happens alot is after a hard hit the bike doesn't seem to run aswell as it did before thats because no.4 outer ex valve is partially stuck open because the heads bends very slightly and traps the bucket you can't see it the quick way to tell is a compression test
The white 636 in this thread is my friend hanksy's its been all braced up however there are cracks now developing down by the swing arm pivot now, all that force has to go somewhere, imo its luck on how it lands rather than anything else, i have seen some 636's that have had a hard life and the frame is o.k. keeping the cage straight and tight helps alot imo if bracing ur frame gives you peace of mind fair enough just start looking in places you never looked at before for new cracks.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Lot killer

bortner636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
what kinda cage? thats some serious damage.
powers cage im goin with a tyger shark when i get it fixed
Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

I don't have any pictures but I used a method similar to kyles but didnt wrap around. I actually used plate as a gusset and ran it at a slight angle to strengthen from impact. I'll see if I can get a pic tonight.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by verticaljay
I don't have any pictures but I used a method similar to kyles but didnt wrap around. I actually used plate as a gusset and ran it at a slight angle to strengthen from impact. I'll see if I can get a pic tonight.
get a pic!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
HRDparts

PDMokry is a decent person

This helps a lot!!! Crack kills!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:49 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I hate motorbikes
Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 AM
bdhstunt

bdhstunt is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I check my bolts everytime i go ride Its bound to happen if you ride a Kawi i guess
my honda has slammed, flipped and slammed again i quit looking to make sure it was ok bc there was never any thing happen to it but ur right its a kawi thing... hope ur back up n running asap
Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 AM
dedrater

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
get a pic!!!
I'll get it tonight. Rode last night and then went straight for beers.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bdhstunt
my honda has slammed, flipped and slammed again i quit looking to make sure it was ok bc there was never any thing happen to it but ur right its a kawi thing... hope ur back up n running asap
Well, it's not just a Kawi thing. Some Honda's are soft as ****. We used to break 9 hundo frames weekly back in the day.
But the F4i are a solid bike compared to the 636 and R6's.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:53 PM

so i found a few cracks in my 03 636 im looking for a new frame now! it seems like to me everyone who welds a frame, it always cracks agaian think, i'm just got buy a new frame. anyone knowabout sending in a to frame to kawi with title and they send you back a new one stamped and how much it cost?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by douggiefresh
so i found a few cracks in my 03 636 im looking for a new frame now! it seems like to me everyone who welds a frame, it always cracks agaian think, i'm just got buy a new frame. anyone knowabout sending in a to frame to kawi with title and they send you back a new one stamped and how much it cost?
they sell stamp kits at harbour freight...the frames they send you come blank.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Armenian
they sell stamp kits at harbour freight...the frames they send you come blank.
Ooooh I wanna buy one, just to have the PoPo show up at the lot and try and bust me for having a bike with no VIN, then I'll show then the receipt and old frame.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

At what temp does high density foam melt and burn? I know the motor puts a lot of heat into the frame. It would be funny seeing black smoke coming out of your frame when the foam starts to melt.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Ka...Q5fAccessories
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 PM

the guy who own my buddys bike sent in his old frame to kawi kawi send a new frame with the same numbers from old one not sure how much it was thought 700 bucks i'm callen kawi to tomarrow
Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
dedrater

Not great pics but all I could manage with my phone for now. Basically used a gusset that is welded to the motormount but also follows the main part of the frame as well. I figured this would provide more strength from impact. I did the same on the opposite side but can't get a good pic without tearing off panels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	img110.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	231557   Click image for larger version

Name:	img111.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	231558  

Quick Reply: Kawi frame bracing......