Kawi frame bracing......

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Kawi frame bracing......

Originally Posted by douggiefresh
filling it in with high density foam??
yes sir!!
Originally Posted by frayz
lol trying to keep the rats out?
yea, dont want your mom hanging around my bike trying to eat rats
Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM

douggiefresh is a decent person

what would that do for the frame strength??
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OldManJimmy
I think KrazyKyleStyle did this. It's the sickest reinforcement of the 636 motor mounts I have ever seen. I broke mine as well but what I believe was the culprit in mine being broke was the FI cage.

thats sick.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:43 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I check my bolts everytime i go ride Its bound to happen if you ride a Kawi i guess
I'm on my 4th season with my 636. 3rd cage but same frame with no cracks.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 PM

Make sure that the spacer is adjusted properly as well. If you have just a little play in it and crank down the engine mount bolts then you are putting the mount in a constant state of stress. You want it to be touching the engine just enough to have some resistance, but not too tight or loose. Either way will stress the mount in one direction or the other.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

also after all the bracing is done, I'm filling the inside of the frame with that high density foam
that might be a very good idea...
Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Make sure that the spacer is adjusted properly as well. If you have just a little play in it and crank down the engine mount bolts then you are putting the mount in a constant state of stress. You want it to be touching the engine just enough to have some resistance, but not too tight or loose. Either way will stress the mount in one direction or the other.
i never even thought of that. im going to go check those adjusters on my bike right now.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 AM

douggiefresh is a decent person

got pics on how the spacers should go?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Armenian
i never even thought of that. im going to go check those adjusters on my bike right now.
So we should loosen up all the motor mount bolts and nuts then check the adjustment of the threaded adjustment take out all slack then re tighten the mounting bolts.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM

So we should loosen up all the motor mount bolts and nuts then check the adjustment of the threaded adjustment take out all slack then re tighten the mounting bolts.
Correct...
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by douggiefresh
got pics on how the spacers should go?
Just remove the right side engine mount bolts (1 at a time ), loosen the castle nut and turn the allen bolt/mount in till it just contacts the side of the engine case. I usually loosen all the engine mounts so that the engine is free to move on the bolts to it's natural "home".

Make sense? If not, I'll try to explain it better.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:25 PM

dbl posted sorry
Old 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Correct...
You know, it might even be a good idea if you get into a real hard crash to revisit this. Any tweak in the frame will change the relationship of the frame motor mounts to the motor mounts. A light bulb just went off in my head as to why I ever broke my frame.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Never to late to elevate

Thanks IMR-Merlin for enlightening me on the proper procedure for tightening the motor mounts on a 636!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Lot killer

bortner636 is an unknown quantity at this point

be glad ure luck isnt as bad as mine i just high sided a s.s. circle and when it hit i cracked my frame at the weld and cracked the whole upper corner of the head off of the motor. mines an 03 though. and i know my bolts were tight because i just took my cage off and on to take off my fairings off to get them painted
Old 09-16-2009, 04:49 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mike bee
when it hit i cracked my frame at the weld and cracked the whole upper corner of the head off of the motor.
Damn son!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Lot killer

bortner636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn son!!!
yeah **** is terrible im down for alittle while now
Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mike bee
be glad ure luck isnt as bad as mine i just high sided a s.s. circle and when it hit i cracked my frame at the weld and cracked the whole upper corner of the head off of the motor. mines an 03 though. and i know my bolts were tight because i just took my cage off and on to take off my fairings off to get them painted
what kinda cage? thats some serious damage.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM

Thanks IMR-Merlin for enlightening me on the proper procedure for tightening the motor mounts on a 636!!!!!!
Just trying to do my part man.

Quick Reply: Kawi frame bracing......