Kawi frame bracing......

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:42 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about
Re: Kawi frame bracing......

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I'm going overkill on mine
I wanted to but it was difficult sourcing the aluminum plate and i wanted to ride
Old 09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by frayz
I beat mine up pretty good. didnt do anything too crazy when we rewelded it. Just rewelded the mount back up with some nice heavy beads. so far its been ok.
Exactly what I did, didn't even take the motor out. Handed the guy that welded mine back after he was done $100 and he said if it ever brakes again to come back and he would weld it again.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger
i been mouse traping and high siding my 03 since the end of 05 and havent cracked a frame yet , loose motor mount bolts are the most common cause and the two rear motor mounts are just as important as the front
I check all 4 motor mounts regularly. I learned that on my old 03's
Old 09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I'm gonna fix the crack 1st. Put the motor back in then weld in gussets, ect. I'm scared the frame will shift if i do it with the motor out
Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

I check all 4 motor mounts regularly. I learned that on my old 03's
thats really strange that you had problems then and as far as the people that say you should get a honda , i have seen plenty of f4 i frames crack right by the front motor mount too , got a local guy right now with one
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

hondas are poop
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

I'm gonna fix the crack 1st. Put the motor back in then weld in gussets, ect. I'm scared the frame will shift if i do it with the motor out
I got lucky and found a guy that if I took the tank off he would weld it with the motor in.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I could of left the motor in but i wouldnt be able to get the whole crack as well
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Never to late to elevate

Where are you located Sketchy? Anywhere close to the Dallas area? Will give you the guys name that welded mine if ya want.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I'm in Georgia. I'm getting my boss to weld it. He has been welding aluminum for ages & is damn good at it.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

u could always engineer some steel straps like i did on my subframe this weekend LMAO

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...6-636-sub.html

Last edited by Armenian; 09-14-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:17 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

hondas are poop
MY BIKE WANTS TO KIIIIIIILL U DEAD
Old 09-14-2009, 05:12 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by OldManJimmy
Yea that you would have to be very careful to not warp the frame with all that heat. You know who KrazyKyleStyle is? He used to be on here a lot but now he is mostly on StuntRide. Glad to help ya bro.
i know who krazykylestyle is..
and Thats cause stuntrides the hot spot
Old 09-14-2009, 05:17 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i know who krazykylestyle is..
and Thats cause stuntrides the hot spot
posted the same thread on there and havn't got a response in 24 hours

Rowdy, that picture of Derek is pricless!!!! ahahahahahaaa!!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:19 PM

heres what i did...

I toook a minty frame completly disassembled. I tig welded Added support bracing and gussets around the areas i had heard were weak. Heat treated at my work. Powdercoated a purdy green. Rode for 6months or something like that. Got complete bike and rims straightened from Dr. Johns in anahiem,ca. Shortly after noticed a crack. I assume it was due to straightning a heat treated and gusseted frame. Also Jason Britton had told me alittle before it cracked that " the guys at Kawi" told him never to heat treat the frames. But also to not weld.. So I dunno. But after straightning I re-powdercoated a Better Green n been running it since havasu Xdl. Crack hasn't changed much but that adjuster pinch castle nut front engine mount thingy.. Ya it stripped out the threads in frame. But I think that's my fault, had issues with first powdercoater haha

But anyway that's my story of my frame, i did everything but the powdercoating myself. i have easy access to everything needed including heat treating because my family owns a aluminum extrusion plant out here..
BUT
I'm lookn to start over with a fresh frame when I find the right deal!
so if anyone has one.. hahahahaa lemme know
Lemme know if you need anything else.

Brapppp
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 PM

posted the same thread on there and havn't got a response in 24 hours

Rowdy, that picture of Derek is pricless!!!! ahahahahahaaa!!!!

hahaha SHHh
Old 09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
heres what i did...

I toook a minty frame completly disassembled. I tig welded Added support bracing and gussets around the areas i had heard were weak. Heat treated at my work. Powdercoated a purdy green. Rode for 6months or something like that. Got complete bike and rims straightened from Dr. Johns in anahiem,ca. Shortly after noticed a crack. I assume it was due to straightning a heat treated and gusseted frame. Also Jason Britton had told me alittle before it cracked that " the guys at Kawi" told him never to heat treat the frames. But also to not weld.. So I dunno. But after straightning I re-powdercoated a Better Green n been running it since havasu Xdl. Crack hasn't changed much but that adjuster pinch castle nut front engine mount thingy.. Ya it stripped out the threads in frame. But I think that's my fault, had issues with first powdercoater haha

But anyway that's my story of my frame, i did everything but the powdercoating myself. i have easy access to everything needed including heat treating because my family owns a aluminum extrusion plant out here..
BUT
I'm lookn to start over with a fresh frame when I find the right deal!
so if anyone has one.. hahahahaa lemme know
Lemme know if you need anything else.

Brapppp
Thanks man, I'm just gonna re-weld it, brace it, then repaint it. If it cracks again then I will just keep riding it until it folds in half
Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

also after all the bracing is done, I'm filling the inside of the frame with that high density foam
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 AM

douggiefresh is a decent person

filling it in with high density foam??
Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

also after all the bracing is done, I'm filling the inside of the frame with that high density foam
lol trying to keep the rats out?

Quick Reply: Kawi frame bracing......