what gearing should i use???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 PM

eskimo500 is a decent person
what gearing should i use???

Sup fellas, I've got a 91 fzr 1000 that I'm looking to gear down so its a bit easier to wheelie up on, just looking for some suggestions on sprocket sizes that would help me out...i'm thinkin the more teeth the better cus this bitch is heavy! but its got tons of power, so let me know what you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	230397  
Old 08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Steel Horse Stunters

dhenry123 is a decent person
Re: what gearing should i use???

100 tooth sprocket - that should do.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

-2 +25
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Steel Horse Stunters

dhenry123 is a decent person

ok, back to being serious ESKIMO... -1 in the front and/or +5 in the rear will help a lot.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dhenry123
ok, back to being serious ESKIMO... -1 in the front and/or +5 in the rear will help a lot.
lol, thanks man, i was definitely looking into that 100 toother though....jk
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

go as far down in the front as you can. you can alway switch out the rear whenever you want, plus the rear is easier to do (less work later)
Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Docs GLOCK 17

merdock21 is a decent person

Down 2 in the Front and at least a 60 tooth in the rear!
Old 08-29-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by merdock21
Down 2 in the Front and at least a 60 tooth in the rear!
right on man, thats kinda what I was thinkin, but how badly is that gonna drop my speed? I still like cruzin with my buddies from time to time, so I don't want my bike to be pegged out at like 65.....is the saying still true that one tooth up front is like a half-gear drop out back?

ps. good to see someone from my neck of the woods on this site! does boise have a good stunt croud?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:45 PM
505COS

505COS is a decent person

No it is like -1 in front is equal to +3 in the rear but that is just a ball park figure. I would go with -1 and plus 5-10 inthe rear depending on how much you ride with your other buddy's
Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

It's a 1000, just wheelie it.

Post a video up and we'll tell you if you need gearing or if your pissing in the wind gearing your bike.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person

Originally Posted by eskimo500
Sup fellas, I've got a 91 fzr 1000 that I'm looking to gear down so its a bit easier to wheelie up on, just looking for some suggestions on sprocket sizes that would help me out...i'm thinkin the more teeth the better cus this bitch is heavy! but its got tons of power, so let me know what you think?
i wouldn't bother trying to wheelie it, pointless, got minty 90 FZR1000 , great cruise around sportbike, so sell me that pile and get you somthin else...
Old 08-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I hate threads like this. "I know nothing about anything, and I saw some guy do a wheelie one day, and it gave me a boner and I wanna be cool. Maybe people will forget I live in my Mom's basement after" Man the **** up and figure it out like the rest of us did. I went -1+4 the first time. It helped a lot and still let me cruise but wasn't what I was looking for. So I went -1+13. We are not you. We don't ride your bike. It could be a POS or have power for days. You could ride like a bitch or have ***** the size of Grapefruits. So if you wanna wheelie it, CLUTCH IT UP. if that isn't working for you, sprocket it, then CLUTCH IT UP! Geez.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
BDK

BDK is a decent person

learn to do without sprockets , then when you get them you will be that much better
and i would sell it get somthin diff
Old 08-29-2009, 03:48 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MoHawk
I hate threads like this. "I know nothing about anything, and I saw some guy do a wheelie one day, and it gave me a boner and I wanna be cool. Maybe people will forget I live in my Mom's basement after" Man the **** up and figure it out like the rest of us did. I went -1+4 the first time. It helped a lot and still let me cruise but wasn't what I was looking for. So I went -1+13. We are not you. We don't ride your bike. It could be a POS or have power for days. You could ride like a bitch or have ***** the size of Grapefruits. So if you wanna wheelie it, CLUTCH IT UP. if that isn't working for you, sprocket it, then CLUTCH IT UP! Geez.
i never made a thread about but, thats sorta describing me...i knew nothing about wheelies and one day someone rode a sick wheelie in front of me and i def got a boner and at the time i was living at my moms, and i still would be had she not thrown me out. so whats that make me?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I got nothin... I can't hate on Neil. The difference is, that happened with you in 1971
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

I got nothin... I can't hate on Neil. The difference is, that happened with you in 1971
lol easy man im not that friggin old
Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 PM

wow dude, seriously? its a simple ****** question, I didn't think anyone would get so butt hurt over it, guess i was wrong...my bad... if it pissed you off so much why'd you even waste the time posting? go cry on someone else's thread ******
Old 08-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Post Whore Nazi

^^ Welcome to Stuntlife bitch
Old 08-30-2009, 01:48 PM

poopdaddy is a decent person

when you ask a ? like that the people who cant ride see somone that they think they can outride so they trash you to make them feel better about there skill level.so do not let them bug you. ?what gear are you trying in. most new riders try to pull up at 8 or 10 grand that bike is not a 05 r1 its a 91 fzr older 1000 motors = tons of torque try it at about 3 grand and see what happens. good luck and be safe
Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Towlieee
It's a 1000, just wheelie it.
yeah, stock gears are the ticket when learning, also mabey talk the Rightious1, he had the same bike and learned on it.

Quick Reply: what gearing should i use???