05-06 636 stock or aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:54 PM

Klos is a decent person
05-06 636 stock or aftermarket exhaust

I have aftermarket on there now I was wondering if the stock is better and should I hook the valve up? help please
Old 08-22-2009, 01:54 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 05-06 636 stock or aftermarket exhaust

in my opinion they run best and pull the hardest on idle with the stock exhaust and the valve hooked up
Old 08-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Klos
I have aftermarket on there now I was wondering if the stock is better and should I hook the valve up? help please
+1..... " a stock bike is a happy reliable bike", but if you want sound then do w/e it aint like your on the track and need every bit of HP and back pressure from your stock can
Old 08-22-2009, 02:16 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

i love my stock exhaust, pulls like a train . I wont even put a pipe on it
Old 08-22-2009, 02:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
+1..... " a stock bike is a happy reliable bike", but if you want sound then do w/e it aint like your on the track and need every bit of HP and back pressure from your stock can
back pressure = low end torque and the more the better for stunting
Old 08-22-2009, 02:23 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
haha...no wonder i have to give a more gas now....i took out all my packing and cut it to a shorty, its a full system Hindle...
Old 08-22-2009, 02:25 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by big ben
haha...no wonder i have to give a more gas now....i took out all my packing and cut it to a shorty, its a full system Hindle...
shouldnt be as much of a problem for your v twin , those things got torque for days
Old 08-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Precison Performance Co.

oh yes i agree 100% with you, but the little you lose from the removal wont make or brake a wheelie, and yes back pressure is good for low end grunt...not everyone realizes that and goes with noise and volume.... but o well.... i personally stay with stock not only for the torque and what not but also to keep the attention away that the aftermarket pipes tend to bring when in a lot or back road... ( stay stock you wont regret it)
Old 08-22-2009, 02:29 PM

douggiefresh is a decent person

i love my stocker exhaust cuz its so quiet!!! mine is not hooked up either but i'm gunna be trying the hotbodies exshaust soon so sick http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/h...20636%2005.htm
Old 08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
CA STUNTER

shouldnt be as much of a problem for your v twin , those things got torque for days
huh yea....but i havent stunted a 4 cylinder b4 so i cant really compare.......so is that y stock gearing aint a problem for me?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:32 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
oh yes i agree 100% with you, but the little you lose from the removal wont make or brake a wheelie, and yes back pressure is good for low end grunt...not everyone realizes that and goes with noise and volume.... but o well.... i personally stay with stock not only for the torque and what not but also to keep the attention away that the aftermarket pipes tend to bring when in a lot or back road... ( stay stock you wont regret it)
yep quiet exhaust keeps spots

huh yea....but i havent stunted a 4 cylinder b4 so i cant really compare.......so is that y stock gearing aint a problem for me?
when you get an inline 4 cylinder bike you will need to adjust your riding a little bit , you can still run stock gear on an inline 4 but it's more fun with some gear
Old 08-22-2009, 02:34 PM
CA STUNTER

yep quiet exhaust keeps spots

when you get an inline 4 cylinder bike you will need to adjust your riding a little bit , you can still run stock gear on an inline 4 but it's more fun with some gear
how much more choppy is gearing?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:37 PM
also known as OMR

not at all once you have good throttle control , i mean yes it's more responsive obviously but when you get used to it it's better
Old 08-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Precison Performance Co.

its not so much choppy....just more effortless
Old 08-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Klos is a decent person

in my opinion they run best and pull the hardest on idle with the stock exhaust and the valve hooked up
Thats what I thought I just got some stock exhaust last night and I going to give it a try. The bike came with the aftermarket on it.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 AM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stock on the stunter, Two Brothers on the Street Killer.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:04 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

I was running stock till I broke my subframe 2 times in a row after accidental (like blips of throttle and hit the exhaust moderately hard and I slammed the brake to bring it back down) scrapes then I realized that the exhaust was contributing to the breaking of it sooo I put a yosh slip on and I think theres a little less tourqe but I run a 60tooth and it really doesnt seem like to much of a difference to me and when I hit the slipon it just kinda wiggles around rather then putting the whole impact through my subframe
Old 08-23-2009, 03:32 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen to this guy he is right stock all they way.