who makes these front pegs/sliders and how are people running them on honda forks????

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
who makes these front pegs/sliders and how are people running them on honda forks????

just wondering cuz most honda forks like 929/954 and 600RR dont have a hole all the way through the axle and they have a bolt like deal that threads into one side of the axle anybody got any input?????

Last edited by 50slut; 08-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: who makes these front pegs/sliders and how are people running them on honda forks

Those are powers axle sliders and they're ridiculously expensive. I just helped a friend put some on his bike - $20 for BMX pegs with an all thread rod going through the pegs held on by 1 nut on each side with some loctite. Even with the powers setup you have to drill a hole through the axle nut big enough for the all thread to go through it. Save some money and just go with the bmx pegs

http://www.powersstuntworks.com/sliderz.html

$80

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 08-20-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person
Re: who makes these front pegs/sliders and how are people running them on honda forks

you can do one of two things in this case...

Just take the bolt out after you have set the axle or,

Drill a hole in the bolt to fit some all thread and bmx style pegs on it...

simple really
Old 08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have a set of these on my DRZ and a set for my 954 I got for cheap off ebay.
http://www.motostrano.com/smeduhyfraxs.html
Old 08-20-2009, 12:11 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: who makes these front pegs/sliders and how are people running them on honda forks

thanks for the info
Old 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Stunt 4 life......

StUnT DaBbA is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Those are powers axle sliders and they're ridiculously expensive. I just helped a friend put some on his bike - $20 for BMX pegs with an all thread rod going through the pegs held on by 1 nut on each side with some loctite. Even with the powers setup you have to drill a hole through the axle nut big enough for the all thread to go through it. Save some money and just go with the bmx pegs

http://www.powersstuntworks.com/sliderz.html

$80
I've been wanting this set-up for a while but couldn't figure out how to safely do it yet.

Drill a hole through the axle bolt? A straight hole through that length bolt? I can't imagine there would be much strength left in the axle with a big enough hole to accommodate a strong enough all thread assuming that I could even figure out how to drill a straight hole through the axle? Machine shop?

Do I understand you right Neal ? The hole goes all of the way through? or part way and tap it?

Was wondering if it would be possible to just drill the holes in the sliders/bmx pegs bigger so the axle could fit through them and no need for all thread.

Anyone try this?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by StUnT DaBbA
I've been wanting this set-up for a while but couldn't figure out how to safely do it yet.

Drill a hole through the axle bolt? A straight hole through that length bolt? I can't imagine there would be much strength left in the axle with a big enough hole to accommodate a strong enough all thread assuming that I could even figure out how to drill a straight hole through the axle? Machine shop?

Do I understand you right Neal ? The hole goes all of the way through? or part way and tap it?

Was wondering if it would be possible to just drill the holes in the sliders/bmx pegs bigger so the axle could fit through them and no need for all thread.

Anyone try this?

The axle itself is hollow.. You just gotta drill through the like 1.5" long bolt on the end (and I'm pretty sure only the HEAD of the bolt is solid, I think the bolt is also hollow, but I could be mistaken)

So you gotta drill through like 1/4" of steel and your done
Old 08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StUnT DaBbA

Anyone try this?
The axle nut doesnt go through the whole axle. You drill a hole through the axle nut big enough for the all thread. I did it on mine and rode with it for over a year with no problems. There's still enough left of the axle nut that you wont encounter any problems. Once you drill through the nut the rest of the axle has a hole/hallow space in it anyway. I have heard of people welding one side of the bmx pegs to their axle or something like that and then welding the other side to the axle nut but I dont know the specifics and dont know that I'd wanna go through all that. I used to have the powers pegs on my bike over a year ago but I got rid of them - but powers pegs require you to drill a hole in your axle nut as well.

Edit: No machine shop is necessary - just a drill and a big drill bit will work fine.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
The axle itself is hollow.. You just gotta drill through the like 1.5" long bolt on the end (and I'm pretty sure only the HEAD of the bolt is solid, I think the bolt is also hollow, but I could be mistaken)

Yup. The kits I bought come with replacement axle bolts with holes drilled through, but you could just modify the stock one.

On a side note, I would keep the sliders as short as possible. The longer they easier they can damage ****.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
NealFoReal

I dont remember since its been a while but I think youre right and the bolt itself is hollow and its just the head of the bolt you gotta drill through.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Stunt 4 life......

THE AXLE IS HOLLOW???
That's all that's been stopping me? 1/4" of drilling
That sh-ts getting done this weekend!

Thanks man!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
The axle nut doesnt go through the whole axle. You drill a hole through the axle nut big enough for the all thread. I did it on mine and rode with it for over a year with no problems. There's still enough left of the axle nut that you wont encounter any problems. Once you drill through the nut the rest of the axle has a hole/hallow space in it anyway. I have heard of people welding one side of the bmx pegs to their axle or something like that and then welding the other side to the axle nut but I dont know the specifics and dont know that I'd wanna go through all that. I used to have the powers pegs on my bike over a year ago but I got rid of them - but powers pegs require you to drill a hole in your axle nut as well.

Edit: No machine shop is necessary - just a drill and a big drill bit will work fine.
My rear axle sliders use an all thread through the hollow axle with the nut welded on one end. Makes it easier to tighten with a self locking nut on the other. Works perfect
Old 08-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

Originally Posted by ScreamU2Sleep
you can do one of two things in this case...

Just take the bolt out after you have set the axle or,

Drill a hole in the bolt to fit some all thread and bmx style pegs on it...

simple really

got a quick write up w/pix?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

i have a bmx peg welded to the axle and the bolt holds the peg on for the other side
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by 50slut
just wondering cuz most honda forks like 929/954 and 600RR dont have a hole all the way through the axle and they have a bolt like deal that threads into one side of the axle anybody got any input?????

Well, I just did this to my F4i so here's a little of my own feedback.

Went to hardware store and got a 1/4" dia. 1 foot long all thread rod (3/8" dia. is what I used on the rear but I felt uncomfortable drilling that big a hole thru the front axle bolt, didn't look like there would be much wall left), 2 locking nuts and two regular nuts ($2).

I also got some sweet looking knurled bmx pegs that I got off E-bay and will be getting them anodized red soon. ($20 including shipping).

Started by drilling a 1/8" hole thru the middle of the bolt just to see how deep I had to drill (just over an inch before I broke thru) and because it would make it easier to drill the bigger finished hole. Also less chance of screwing up by starting with the smaller drill.

Then drilled the finished 1/4" hole. Installed the 2 regular nuts on one side leaving enough room to also install one locking nut on that side. Using loctite tighten the two standard nuts together (much like a chain adjuster) and then for good measure install a locking nut behind them and tighten all 3 together. Put the other end of the all thread thru a peg and then all of the way thru the axle hole. Slide the other peg on, loctite locking nut and using a socket on either side tighten it all together. Done!

I'm not one to be all over my bike like some of you guys so this setup works good for me and everything is solid, even feels solid to stand on. If you plan on using them to actually walk around on it would be a good idea to add some type of rod around the all thread (1/4" inside dia and 1/2" ouside dia.) as the hollow side of the F4i axle is much bigger than the all thread leaving some slack for the all thread to move around. Again, I used 1/4" all thread and it all feels solid but I still think 3/8" would be better if your using them to stand on. I like the looks.

Hope this helps anyone like me that was trying to figure out how to do this.

Thanks for starting this thread 50slut!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P8140001.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	230097   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8140002.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	230098  
Old 08-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

Damn that's a good lil write up! thanks cousin!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 AM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

you should really put a sticker or two on that f4i.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:06 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

nicely done,Im gonna have to set mine up like that, btw Id shorten those pegs at least an inch,probably 2

Old 08-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by chipottley
Damn that's a good lil write up! thanks cousin!
Thx man! Got lots of help here in the past so glad I could contribute a little something.
Originally Posted by joey1
you should really put a sticker or two on that f4i.
I love decals.
Originally Posted by *Tanus*
nicely done,Im gonna have to set mine up like that, btw Id shorten those pegs at least an inch,probably 2

Yeah, thought they looked too long at first too. They are about 1.5" longer than the powersstuntworks ones I have on the rear but I had these bmx pegs hanging around from my 50 so figured I'd try them out.
Took it for a test drive last night, managed to scrape the cage in a couple of twisties but never came close with the pegs. I may change them just to match the rear pegs anyway. Thanks dude.