f4i forks best set up for stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 AM

shotgunfacelift is a decent person
f4i forks best set up for stoppies

i tried getting some help on here before but didnt have much luck! i tried looking for old threads with the info i need on fork set up and still no luck! so please some buddy hook me up! i have an 05 f4i with a stock fork set up (springs. oil, etc...)THEY BOTTOM like i have never seen. I cranked the rebound and compression as stiff as it will go and even tried my preloads and nothing helps!!! even at 5 mph if i just touch my front brake my forks collapse like spaghetti noodles are my means of suspension instead of my forks actually being there! please some one tell me what to do for a good set up, i am looking for springs, oil weight, adjustment, everything or anything to help me out these things they are terrible!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: f4i forks best set up for stoppies

most ppl convert thiere f4i to a 929/954 front end...thats what im planning to do....but heavier oil my help in the short term....15w?? good luck
Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 AM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

Originally Posted by shotgunfacelift
i tried getting some help on here before but didnt have much luck! i tried looking for old threads with the info i need on fork set up and still no luck! so please some buddy hook me up! i have an 05 f4i with a stock fork set up (springs. oil, etc...)THEY BOTTOM like i have never seen. I cranked the rebound and compression as stiff as it will go and even tried my preloads and nothing helps!!! even at 5 mph if i just touch my front brake my forks collapse like spaghetti noodles are my means of suspension instead of my forks actually being there! please some one tell me what to do for a good set up, i am looking for springs, oil weight, adjustment, everything or anything to help me out these things they are terrible!!!!!!!
get some racetech springs and some good 20wt oil or tighten up those stockers
Old 08-20-2009, 01:28 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

im running 06 600RR frontend on my F4i with hohey upper tripple and i like it way better then 929/954 and RC51 frontends
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by beardo
most ppl convert thiere f4i to a 929/954 front end...thats what im planning to do....but heavier oil my help in the short term....15w?? good luck
stock setup is terrible,bottoms out and bounces like crazy, but with the 15w there perfect, I set the comp. to low-med and the rebound to hard. preload most of the way in(on the first line)
Old 08-20-2009, 05:00 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

get 929 triples and r1 forks. best setup in my opinion
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Thanks fellas! i have all the adjusters to hard as it gets with stock settings and i can almost bottom in sitting still just pushing down!if i use stiffer springs is the 15wt still necessary or should i just bump up from 5 wgt to 7wgt???
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

since the r1's are stoppie machines, r1 frontends are the new hotness
Old 08-20-2009, 07:54 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Thanks fellas! i have all the adjusters to hard as it gets with stock settings and i can almost bottom in sitting still just pushing down!if i use stiffer springs is the 15wt still necessary or should i just bump up from 5 wgt to 7wgt???
i bet your oil is junk or low , change it with some 10 wt and add a little extra , this will give you the same effect as getting harder springs with out the negatives like cost and added rebound , a little extra oil will lessen the size of the air chamber ..

air compresses and oil doesnt so adding a quarter or half inch more oil than the stock setting will stiffen it up and the thicker oil will help it dampen better ...

if you get stiffer springs the rebound valving wont be able to keep up because of the extra rebound from the stiffer springs ..

also i have heard that f4i forks need a special kind of fork oil , dont know what kind but might want to ask some one who would know..
Old 08-20-2009, 08:32 AM

I appreciate all your help!!! it would be great if stunt life had archives for things like this! like an f4i forks archive, a gearing archive, whats the best stunt bike archive, umm, crash cage archive with all the pros and cons of each, etc.... so anyone could be reffered to this type of info for individual starting out or simply to refer back to when interested in making changes to one's stunt unit!! instead of weeding through all the old threads with hopes that something may surface
Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

I appreciate all your help!!! it would be great if stunt life had archives for things like this! like an f4i forks archive, a gearing archive, whats the best stunt bike archive, umm, crash cage archive with all the pros and cons of each, etc.... so anyone could be reffered to this type of info for individual starting out or simply to refer back to when interested in making changes to one's stunt unit!! instead of weeding through all the old threads with hopes that something may surface
if you search key words you can find alot of good info on this site
Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 50slut
im running 06 600RR frontend on my F4i with hohey upper tripple and i like it way better then 929/954 and RC51 frontends
will the 6oorr tripple mount on the f4i....thanks..beardo
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 AM

rite on! ya let me try that function out! thanks again!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

I need front end help too. I am temporarily replacing my stock F4i forks so as to not kill myself, but i'm tired of grabbing so hard and bucking myself forward.

Originally Posted by g-man FOFC
get some racetech springs and some good 20wt oil or tighten up those stockers
those springs are hella expensive. I priced em out. PSSHHH...I'd rather go the 6rr route for the money and time involved.

Originally Posted by 50slut
i second that...that's a sweet *** setup i love spanking every now and then.

Originally Posted by DJ KO
Damn straight they are!!! i would love to look into that setup but i dunno much about it, F4i is a big heavy slug machine. is there anyone running that setup on the slug machine? Anyone? Anyone? BUUUUELLLER?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie

Damn straight they are!!! i would love to look into that setup but i dunno much about it, F4i is a big heavy slug machine. is there anyone running that setup on the slug machine? Anyone? Anyone? BUUUUELLLER?
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...=front+end+f4i

Old 08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

get 929 triples and r1 forks. best setup in my opinion
UH FAIL

Originally Posted by Kelm
+1 I would bet, I rocked an 06 600rr for a while and they stoppied amazing and would probably be a sick front end for the F4i... what's all involved in going this route? what do I need to get? wouldn't 1000RR setup be better or would it not work?
i just used the lower tripple and bearings/races out of the RR all i had to do was trim the frame stop tabs down on the lower tripple a bit to get my stock turn radius back, you can run the RR top tripple as well but since the frontends are shorter you would have to run clip-ons on bottom so i went with the hohey upper tripple which is super sick. all the 929/954, 600 and 1000RR frontends are shorter so if you lower them to run clip-ons on top the fender is going to smash the radiator. another plus of the 600 frontend is they have radial mounted breaks i have heard the 1000 forks blow seals like ***** **** and i think the 929/954 frontends are ugly but they do have bigger breaks

again FAIL

Originally Posted by beardo
will the 6oorr tripple mount on the f4i....thanks..beardo
yes all you will have to do is grind the frame stop tabs down a lil on the lower tripple because the frame neck on the RR is alot narrower then the f4i's any honda sportbike frontend will go on any honda as long as you have the lower tripple, bearings and races
Old 08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

im running a 929 front end and race tech springs now and its a world of difference.....
Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

i know a couple of people that have r1 front ends on their f4i's and they love it. thats the setup i'm going w/. alot easier to find than the 929/954 front ends. guess its just personal preference

Quick Reply: f4i forks best set up for stoppies