f4i forks best set up for stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:54 PM
www.TEAMSELECTFEW.com

G-machine is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i forks best set up for stoppies

stock forks fresh rebuild with racetech springs, I love mine, super strong compared to stock and I can still roll stoppies fine, I dont think the 929 front is a necessity only pimp factor...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM

Dylan F4I is a decent person

Yupp im going with 600 rr forks/ and a hoy hey tripple......its gonna be gangster
Old 08-20-2009, 08:29 PM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

hmmm I didnt know that the 600rr forks were that good... i got the 954 forks in my garage didnt even mount them yet cause i need a front rim for em..... quick question should i stay with the 954 or sell that **** and get myself a nice set of 600rr forks?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:58 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DJ KO
i know a couple of people that have r1 front ends on their f4i's and they love it. thats the setup i'm going w/. alot easier to find than the 929/954 front ends. guess its just personal preference
FAIL on the R1 frontend but yes true it is all personal preference

Originally Posted by Dylan F4I
Yupp im going with 600 rr forks/ and a hoy hey tripple......its gonna be gangster
+1million

Originally Posted by Sicc0
hmmm I didnt know that the 600rr forks were that good... i got the 954 forks in my garage didnt even mount them yet cause i need a front rim for em..... quick question should i stay with the 954 or sell that **** and get myself a nice set of 600rr forks?
929/954 front wheels are super hard to come by and very expensive not to mention super weak and bend easy...... plus even minus the front wheel you could still probably sell the 954 forks, tripples, and break setup and make enough to any frontend you want
Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Sicc0
Bill from Full Throttle can machine your F4i front wheel to accommodate the 929 setup And it only costs $65 so it'd be cheaper than a 929/54 rim.

http://www.fullthrottleinc.net/store...roducts_id/199
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by 50slut
FAIL on the R1 frontend but yes true it is all personal preference
why do you keep saying fail on the R1 front end Ive heard nothing but good things about that setup Have you rode an F4i with a R1 f/e that you keep saying fail
Old 08-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
why do you keep saying fail on the R1 front end Ive heard nothing but good things about that setup Have you rode an F4i with a R1 f/e that you keep saying fail

never on a f4i but ive rode the newer r1's with the 6piston brakes. i like. i love my 954 frontend though. when i destroy it im geeting a gsxr front or r1/r6. the rr forks are too short for me. i like to run clip-ons on top and refuse to buy a $250dollar hohey clamp.

Last edited by Ethiopian; 08-21-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:09 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

yes i have rode a F4i with R1 frontend, i think its a FAIL because i would never put a yamaha frontend on any of my Hondas plus yamaha breaks are junk 6piston or not.......
Old 08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

Thumbs up Re: f4i forks best set up for stoppies

Originally Posted by Kelm
HoHey Triple and 06+ 600RR front end for me too.
******* stoked.

Thanks 50 +
Old 08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

Thumbs up Re: f4i forks best set up for stoppies

Bill from Full Throttle can machine your F4i front wheel to accommodate the 929 setup And it only costs $65 so it'd be cheaper than a 929/54 rim.

http://www.fullthrottleinc.net/store...roducts_id/199
tru dat good post
Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
never on a f4i but ive rode the newer r1's with the 6piston brakes. i like. i love my 954 frontend though. when i destroy it im geeting a gsxr front or r1/r6. the rr forks are too short for me. i like to run clip-ons on top and refuse to buy a $250dollar hohey clamp.
yes i have rode a F4i with R1 frontend, i think its a FAIL because i would never put a yamaha frontend on any of my Hondas plus yamaha breaks are junk 6piston or not.......
Ive heard nothing but good things about the R1 front ends. And people roll some long *** stoppies on them I know youre a honda man from all your posts on here lol - but what about them exactly is junk

edit: i see you said the brakes - I didnt read everything lol.

exactly.
I'm all for mixing it up, but your putting junk thats been proven time after time to be less durable, and lasting than say..... HONDA.
How you saying their junk when people roll stupid long stoppies on em now if you said 03/04 kawi forks are junk i'd agree.

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 08-21-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
NealFoReal

Stock. I had a gsxr front end on but got rid of it.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:40 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50 can you tell me exactly what I need to order?
I am not mechanical gifted at all... When I order the HoHey triple, what do I need to swap out? forks, rotors, and wheel? would an 09 600rr front end be better than say an 06? or not nessicarly?
yep you need to order the hohey 600rr upper tripple, and i would try to find a complete 600rr frontend 2005-2009 nothing really changed but color n fender, there are a few minor changes to lower fork legs, calipers,and rotors. you should be able to find a complete frontend forks, lower tripple with bearings and races, complete breaks, wheel, rotors, and axle.......its really a simple swap only 2 things you will need to do is slightly grind stop tabs down on RR lower tripple because the f4i frame is wider then the RR and on f4i frame up by the neck in the casting there is a piece that sticks out and has 2 holes in it, this is where your ignition locks this needs to be ground down a bit to clear the hohey RR upper tripple, with the 600RR frontend swap you cant lock the ignition anyway, and doing this is way easier then grinding on the hohey but i have seen that done as well if you dont want to grind on your frame and for this small amount of grinding i would suggest using a 4"- 4 1/2" grinder with a tigerpaw or fine flapdisc type grinding wheel to prevent buildup of the soft aluminum alloy on the wheel

Ive heard nothing but good things about the R1 front ends. And people roll some long *** stoppies on them I know youre a honda man from all your posts on here lol - but what about them exactly is junk

edit: i see you said the brakes - I didnt read everything lol.

How you saying their junk when people roll stupid long stoppies on em now if you said 03/04 kawi forks are junk i'd agree.
i rode yamahas before hondas and i know yamaha breaks suck, they eat pads and fade all day no matter what kinda fluid you run now im talking 03 n older
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

Talking Re: f4i forks best set up for stoppies

Stock. I had a gsxr front end on but got rid of it.
i thought about running a 07 gsxr750 frontend on my f4i but it was FREE so pardon my moment of stupidity.........
Old 08-21-2009, 01:44 PM
NealFoReal

i rode yamahas before hondas and i know yamaha breaks suck, they eat pads and fade all day no matter what kinda fluid you run now im talking 03 n older
word - i think the newer setups are better but whatever - like mentioned above its all personal preference anyways.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

does ne one know what diamiter 07 600rr fork tubes are???..thanks,,beardo