newbie stunt questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 PM

xsputnikx is a decent person
newbie stunt questions

I did try searching and couldnt find the answer to this question but ive been riding a 08 zx6r bout a year now.. never stunted much rode dirt bikes and 4 wheelers as a kid bout thats bout it...

would a pitbike be a smart way to start stunting until i felt comfortable enough to move up to street bikes... ?

or would the 2 different platforms throw me off when i feel im ready to move to my zx6r or stunt bike i may purhase later
Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person
Re: newbie stunt questions

pit bike no,if anything a four stroke dirtbike would be closer but really no comparisson to the weight or feel of a big bike.either practice your throttle/brake control on a dirtbike(if you still got one) or just nut up and get on that zx6 and dump that clutch.IMO pit bikes are a waste of money. get a dirt cheap honda f3-f4 cause you WILL loop that 08 zx6 then you'll feel like an idiot for bustin up a perfectly good bike.

Last edited by blee; 08-16-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by blee
pit bike no,if anything a four stroke dirtbike would be closer but really no comparisson to the weight or feel of a big bike.either practice your throttle/brake control on a dirtbike(if you still got one) or just nut up and get on that zx6 and dump that clutch.IMO pit bikes are a waste of money. get a dirt cheap honda f3-f4 cause you WILL loop that 08 zx6 then you'll feel like an idiot for bustin up a perfectly good bike.
Brake control on my crf50 transfered straight over to my 600RR

Althought it did give me a choppy throttle hand hahaha
Old 08-17-2009, 12:09 AM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

Yeah get a f3 or f4 for next to nothing and beat on the till you get some skill...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 AM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

Originally Posted by blee
i 2nd that
Old 08-17-2009, 03:44 AM

datbeachb0yJ is a decent person

has anybody seen a twobrothers exhaust canister cut short and if so how much louder is it cuz thats wat im gonna do to mine on my f4i
Old 08-20-2009, 12:13 AM

ok.. appreciate the input guys... I can already stand my 6r up about a foot but i dont have the ballz right now to go past that point still trying to get comfortable with it.. been practicin in empty parking lots stayin in first gear... bout to change the gearing on my bike cause well you have to dump the hell out of the zx6 to get it up..

but i may look into gettin g a f4
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

get an older bike man. keep that zx6 minty till you get some basics lots. idle. and even circles. then once you get better possibly get a minty stunt bike .
Old 08-20-2009, 10:07 PM

yes my zx6r is my baby.. i dont want anything to happen to it.. im going to look into getting a beater that i can throw some crash bars on and be done with
Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

I would get a pit bike, reason why is you can practice on that in your back yard just about any where and learn on that without tearing up anything other than yourself. I hurt myself more on the pit bike than on my big bike.

Pit bikes are just plain fun even if you can kill it on your big bike. I had so much fun with my first one and have a 8 year old son to boot I bought another one that has the 88 kit in it. Just one more piece of advice is don't get one of the Chinese knock offs, get a Honda CRF50. Those things are just about indestructible.