What seperates Amateurs from Pros

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: What seperates Amateurs from Pros

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
the main difference is going to be consistency. an am rider and pro rider might have most all the same tricks under their belt, a pro will be able to execute them at will where an amature will have a higher rate of mistakes in their riding.
+1....couldn't have said it better, myself.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:31 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

in most sports it's proven ability in a competitive setting, with a pretty well defined amateur and pro division, ranked by accredited judges, or a set of protocols. your sport is getting there, because some serious work has been getting done by a small handful of promoters.

other people said it better
Old 08-14-2009, 03:32 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

theres tons of ppl who get free **** that arent even close to being on a competitively professional level. sponsors are a whole lot easier to obtain than legit skills are..
+1....again!

I get free ****, but am nowhere close to competative pro level. I have competed against the pros, though!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM

l Bolo l is a decent person

A pro is someone who rides for a living and an amateur is someone who rides for fun. Amateurs can sometimes be better than some pros they just might ride for different reasons (fun / hobby).
Old 08-14-2009, 03:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by l Bolo l
A pro is someone who rides for a living and an amateur is someone who rides for fun. Amateurs can sometimes be better than some pros they just might ride for different reasons (fun / hobby).
thats not true at all. pros still ride for fun and most amatures that compete are trying to be pro so its not just for fun with them. an amature is simply an aspiring pro. guys like me, im not an amature or a pro cuz i dont give a **** about competition what so ever. im just a rider.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 PM

Murph 636 is a decent person

thats not true at all. pros still ride for fun and most amatures that compete are trying to be pro so its not just for fun with them. an amature is simply an aspiring pro. guys like me, im not an amature or a pro cuz i dont give a **** about competition what so ever. im just a rider.

Gangsta.......Neil just likes to wheelie
Old 08-14-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Murph 636
Gangsta.......Neil just likes to wheelie
He's a humble guy.......don't let him fool you, though......he KILLS it!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
He's a humble guy.......don't let him fool you, though......he KILLS it!

lol I know what he is capable of, shitting on people's logical skills and killing it on the minty with a bunny suit. GANGSTA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	l_677f0a580420181fd232d91891c1002d.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	229696   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_a0a10218a6a74d4db008ae7df32c7e70.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	229697  
Old 08-14-2009, 04:15 PM

lol I know what he is capable of, shitting on people's logical skills and killing it on the minty with a bunny suit. GANGSTA
Aaahhh.....I'll just shut up, then!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

the bunny suit photo is just perfect. chicks dig a sense of humor
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

haha just so everyone knows, the second pic i was dressed as a turd for holloween..
Old 08-14-2009, 04:20 PM

haha just so everyone knows, the second pic i was dressed as a turd for holloween..
Not to be off-topic, but people trip on those pics at the job when it's on the screensaver lol........see Neil gives my workplace something to look forward to with a little humor
Old 08-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Not to be off-topic, but people trip on those pics at the job when it's on the screensaver lol........see Neil gives my workplace something to look forward to with a little humor
well if theres any rich (preferably hot) sugar momma type ladies at your work admiring my photos you let em know how to get ahold of me
Old 08-14-2009, 04:23 PM

well if theres any rich (preferably hot) sugar momma type ladies at your work admiring my photos you let em know how to get ahold of me
lol got ya
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

the main difference is going to be consistency. an am rider and pro rider might have most all the same tricks under their belt, a pro will be able to execute them at will where an amature will have a higher rate of mistakes in their riding.
that is true.. but the thing is 99% of the "PRO" riders you see at comps arent very consistent either. thats the thing i hate about going to watch comps.. you figure these "pro" riders should have everything on lock. but they dont their always droppin the bike and puttin their feet down and what not.. you would think as often as they practice their runs they would have every aspect of it on lock..
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by FUCT420
that is true.. but the thing is 99% of the "PRO" riders you see at comps arent very consistent either. thats the thing i hate about going to watch comps.. you figure these "pro" riders should have everything on lock. but they dont their always droppin the bike and puttin their feet down and what not.. you would think as often as they practice their runs they would have every aspect of it on lock..
haha thats why contests bore the **** out of me, the riding isnt really that exciting. i see better **** going down on the streets and in the lots on the weekends.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

haha thats why contests bore the **** out of me, the riding isnt really that exciting. i see better **** going down on the streets and in the lots on the weekends.
yeah me too..i dont even bother going anymore.. lol. id much rather watch AZ's finest killin it at the lot then a show or comp.. for ex. watching lin ride at a comp is cool.. but watching lin at the spot is just ****** murder..lol
Old 08-14-2009, 05:24 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

+1 very true....but u have to take into consideration most of the events are held in shitty places....like riding on a circle track, its completely sideways. Its not like a good spot thats flat....i think thats most of the problem.

But pros are rockin it from drifts to long *** endos to figure 8s to parking tires on ****. They are well rounded....even tho there are alot of "underground" riders that should be noticed more for difficult tricks...this sport sells more with show riders. Becuase its not other stunters(your competition) you want to sell yourself to....its the public
Old 08-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
+1 very true....but u have to take into consideration most of the events are held in shitty places....like riding on a circle track, its completely sideways. Its not like a good spot thats flat....i think thats most of the problem.

But pros are rockin it from drifts to long *** endos to figure 8s to parking tires on ****. They are well rounded....even tho there are alot of "underground" riders that should be noticed more for difficult tricks...this sport sells more with show riders. Becuase its not other stunters(your competition) you want to sell yourself to....its the public
very true..i have seen sum pretty shitty spots that they have to ride on
Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Every top level rider I know is consistent as hell. Now, take that rider, put him a less than desirable area, place a little stress on him, then tell him to do all his hardest tricks in 3min. And you say they put their feet down as a negative? If a professional rider is riding at the limit then there is a chance things wont be perfect. But to say they're inconsistent is wrong.

And for all the comps are boring guys. Yeah to a point. If you ride with people that are at that level on the weekends you're not going to see much new. But comps aren't made for people like yourself. They're made for the people who don't see it every weekend.

Really they are as entertaining as you want them to be. If you come with the attitude of "these guys better blow me away" and the riders don't. Perhaps you, or your boys should be competing. Then you would have someone to get behind and it would be entertaining. The other way to look at it is going to see the current benchmark. There is a lot of progression that goes on each year throughout the points series.

And in the AM vs PRO category. That's kinda funny. I think of it this way. If you go to a riders website and they say they're professional stunt rider(s). They're probably amateurs.

Quick Reply: What seperates Amateurs from Pros