How did you feel.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:49 AM

gsxr11523 is an unknown quantity at this point
How did you feel.........

When you did your first christ and what part of the bike did you do it on and how fast?
Old 07-23-2003, 02:12 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Do it on the tank, the seat is too soft. Took me about 20 times before I could stand all the way up. Kinda wierd at first but once you get used to it's nothing special.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

ridesurf is an unknown quantity at this point
I started on the seat because it's not as high and your wieght is closer to where it should be tus more stable. once i got used to it there i would do it on the seat then step to the tank holding the wind screen. It's whatever feels easier to you. Or just have some help balance you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	p5090148.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	26921  
Old 07-23-2003, 02:43 PM

CldMind is an unknown quantity at this point
This was my first attempt... Camera Guy didnt wait till I got all the way up

Old 07-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
good idea not to wear a helmet on your first try
Old 07-23-2003, 03:10 PM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point
The first time I did it was on the seat. It was ok but the cusion made it hard.
The 3rd time was on the Tank. That felt awesome cause it was one trick I deffinately wanted to do. Felt like I was riding on top of the world then.

Dont be surprised if the first few tries, your legs dont want to obey your commands of "Stand Up".
Old 07-23-2003, 03:12 PM

CldMind is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya.. Just starting out mistake. Wanted to look cool for the camera. then I relized I just looked like an idiot. I dont ride without one now!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:23 PM

ndublanko is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember not to just blindly commit to it either. You gotta be 110% aware of your balance, wind, speed, road smoothness, etc.
Take it ALL into consideration, and when you feel safe enough, you can stand up slowly and confidently for the first time.

The way I learned (worked first time I stood up) was to hop up onto the tank going about 50-60km/h (30-35mph?) while still holding the handle bars. When you feel that you're safe & ready, slowly ungrip your handle bars to see how it feels, and once you're confident enough, stand slowly. Don't be too embarassed to stick out your arms for balance like a homo-erotic gymnast, it actually helps your balance a lot.
To get back down seated, crouch a little and just pop your *** back down onto the seat. (Avoid hitting the cowling if you have one!)

Hope this helps! Take it slow bro, you'll get it for sure!

Old 07-23-2003, 04:22 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person
Originally posted by rpm
Pardon my noobness heh, but if I were to do one when I get my bike in your opinion would frame sliders be a good idea? From what I understand, It's so that when the bike does wobble and then fall over for example if your doing a christ it allows it to grind along those instead of your frame and if your going only 30, 35 then the bike should be alright.
Frame sliders are good for all stunting purposes. Unless you get an engine cage instead that has frame sliders on it. Our sponsor just made cages for us and we are calling them Hydro Cages. Click the link below to visit our forum to see what I mean.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=23089

The Christ Air is un-nerving at first but like everyone has said....it just takes some practice and you'll become more confident in performing this trick. Here is a pic of my partner Krazy White Tony in a Christ Air. He loves them. We have video of him doing it right down the main street of our town at like 4 in the afternoon. I'll have to find it and put it on our website. It was pretty sweet.....it was even sweeter that no po-po was around.

Laterz, KW Rich

Name:	dsc00412.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	26930  
Old 07-23-2003, 04:59 PM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
The bike won't just fall over. It has inertia, and the movement of the rear wheel has centrifugal force which acts as a gyroscope. Ever see people **** up an acrobatic trick and they fall off but the bike ghosts away?

When it finally does stop (into a tree, a guardrail, a car, whatever) and then falls over at 0 mph, frame sliders might save you from a broken shift lever or something.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

ridesurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Frame sliders at least are a must but a crash cage is even better for not that much money i know it has saved me a few times learning highchair burnouts. I got mine from CCR Fabrication and it has saved my plastics and my cases.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:47 AM

gsxr11523 is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't want to know how to do it or what I should put on my bike to protect it when it falls I just ask the one simple question.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:04 AM

You got the Bonus Plan.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:11 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
i started on the seat. finally got the nerve to stand on the tank, after 2 attempts it was easy. a few months later i got the nerve to elevator from the pegs to the tank. i did it 3 times in a row almost crashed the third time and have not done it since.

oh and dont try it over say 65 in case of wind gusts. i was almost blown off the bike around 80 doing a christ up the Dames point bridge.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:32 PM

03636 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was down the beach one day with my buddies and this kid on a older ninja was standing on the seat flapping his arms next to a car full of girls then lost his balance and fell off, the car went into a brand new lexus!!!the guy was pissed, and there was a undercoer cop behind the guy!doesnt that just suck?
Old 07-25-2003, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by StuntRagz Chris
oh and dont try it over say 65 in case of wind gusts. i was almost blown off the bike around 80 doing a christ up the Dames point bridge.
What were you thinking. The Dames Point is probably the windiest bridge we have. Crazyyyyyy.

P.S. Let me know when you want to try it on the Mathews Bridge....lol
Old 07-25-2003, 04:53 PM

Mojave is an unknown quantity at this point
Took me a couple of tries to get on the seat mainly because of fear, but after you stand the first time it passes. Then you try to do a point or something stupid like that and almost fall off like your buddy there by the beach. My friends got me almost falling off on camera ( dont think Ill ever live it down). I dont like climbing up there though, I want to start jumping. Any tips other than the obvious "jump"?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:32 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person
Originally posted by Mojave
Took me a couple of tries to get on the seat mainly because of fear, but after you stand the first time it passes. Then you try to do a point or something stupid like that and almost fall off like your buddy there by the beach. My friends got me almost falling off on camera ( dont think Ill ever live it down). I dont like climbing up there though, I want to start jumping. Any tips other than the obvious "jump"?
Grab your ***** with your right hand and jump.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by smb123
The bike won't just fall over. It has inertia, and the movement of the rear wheel has centrifugal force which acts as a gyroscope. Ever see people **** up an acrobatic trick and they fall off but the bike ghosts away?
Partically true... On my 900RR christs are east and the bike will ahppily stay up until you get down to about 25mph then it wobbles. Always had to de em at like 30-35moh. ONce tried one at 60mph and about blew off the damn bike! My buddy Jeff is a big guy and could EASILY do em at 60 but one day he slowed down too much like 20-25 and the bike wobbled and he fell off and cracked his mellon...

I learned on a Suzuki GS500e

Name:	shugstand2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	27171