Voltage at the battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Voltage at the battery

What should the voltage be at the battery while the bike is running?

Idle and giving it gas
Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
the mechanic

GixxerJamie is a decent person
Re: Voltage at the battery

14.2 ~15.2 volts load depending, headlights on/off idle/off idle
Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 PM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

What he said^^^^^

Battery voltage is 12 volts.
Above that is your charging system.

Lowest I would like to see is about 13.5 at idle. ( Which is a little weak)
Highest I would like to see would be 14.5 ( beyond that you are getting into overcharging issues.)

What problem are you dealing with?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

you'll be lucky to see perfect voltage, unless your on a brand new bike with a brand new battery

especially since most bikes don't produce much charge, if any at idle. Especially if you run your fan on all the time with your headlights...

my f4i runs around 13-13.2v at idle with the fan not on, it drops a little lower with the fan on.. At around 4-5 grand it gives me around 13.9-14.1 or so, fan on it drops it down to around 13.6ish

If your battery is low though, and doesn't have much of a charge, your charging system wont show near as high of voltage.. So to really check, you need a battery that's good and charged up
Old 08-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

14ish
Old 08-09-2009, 12:46 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Just changed the rectifier and it's getting anywhere between 13.8- 14.3 at the battery.

When it would get hot the battery would die and I would have to push start it. I don't think it's the stator because of the reding I am getting after changing the rec. We will see tomm
Old 08-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Something is up with my f4i as well. Every time i ride i end up pop starting it somewhere along the line. Usually when it gets hot
Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
Something is up with my f4i as well. Every time i ride i end up pop starting it somewhere along the line. Usually when it gets hot
Mine died 3 times in Brooklyn before we ever got to the meet up spot for Hollywood's ride. Talk about a shitty felling breaking down in the hood where you have no idea where you are. LOL
Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Group Moderator

hope you were wearing neutral gang colors
Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
hope you were wearing neutral gang colors
Yeah I was the only white guy lol
Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Group Moderator

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Yeah I was the only white guy lol
eh old white guys seldom get jumped up there

Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Just changed the rectifier and it's getting anywhere between 13.8- 14.3 at the battery.

When it would get hot the battery would die and I would have to push start it. I don't think it's the stator because of the reding I am getting after changing the rec. We will see tomm
my bike used to do that same **** all the time. then it suddenly stopped doing that out of nowhere. the only thing i did that may have fixed it was fix a short in my headlights.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:28 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Yep halfway through the ride in NY it was starting fine again. Things that make you go hmmmm
Old 08-09-2009, 01:55 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Yep halfway through the ride in NY it was starting fine again. Things that make you go hmmmm
it could be a million different things

but when it did die on you and had to be push started, was it after a lot of low rpm driving, and lots of fan usage + headlights?

If so, it might be a combination of a battery going out and not holding much of a charge, and a charging system not providing much of a charge......

but who knows, could be a lot of different things.....
Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 AM

ballinhard is a decent person

14.25 and and above