Any AZ Guys Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM

warguy is a decent person
Any AZ Guys Please Help!!!

Ok i know this is the stunt discussion and its not related but i need someones help ASAP!!!

Long story short, SPRINT SUCKS and i need to get out of the contract but they wont do anything about it. I can get out of the contract IF the area that i live in has horrible coverage then they have to let me out without geting charged the cancelation fee witch is going to be $400 to cancel my wifes and my phone lines. I live in TEMPE AZ and i was just wondering is someone who lives in AZ in an area that has horrible sprint coverage if you could help me out that would Be GREAT!!! All i would need to do is change my billing address to whatever your address is and then i can cancel without a fee....And after i cancel your address wouldnt be used anymore so i would only need to used it for like a week. So if someone could help a fellow stunter save some dough that would be great and ill make you some free die-cut decals of whatever you want!!! Hit me up and give me a pm ASAP cause i need to get this **** done!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:27 PM
NEP

NEP is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Any AZ Guys Please Help!!!

I get pretty good coverage with sprint, sorry i can't help...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future
Re: Any AZ Guys Please Help!!!

1. Find an alternative Having ammunition as to what contract you are going to switch to will give you confidence and strength to go through with the painful process of getting out of your contract.
  2. Be a squeaky wheel. Say you want out because the service isn't up to par. (And really, is it?) Then back that up by filing official complaints online with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau. However, if you have no grounds for complaint, then these steps will not help you.
  3. Get a lemon. Get a known problematic phone, complain 3 times, be let out of a contract due to your local lemon law. However, most carriers and manufacturers warranty their phones for one year and will offer alternatives if you continue to have problems.
  4. Try a market-based fix. Some companies such as CellPlanDepot.comand Cellout.ca match unhappy mobile customers with people who'd like to sign up, at a discount of course. Some of these sites are free and others charge a nominal fee.
  5. Look for your provider to bury changes to Terms of Service with your bill. Quite often providers modify their service plans, much of the time the modification is a benefit. It doesn't matter, this voids the previous contract. Read the small print on those inserts included with your bill, it will spell out that you have 30 days (may vary on where you live) to cancel your contract with no charge simply because they changed the contract.
    • Get off the grid. If you move and cannot get the same level of service as your previous location, tell your service provider. They're not legally required to cut you loose, but frustrated consumers have reported success. T-Mobile's and AT&T's is to waive the Early Termination Fee if you do not have service in your area. This step may have to be verified with their engineers.
    • Join the army. If you are a member of the US Armed Services and you receive orders to somewhere the company doesn't provide service they are obligated to cancel your contract free of charge. Keep in mind, you'll have to provide a copy of your official orders. Your base legal office should be able to provide you with free assistance in working with the company. Most carriers will offer a military suspension option as well.
  6. Force them to produce the signed contract. Ask them to produce a copy and mail it to you. This step rarely works anymore, as most retailers do send their paperwork to storage facilities or scan them into databases and can usually pull up contracts and receipts fairly easily.
  7. Shrink your plan. As a last resort, cut back to the bare minimum the provider allows and drop any frills, like picture-messaging. Depending on the number of months you have left, this could be cheaper than paying the early termination fee, which can often run up to $300 per line. However, at some cellular companies changing your plan, even to reduce it, may extend it for at least another year, so do the math first to make certain it will actually save you money.
  8. Dead?? If your cellphone happens to be in someone's name who recently deceased (spouse, Dad, Mom, the CEO/Owner of your workplace) - call and get the service cancelled.
  9. Tethering, always fail proof. If your cellular service/cell phone allows tethering, it is rarely mentioned in the contract that there is a bandwidth limit when it comes to this. Connect to the internet using your Cell Phone 2 PC connection and set it to download as many .torrent files (or any large files) as you can, this will normally lead to deactivation of your service for an undetermined amount of time. As it normally does not state in your contract that usage can be grounds for this, it voids contract, therefore, letting you off.
  10. Have someone take over the account by signing a change of financial responsibility. That way there is no term fee because someone is taking over the contract.
Maybe one of these will work for you bro. I am over cell phones at work and I HATE cell phone carriers!!!!!