Liter bikes, need your opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:39 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: Liter bikes, need your opinion please

ZX-10 for all the reasons that have been made already and because i bleed green to.

2nd choice- honda, because it's a honda

3rd- yamaha just because i've always liked the look of r1

will NEVER buy a suzuki
Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Should they refuse to sell liter bikes to newbs or just try to push them towards smaller bikes?
Originally Posted by lee majors
yes refuse and offer smaller bike. at least that would be the responsible thing to do in my opinion.

dont you guys know the Gix1k is a 600, a 750, and a 1000? yut ughh!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

I would buy one after I seen it out for a year or two with no major defects, and no major complaints on forums, or at dealerships.

But more importantly I would need to see a certain somebody beating one like it was given to them for free and survive!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
its seems to being doing just fine in world superbike.... and its not always about the specs,...look at this years ZX6... OMG 110 HP the firststock 600 with that power and i think its seen the podium once or twice, now granted they dont have the best of riders on them rite now but its just the fact that that specs arent everything.

Rider makes up for alot buddy, not to mention they have the best rider on that bike in WS. Thats why Ben Spies bike isnt even made in Japan, they get there motor shipped in but the bikes chasis is hand built in Italy.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

stop bastardizing my thread! lol

opinions and WHY!!!!!

why WOULDNT you buy the beemer? (besdies the fact taht it is a new model, never tested)
Old 07-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
i like the opinions...most are in line with my own but it's good to get feedback. keep 'em coming. i'm going to compile the info in this thread and send it to BMW as part of the task force work I'm doing.

did i mention: 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on EVERY BMW?!!!
That warranty is what would probably get me interested. I'm actually in the market for a liter bike, gonna pick one up within the next few months. The beemer sounds nice, especially if it comes with that warranty. But the only local bmw dealer is Bogarts, and I hear bad things about them.

To me its down to the zx10r, or the 1000rr. Both nice looking bikes and at decent prices. Paying retail is pushing it for me, I dont mind paying close to 11k but thats about it.

Oh, and straight off the showroom floor. These are what I'm going with : fender eliminator kit, aftermarket exhaust, and steering stabilizer.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:58 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

true specs aren't everything....but for many they are. but for those that don't necessarily care about specs, WHY do you buy the bike you buy?

what would YOU need for YOU to make the BMW your first choice? hmmmm
The first time they release a bike it usually allways has flaws that they fix a couple of years later, so its usually better to wait for the moe betta revised edition that will come out two years later!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

GSXR 1K.... but that BMW could be in my garage one day
Old 07-31-2009, 05:11 PM

MoxieATS1 will become famous soon enough

My minty 05 10R, Insane power delivery, good suspension, good ergos, some people say the brake response is a bit spongy but if its just a street bike and not hitting the track I would say its just fine. I guess the only actual bad thing I would say about this bike is head shake. The 04-05 ZX10s did not come stock with a steering damper and this bike needs one! I had mine for a less than a week realized a scotts damper was in my future.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture002.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	229034  
Old 07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

teacher make sure u tell them if they want in to our kind of market that they are gunna have to go back to sales school and learn how to talk to people who wanna buy a bike on a loan or only partial cash down.....

real workin people that wanna own a bmw to squid round the town on...

i love bmw craftmanship and technology, but its alsmost as bad as ducati guys, and their bikes.

They should do some promo like kawi canada did on the new zx6r...like a credit for a full exhaust, track day, or wheels

that would be sweet.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by f4ibry
teacher make sure u tell them if they want in to our kind of market that they are gunna have to go back to sales school and learn how to talk to people who wanna buy a bike on a loan or only partial cash down.....

real workin people that wanna own a bmw to squid round the town on...

i love bmw craftmanship and technology, but its alsmost as bad as ducati guys, and their bikes.

They should do some promo like kawi canada did on the new zx6r...like a credit for a full exhaust, track day, or wheels

that would be sweet.
believe me, you hit the nail on the head....this is what i've bee sayign adn part of the message i am sending to the dealers. no one cares about gas mileage and heated grips in this market. we want sick, sicker, and sickest...with power, handilng, looks, and of course, the cool factor.

they are trying and they are learning...many years of set attitudes to overcome though
Old 07-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

I wouldnt buy a new bike just because I feel I could build a better bike for less than half. I dont do track days so all fancy schmancy gizmos that are going to make it cut a tenth of a second from my lap time arent going to make me run down to my local dealer and pluck down the coin for a new bike.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

believe me, you hit the nail on the head....this is what i've bee sayign adn part of the message i am sending to the dealers. no one cares about gas mileage and heated grips in this market. we want sick, sicker, and sickest...with power, handilng, looks, and of course, the cool factor.

they are trying and they are learning...many years of set attitudes to overcome though

you should put together some demographics so they know their target market. I'm 32, a systems administrator, and I ride motorcycles.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:52 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

my fav's are...

00-03 Honda 900's
04-06 R1
03-04 gix1k

i've had my 929 for almost 2 years now and its my 2nd one.. love those *******.

i would love to own the bmw 1000rr.. but with all the technology crap on the new bikes i dont like any of them.
and how they also feel super tiny i hate that.. i like big wide gas tanks and cheap maintaince
i prefer 99-05 for most bikes
Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Okay Im just gunna do a friendly reminder...Do not buy suzuki , their safety didn't really pass their test when the neck breaks down which it is not safe to ride suzuki
Old 07-31-2009, 07:37 PM

DEBO is a decent person

I like Beeemahs
Old 07-31-2009, 07:40 PM
M@SS MAYHEM

Sick.Nate will become famous soon enoughSick.Nate will become famous soon enough

good posts guys, keep em coming...

i hear ya on the BMW dealer thing...that is part of the image i have been hired to change.

so basically, if you aren't brand loyal, and if the price point is basically the same, it comes down to looks with some performance?

btw: the s1000rr has some pretty nifty designs taken straight from F1...i dont really care about that stuff, but some of the tech geeks dig it.

an add on question: what mods would you do to the bike straight off the showroom floor?

also: are you looking for anything else with your purchase BESIDES just the bike? as in, dealer support, cool factor, track days etc.

not looking as to what bike you would stunt, just what bike would you buy if you were in the market and were going to buy any liter bike out there....

thanks again and keep em rolling...was told I can't release the spy footage I have on the S1000rr, but suffice to say, the bike is siiiiiiick!

Free First oil change/tune up after break in. Like when you buy A new car. I think Every motorcycle company should do it but I bet if any, A company like BMW could show there more high class and care about there customers enough to do something like that. Just an idea..
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

my first choice would be either the cbr or gsxr. second choice would be the ninja. i dont really have any interest in a r1. as far as what id like for extras from a dealership: first service complimentary, and a good discount on whatever items i wanted to choose with the bike. and for those parts to be in stock. i dont like to have something thats "free" if they give me a "free" helmet i know it will be the cheapest thing they could find. i know from working at a bike dealership.
last, why wouldnt i buy a bmw? simple, the reputation they have built for having outragous prices for parts and service. we charge 40 dollars to change a tire on a bike and bmw riders in our area come in to us because the bmw dealer charges 125 just to change a tire. thats ridiculous
Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

stop bastardizing my thread! lol

opinions and WHY!!!!!

why WOULDNT you buy the beemer? (besdies the fact taht it is a new model, never tested)
Because we've all witnessed what a pile yours is? Pfeiffer's sure looks good though
Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
weed.

stunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond repute

so i'm doing an informal research analysis type deal for BMW. as many of you know they are releasing the new BMW S1000RR in december for the public. this is a new venture into the sportbike market for BMW and it
s my job to make sure people know about it, etc...

some fast facts:
$13,800 retail (upgrades like traction control, etc are a bit more)
193 hp
400 lbs dry

class leading HP

now if you could, what liter bike would you buy and WHY?

for real please...i'm definately using this info!

CBR1000
ZX10
GSXR1000
R1
BMW 1000RR
Name:  2009_bmw_s1000rr_5.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  108.1 KB

i remember reading a article on the BMW on supa street bike last year, was swearing up and down i was determined to get it.

first one to get it and stunt it out and put up a video on SL gets my 2 cents

Originally Posted by Darius
Because we've all witnessed what a pile yours is? Pfeiffer's sure looks good though
i would go nuts if you replied to this and quoted me, but your the reason why i got into this mess watching all of your servin it up video's man that **** made me look at life a different way.

your my favorite stunter too.

and your viper is the ******* shiiiiiit, i remember when i first saw that video

of you drifting a whole curve when the road was wet.

Last edited by stunt fighter; 07-31-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Liter bikes, need your opinion please