Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Liter bikes, need your opinion please

Originally Posted by 2 old
929 a pig?
Mine weighs 383 lbs...
I meant more on power. I had a stock 929 and had a difficult time clutching 2nd 3rd etc. zx10r will roll on in 2nd (stock everything) and clutch very easy (even sitdown) in 2nd 3rd. But stunt willingness I guess isnt info he wants. Im surprised there both close to the same wieghtd dry. zx10r is 374 lbs. The 929 (383.) sure doesnt feel that light. LOL.

Last edited by 287ridah; 07-31-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=TEACH C6;4062982]good posts guys, keep em coming...

so basically, if you aren't brand loyal, and if the price point is basically the same, it comes down to looks with some performance?

to me it comes down to just performance. looks are an afterthought.

an add on question: what mods would you do to the bike straight off the showroom floor?

adjust the suspension proper, change tires, stainless lines, remove rear fender, ebc hh pads, double bubble windscreen, grips...etc
Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
thanks again and keep em rolling...was told I can't release the spy footage I have on the S1000rr, but suffice to say, the bike is siiiiiiick!
they are super sick bikes. a local dealer brought one out to the last Smithers Customs BBQ to show it off, they let people sit on it to feel it out.

as for aftermarket bits when leaving the showroom... prolly your regular fare as with any sportbike; slip on/full system and FE kit.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

The new R1 is nasty ...
If all the bikes were the same price I would take the bimmer, if that is 193 HP at the wheel from the factory that is just nasty ... the thing looks sick, and not having the same gixxer with chrome rims like 500 other people at bike night is a plus ...

Teach - One thing I have noticed since the wife works at the dealership is a lot of people have been going for bikes that offer a 5 year factory warranty ... especially with a bike that some might consider tougher to work on because it is something out of the ordinary ...
Also it seems like the first thing people do to bikes is exhaust or exhaust/power commander combo ...
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person

straight off the showroom, it would definatly be and exhaust, air filter and dial that babe in with a Power commander right away, then i would check to see what kind of rubber im on, and make sure its dunlop sportmax qualifiers or pirelli diablos, flush mounts, fender eliminator,

I feel that the only way you should be rewarded from a dealership is if you you put forth a sufficient ammount of money down or paid it in full to get free prducts like helmets gloves and jacket discounts or complementary items.... you shouldn't be able to go in with no money down get a bike and demand free ****,...no way.

and for newbs, i think schools and track days should be mandatory if not enforced more by the states, too many fatalities from new *** riders buying hyabusas and 1000s and then killing themselves in the next week because they couldnt properly brake for a turn at 140 MPH

Last edited by Yamaha412; 07-31-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
and for newbs, i think schools and track days should be mandatory if not enforced more by the states, too many fatalities from new *** riders buying hyabusas and 1000s and then killing themselves in the next week because they couldnt properly brake for a turn at 140 MPH

gotta give other countries credit for tiered licensing.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

straight off the showroom, it would definatly be and exhaust, air filter and dial that babe in with a Power commander right away, then i would check to see what kind of rubber im on, and make sure its dunlop sportmax qualifiers or pirelli diablos, flush mounts, fender eliminator,

I feel that the only way you should be rewarded from a dealership is if you you put forth a sufficient ammount of money down or paid it in full to get free prducts like helmets gloves and jacket discounts or complementary items.... you should be able to go in with no money down get a bike and demand free ****,...no way.

I agree +1
Old 07-31-2009, 04:17 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Originally Posted by BT_Xtreme
choice 1. kaw zx10 why? being that ive rode the all the top 4 liter bikes id prefer the zx10 over all. retail pricing is the cheapest out of all four. the handling on the bike is insane almost like throwing a 600 around. the low end torque is a beast not to mention it doesnt lack on the top end either. suspension is great.

choice 2. yamaha just because of the outrageous power is dispaces...end of story

choice 3. suzuki because the handling is a little stiff and lacks low end compared to the zx. top end is great especially on the track.

choice 4. but not that its bad...its just honda 1 good thing i can say is that it will always run.....

i work at a dealership for kaw, yam, and suz so i get to hear a lot of feedback from customers who owns them which also influenced my opinions.

Yamaha for its outrageous power, what crack are you smoking. Thats why it the slowest liter bike. Has less HP than last years model and the R1 has always had the least amount of power of the other 3 brands, not to mention how heavy that pig is this year weighting 478lb wet.

Last edited by scandelous81; 07-31-2009 at 04:20 PM.

JiggaStuntsAnR6 is a decent person

Atleast give them a free helmet $120 helmet may save their life... if you dont supply it they prolly wont wear it... but if its free...
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scott3824
The new R1 is nasty ...
If all the bikes were the same price I would take the bimmer, if that is 193 HP at the wheel from the factory that is just nasty ... the thing looks sick, and not having the same gixxer with chrome rims like 500 other people at bike night is a plus ...

Teach - One thing I have noticed since the wife works at the dealership is a lot of people have been going for bikes that offer a 5 year factory warranty ... especially with a bike that some might consider tougher to work on because it is something out of the ordinary ...
Also it seems like the first thing people do to bikes is exhaust or exhaust/power commander combo ...
Factories never rate wheel hp. That's gotta be crank.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:19 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Toss up zx10r and 1000rr
Old 07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i like the opinions...most are in line with my own but it's good to get feedback. keep 'em coming. i'm going to compile the info in this thread and send it to BMW as part of the task force work I'm doing.

did i mention: 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on EVERY BMW?!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM

for newbs, i think schools and track days should be mandatory if not enforced more by the states, too many fatalities from new *** riders buying hyabusas and 1000s and then killing themselves in the next week because they couldnt properly brake for a turn at 140 MPH
i disagree 100%.
instead, the dealers should just use common sense when selling someone a bike. a dealer has the experience to be able to judge the capabilities of a rider just by talking to him and watching him sit on the bike.
dealers just need to be more responsible.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:26 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee majors
i disagree 100%.
instead, the dealers should just use common sense when selling someone a bike. a dealer has the experience to be able to judge the capabilities of a rider just by talking to him and watching him sit on the bike.
-1 this is off topic but seriously......dealers are already *********....imagine if they got to decide who could and couldn't buy a bike......**** that.......just think of it as population control......
Old 07-31-2009, 04:26 PM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

i disagree 100%.
Should they refuse to sell liter bikes to newbs or just try to push them towards smaller bikes?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person

Originally Posted by scandelous81
Yamaha for its outrageous power, what crack are you smoking. Thats why it the slowest liter bike. Has less HP than last years model and the R1 has always had the least amount of power of the other 3 brands, not to mention how heavy that pig is this year weighting 478lb wet.
its seems to being doing just fine in world superbike.... and its not always about the specs,...look at this years ZX6... OMG 110 HP the firststock 600 with that power and i think its seen the podium once or twice, now granted they dont have the best of riders on them rite now but its just the fact that that specs arent everything.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

its seems to being doing just fine in world superbike.... and its not always about the specs,...look at this years ZX6... OMG 110 HP the firststock 600 with that power and i think its seen the podium once or twice, now granted they dont have the best of riders on them rite now but its just the fact that that specs arent everything.
true specs aren't everything....but for many they are. but for those that don't necessarily care about specs, WHY do you buy the bike you buy?

what would YOU need for YOU to make the BMW your first choice? hmmmm
Old 07-31-2009, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Should they refuse to sell liter bikes to newbs or just try to push them towards smaller bikes?
yes refuse and offer smaller bike. at least that would be the responsible thing to do in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:35 PM

yes refuse and offer smaller bike. at least that would be the responsible thing to do in my opinion.
They start refusing bikes and word of mouth is not going to be good. A dealership would never do that.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
an add on question: what mods would you do to the bike straight off the showroom floor?

also: are you looking for anything else with your purchase BESIDES just the bike? as in, dealer support, cool factor, track days etc.
I believe alot of the selling point for non stunters but serious street riders/racers would be the stabilizer as well. I liked what JohnnyP said about Kawi canada offering options straight from the dealer exhaust/wheels etc. 90% of people are going to throw and exhaust(at least slip on) as the first mod. I've always been sliders, dampner, exhaust, braided lines etc etc. I'm sure your probably asking to help them get aftermarket parts developped and ready for the release of the bike to the public. With those kind of #'s i dont see many people throwing down for a power commander or sprockets very quickly

Quick Reply: Liter bikes, need your opinion please